[16-JUL-2011] pcarvalho eXtreme ROM

Search This thread

hblgx

Jun 27, 2010
29022 does not support Chinese

Thanks Carvalho for your good rom!!!!

I just use Rom 29022 Build. But this rom does not support Chinese . I`ve already installed Chinese view and input.(thanks Ricky) .And 23569 rom support Chinese.

I have to return to 23569 ...

Can you check the reason?

Last edited:

denis__at

May 23, 2009
Atyrau
timezone problem

Hello pcarvalho
Today found small bag, but for me it was very stressful
timezone on my device with latest ROM has changed automaticaly to my mobile operator time.
Problem is: my time location different with time of my mobile operator
I was late on my train yesterday morning, too sad, my employer too strong ....

You can check it:
set other timezone
then switch on - air plane mode
then switch off it
time in your phone will change (previous version didn't has it)

it is big problem for me, could you fix it please, if it possibly

I love your roms only!!!

Last edited:

moalesipufos

Mar 12, 2007
Bucharest
Hey man,
May you live as you have not given any sign of life? I used very well with ROM made ​​by you and would be something great if it would come up with something new news! :)

jeffrey1993

Nov 23, 2011
the headset don't work

I have rom 29022 on my mobile phone but the headset doesn't work.
Is there a solution for this, because i really like this rom. :)

zkiss0

Feb 4, 2008
Weather update fail

HI!

I use a Touch Cruise (polaris), the main screen's weather can not be updated. When I tap it to start updating, the following message appears: "Updating weather" than "No weather data available"...

What could go wrong, it has been working for weeks?

Thanks, zkiss0

moalesipufos

Mar 12, 2007
Bucharest
The first time you set the program and had to choose weather city, you have to tick that you agree that certain information is used by Google to improve the program (they say). If you have not checked the box that you may not work, I just happened to me..Si from what I saw not much of what they do than if you hard reset.
Instead it works the other weather program.

gushpitz

Dec 27, 2011
Baia Mare
The first time you set the program and had to choose weather city, you have to tick that you agree that certain information is used by Google to improve the program (they say). If you have not checked the box that you may not work, I just happened to me..Si from what I saw not much of what they do than if you hard reset.

Hi, i checked that box and still not working...

I have:
- OS version: 5.2.29022 (29022.5.3.12
- ROM version: 3.6.WM65X WWE
- ROM date : 22-mar-10
- Radio Version: 1.59.44.02

Is there a solution ?

Thanks and excuse my english :)

gushpitz

Dec 27, 2011
Baia Mare
Is the a solution?

Thanks

Originally Posted by moalesipufos
Hi, i checked that box and still not working...

I have:
- OS version: 5.2.29022 (29022.5.3.12
- ROM version: 3.6.WM65X WWE
- ROM date : 22-mar-10
- Radio Version: 1.59.44.02

Is there a solution ?

Thanks and excuse my english

klatom

Oct 16, 2010
hi greekfragma,

im currently uploading a fixed rom, removed the app that made these sound issues happen...

once its uploaded ill post here its link...

cheers

29022:

Hello, I am looking for the newest ROM for Polaris... but this link to fileserver doesn't work. Would it be possible to reupload (or to rapidshare or elsewhere?)

Thank you very much in advance!

sam_pon

Jul 28, 2007
Please pcarvalho,

forget about the rom , just tell us that you are okay , because we are really worry about you .

i hope you are okay

megabyte1

Jul 12, 2010
hi,
i just installed WM65_HTC_Polaris_23569_WWE_4th. when i tap on the top bar of screen, where are located four icons ("plane", "no sim card", "volume", and "battery"), then notifications window is opening, where located only two of these ("no sim card" and "battery"). for what this window is needed? in older versions when i pressed on small icons on top bar there was opened a big bar with large icons and i could click on each of them to change its settings. now this bar appeared only when press on left of top bar, but if press directly on icons, it open "notifications". i think this window is useless, or it need to be not there. can i disable it?

and i have troubles with activesync - it works with small directories, but when i get into windows directory then active sync hangs up and does not responding. on mobile device all is working very slow (taskmgr shows that rapiclnt.exe takes all cpu usage). and when i copy something to pda device it hangs up too

and where i can get stable windows 6.5.5 rom for this device with no additional software installed? i prefer to install software on my own choice. or delete something from this. for example, it may be available as fresh system and packages which you can install or not, instead of including them directly in firmware so you can't do anything with them

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    build 29020 is out...

test it and let me know about issues...

cheers

Link:
    WM65_HTC_Polaris_29020_WWE_Beta1.rar
    I have tried this solution but it only works for once......

after that there is no sound on the device.....its like i have a dead speaker....no tones no nothing.....

any other solution or a re-cooked rom with the problem pre-fixed?

hi greekfragma,

im currently uploading a fixed rom, removed the app that made these sound issues happen...

once its uploaded ill post here its link...

cheers

29022:
    http://www.fileserve.com/file/Hb9DAMB
    next up...

COM3 build 29017 has:
    -htc volume control (goodbye old wm volume control)
    -newer sip menu (now works like newer devices)
    -new utask by ultrashot (press and hold taskmanager for settings)
    -sip icon overlap fix in phonecanvas (now 2G dialer should be without glitches)...

major issues:
    -since its COM3 phonecanvas/screenlock may have issues that need to get debugged

-ezinput also has an issue, one can now change layout/languages alot easier but to make things work after every change touch input settings (sip menu item) has to be run, some layouts my be unfinished still...

alpha state is just cause i need people to test it...other then that its fully working rom...

cheers

LINK:
    pcarvalho eXtreme 29017 alpha fileserve (10-04-2011)

pcarvalho eXtreme 29017 alpha hotfile (10-04-2011)
    hi my fellow htc cruise owners

before i begin thank you those that believed in me and that due to my absense got worried...i am...ok...worrie no more please...

sorry for being away for so long but both work and personal life made it very hard to finish what i was doing...that was at the time...fixing stuff 2 make our polaris work a bit more a bit longer...

meanwhile i had a complete system break down, i had copies but not very updated and i would have 2 remake most of the rom all over again

all my efforts went, sort to say, down the drain...

i even managed 2 loose all my passwords, cause i saved them all in my browser (stupid me :) )...including xda forum one...

additionally my own htc polaris also failed me, on one of my last capable attempts on making a android rom...

i ended up losing 50% of the storage capacity...

all these events leaded 2 my total and complete lost in work and ability to bring my simple attempt on making a bug less rom to a final stage...

all and all it was a fun stage...i enjoyed it a lot...hope some of u enjoyed it too...

again sorry for being away for such a long long time...but i only was able to recover my account password 2 weeks ago...

since i had no more working kitchen nor workable device i decided 2 move on a month or so ago...

i have joined the android era...

gotten a new device and will start finding out how android OS is made up, once i have the time (if i ever will have it any time soon)...

again thank you to all...

if u ever need any help please contact me via PM (something i also have 2 take care cause my PM box got a bit full)

cheers
    whats to come...

build 29020 SYS
    major issues since my last alpha release should now be fixed (email/wifi, incall volume)
    threaded email
    added screen rotation app
    new lockscreen layout
    new wallpaper