[ROM] OaT's Light n Tasty: DISCONTINUED

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

O.a.T.

Jul 12, 2009
With regards to the quick apps, the dock is not based on running apps I dont think. I think you can add whichever apps you like to the dock. The advantage of this over standard app switching is that you know exactly which apps are there. I can forget which apps are running if I dont use the TP for a while. Anyhow, its not major would just be a nice addition. I understand if you dont want to add because of its early stage. Thanks for considering though

Words are hard! What I had tried to say is that the "Quick Apps dock" is available on every app running, not just the launcher. I'm still not sure that is coming out right. :confused: Anyway, I think we are saying the same thing. It is a nice capability that I will try to pursue.

Reactions: swear0730

f_padia

Jul 12, 2010
Words are hard! What I had tried to say is that the "Quick Apps dock" is available on every app running, not just the launcher. I'm still not sure that is coming out right. :confused: Anyway, I think we are saying the same thing. It is a nice capability that I will try to pursue.

oh yes, I see what you meant now and yes we are saying the same thing. Thanks again

badaphooko01

Aug 5, 2009
Cumming, Ga.
Those of you that have tried both A & B. which is giving you better battery life? Version B had been terrible for me, although i just ordered a touch stone so charging wont be such a hassle.

thaiusmle

Dec 14, 2011
Anyway to change dpi to 120 without breaking Cornerstone?

Sent from my aokp_tenderloin using Tapatalk 2

O.a.T.

Jul 12, 2009
Anyway to change dpi to 120 without breaking Cornerstone?

Sent from my aokp_tenderloin using Tapatalk 2

I think it might work by just changing the density on the build.prop. But of course you might want to make a nandroid, if it doesn't work and things go sour on going back to 160 dpi. I would try myself, but just installed a new non-Cornerstone version with some things I'm playing with. Let us all know if you do try it.

Moronig

Dec 2, 2010
Curitiba
I think it might work by just changing the density on the build.prop. But of course you might want to make a nandroid, if it doesn't work and things go sour on going back to 160 dpi. I would try myself, but just installed a new non-Cornerstone version with some things I'm playing with. Let us all know if you do try it.

I tried it with both 120dpi and 132dpi. Both kinda work, the app drawer button gets out of alignment, but the apps work ok.

Moronig

Dec 2, 2010
Curitiba
My launcher screen gets off center when I turn the TP from portrait to landscape (and back too), and sometimes the icons are clipped. That happens with cornerstone on or not, and the same happens on Nova launcher, Apex and Go Launcher HD, so it doesn't look like it's related to the upgrade from 1.05 to 1.06. Does anybody else get that? I was running the Apr18 Version B on 132dpi, BTW.

f_padia

Jul 12, 2010
My launcher screen gets off center when I turn the TP from portrait to landscape (and back too), and sometimes the icons are clipped. That happens with cornerstone on or not, and the same happens on Nova launcher, Apex and Go Launcher HD, so it doesn't look like it's related to the upgrade from 1.05 to 1.06. Does anybody else get that? I was running the Apr18 Version B on 132dpi, BTW.

yup I noticed that too. Not sure why it happens but it can get a bit annoying. Im trying to work out a way to avoid it. If you figure it out please let me know!

f_padia

Jul 12, 2010
is it possible to provide a flashable zip of just the wifi driver used in version B? I flashed version A but im finding wifi to be quite problematic. If I disable wifi I have to reboot the tp to get it back again which is a bit of a nuissance

dung8604

Sep 8, 2010
is it possible to provide a flashable zip of just the wifi driver used in version B? I flashed version A but im finding wifi to be quite problematic. If I disable wifi I have to reboot the tp to get it back again which is a bit of a nuissance

If you read the differences, the only thing is the kernel + wifi driver. The wifi driver is incompatible with the kernel in version A. Why don't you just flash version b?

Personally, I'm still on the last release before version a and b. Just seems to work better for me and I have little reason to change it. However, I will say that I want the sound fixes found in both A and B. Thus far, I have only done a system wipe, not full wipes, so that could be causing my overall unhappiness with version A and B.

Last edited:

f_padia

Jul 12, 2010
If you read the differences, the only thing is the kernel + wifi driver. The wifi driver is incompatible with the kernel in version A. Why don't you just flash version b?

Personally, I'm still on the last release before version a and b. Just seems to work better for me and I have little reason to change it. However, I will say that I want the sound fixes found in both A and B. Thus far, I have only done a system wipe, not full wipes, so that could be causing my overall unhappiness with version A and B.

I wasn't sure whether I'd need to wipe before switching from A to b. If not I'll just do that

O.a.T.

Jul 12, 2009
I wasn't sure whether I'd need to wipe before switching from A to b. If not I'll just do that

From the Flashing section in the OP...

"Actually, I only find it necessary to wipe cache and dalvik between flashes of my own ROM. "

This has remained true even with flashes between CStone and non-Stone versions. You probably will also have to flash Gapps again, followed by signing into your Google account.

O.a.T.

Jul 12, 2009

yup I noticed that too. Not sure why it happens but it can get a bit annoying. Im trying to work out a way to avoid it. If you figure it out please let me know!

I suspect it is because of the 132 dpi setting. Along that lines, I've noticed that at a 120 dpi setting my Google search no longer works, like others have described. Does the "restart" capability in Go HD Launcher not correct it?

Last edited:

dung8604

Sep 8, 2010
From the Flashing section in the OP...

"Actually, I only find it necessary to wipe cache and dalvik between flashes of my own ROM. "

This has remained true even with flashes between CStone and non-Stone versions. You probably will also have to flash Gapps again, followed by signing into your Google account.

If that's the case, then maybe my wifi chip/routers or whatever just plain don't like version A and B... I'll give it another go tonight.

O.a.T.

Jul 12, 2009
If that's the case, then maybe my wifi chip/routers or whatever just plain don't like version A and B... I'll give it another go tonight.

I do recommend full wipes and formats from whatever other ROM (CM9, CN, AOKP, CK, etc.) before flashing LnT. But in upgrades/switches from/between LnT to LnT, I've never had to do anything beyond wiping cache and dalvik.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Background
    As a bit of background, I publicly posted ROMs on PPCGeeks for the HTC Touch w/WinMo several years ago. Since then, I continue to develop ROMs primarily for family and friends on the EVO4G, LG Optimus, Acer A500, and of course the HP TouchPad. After an initial testing period by a group of volunteers here at XDA (thank you, thank you, thank you), I have decided to publicly release this ROM. I hope you enjoy it.

Philosophy and Acknowledgements
    My emphasis has always been on a very light and fast ROM that leaves plenty of room for one's own apps and customizations. My HP TouchPad ROM is based on a very stripped down KANG of the latest CM9 version (big thanks to Dalingrin, JCSullins, and all the other TPad devs that have brought this capability to us) that supports HW Video (meaning Netflix and HD YouTube) and all the other goodies you have come to know and love.

In addition there are also a few other treats thrown in, primarily,
    • the recently released QualComm adreno 2xx drivers,
    • the init.d tweaks published by Rohan,
    • the new ath6kl wifi drivers being incorporated into the 3.0 kernel,
    • the new HD Tablet launcher by the "Go" folks.

Big thanks to all the folks associated with these for their generosity in publicly providing these tweaks. Finally, I also employ a very stripped down version of the latest version of GApps that I will also link to. You can use the full version of GApps found elsewhere, but that will then somewhat defeat the intent of this ROM. The attached pics will give you some idea of what to expect. The benchmarks are all "typical" of the results I get on a non-overclocked CPU running at ~1.2GHz.

Updates
    In terms of updates, I actually build the ROM and the kernel almost on a daily basis so my older AMD quadcore isn't tortured with having to handle an extraordinary number of new commits. But that doesn't mean I flash almost daily. It all depends on what looks significant, if I really want to try something new, or if I'm just bored :eek:. You can find out what's new in the below "News" section of this OP to find out what's the latest on my front.

Flashing and .apk's
    Of course, all the standard cautions about doing the necessary backups (nandroids, titanium, or my backup) and the requirement for a complete set of wipes/formats (data, cache, system, dalvik) apply. Actually, I only find it necessary to wipe cache and dalvik between flashes of my own ROM. I also flash Gapps anew after each ROM flash. If you like experimenting with the other available ROMs, I advise a complete set of wipes and formats. And of course, you are flashing at your own risk.

Any .apk's included below need to be placed in the system/app directory with a rooted file manager, e.g. es file explorer, ensuring the permissions are the same as other .apk's in that directory, followed by a reboot. Unless, otherwise noted.

News
    08/30/12
    • DISCONTINUED

Links
    OaT's "Light n Tasty" GApps:

OaT's "Light n Tasty" ROMs:
    Plan on posting "final" CM9-based LnT this weekend, including a new BEATS audio and a few other ROM refinements, this weekend. Then I'm just going to hunker down and try working with CM10. We'll see how that goes. :confused:
    JB & LnT Update (as I currently see it)

First, I am seeing a lot of activity on the repo as the JB packages are even now being readied and moved into the new tree. The process, I believe, is to "finish" up CM9 with a stable RC2 then fully concentrate on CM10. Since CM10 is a "minor" update (4.0.4 ->> 4.1.1) CM9 will ultimately be abandoned with only CM7 (Gingerbread - 2.X) and CM10 (4.x) being maintained (Honeycomb - 3.X was never publicly released). I don't know how long this will take; could be anywhere from a few weeks to several months, but it has been said that any device that was supported on CM9 will be supported on CM10. Of course, a lot of that will depend on the developers who have specifically contributed to the TPad to rebase their work as necessary.

In terms of updates to LnT, I'm planning one more update sometime this month and then I'll hunker down and wait for JB, as I'm guessing there will only be minor improvements to the current state. Of course, should something major/interesting show up (e.g. the camera) or I get bored :silly:, I will adapt. Finally, I've decided to not go the direct AOSP JB route and just wait for CM JB.

Bottom line, because of the quality of the Touch Pad developers, I firmly believe our lowly TPs will be one of the early recipients of a sleek new JB including some interesting capabilities, e.g. Google Now.
    LnT JB Posted Including LnT JB Gapps

Please read updated News section in OP. Links located in OP.
    When you compile?! The cm10 source are you going to release public? Or you wait jcsullins to released first?

I'll release when it's, IMO, daily-driver quality. That doesn't mean it will be completely bug free, but it must be useable for all basic tasks including browsing, email, music, video, and many of my "critical" apps.