just recieved a g2 from t-mobile with gingerbread

Search This thread

lainvalenajr

Dec 12, 2010
Chula Vista
that is strange cause i didn't found a GB rom that would perfectly work on my Vision. there are always some issues like call drops, call lag or battery drains. or maybe i am wrong?

What GB rom are you talking about? The Gingerbread rom stated here is the offical or about to become offical gingerbread update for the G2. As for the call drops and battery drain(Rmk said that he had great battery life using the g2 gingerbread update as a base)... I never had call drops. I live in the san diego area where I get almost full bars and 4g so I havnt got a call drop yet.

Sent from my HTC Vision using XDA Premium App

dreamnewbie

Oct 30, 2009
Radom
dodomu.softether.net
What GB rom are you talking about? The Gingerbread rom stated here is the offical or about to become offical gingerbread update for the G2. As for the call drops and battery drain(Rmk said that he had great battery life using the g2 gingerbread update as a base)... I never had call drops. I live in the san diego area where I get almost full bars and 4g so I havnt got a call drop yet.

Sent from my HTC Vision using XDA Premium App
i tested CM7 final and latest nightly, G-Lite, miui's and almost all roms availible on this forum with or without sense. I also changed radios to recommended, manually deleted batterystats and giving rom a 3 day trial... every time they failed. now i am on Virtuous and it works fine.

popimp315

Nov 10, 2010
i tested CM7 final and latest nightly, G-Lite, miui's and almost all roms availible on this forum with or without sense. I also changed radios to recommended, manually deleted batterystats and giving rom a 3 day trial... every time they failed. now i am on Virtuous and it works fine.

g-lite I take it?

Sent from my T-Mobile G2 PyroMod 2.0 via tapatalk

ericc191

Jan 28, 2007
West Fork
Yeah the G-Lite one is good except for one nagging bug. The Power Control widget kept going blank on me. I got tired of it and I'm back on SuperCM7 1.9 for now.

mrfochs

Oct 31, 2009
Just got mine and no such luck

I received a warranty replacement last Saturday as my original G2's screen became unresponsive across the middle of the screen. I just checked and my replacement has the original 2.2 build.

Not sure if that helps the conversation, but know that unless yours was shipped in the last week, the 2.3.3 pre-loaded may just be an accident.

Praetorian011

Oct 14, 2010
San Diego
Had a friend who got a replacement G2 on 6/7, it came with 2.3.3.
I need to root this sucker and would like to avoid downgrading - are there any root methods out there yet?