Soak Test Yea got E-mail today ....

Search This thread

skwoodwiva

Apr 24, 2011
It just reads your build prop. You could even be on a different kernel & nand to stock. Your build prop will disguise your kernel.

Guys IT IS CONFIRMED SBFing TO 234 IS OK.
AS WELL AS VOODOO KEEPING ROOT.

Last edited:
Feb 2, 2012
It just reads your build prop. You could even be on a different kernel & nand to stock. Your build prop will disguise your kernel.

Guys IT IS CONFIRMED SBFing TO 234 IS OK.
AS WELL AS VOODOO KEEPING ROOT.
that's encouraging, at least I can go back to CM7 if this absolutely sucks, like a lot of Moto's software

---------- Post added 5th May 2012 at 12:20 AM ---------- Previous post was 4th May 2012 at 11:25 PM ----------

Alright, here's the zip
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/15216418/Blur_Version.1.3.380.MB870.Verizon.en.US.zip
http://www.mediafire.com/?txtg88fgaa8890j

Last edited:
Reactions: Alan Wolfe
Feb 2, 2012
Dropbox problem

Yeah, dropbox wasn't working for me so I put it up on MediaFire. The dropbox link works when i'm logged in in another tab, and its in the public folder, but for some reason it doesn't work

Last edited:

three west

Dec 28, 2009
Madison, WI
Google Nexus 10
Nexus 6
seriously, been stock this whole time waiting for the soak, and Wednesday night I gave up and rooted and started restoring my setup.
Friday during Avengers it downloads the soak!

so I'm not up on the rootkeeper, just install from market and go?

sd_shadow

Recognized Contributor / XDA Welcome Team
Sep 21, 2011
South Dakota
goo.gl
Motorola Droid X
Amazon Fire
seriously, been stock this whole time waiting for the soak, and Wednesday night I gave up and rooted and started restoring my setup.
Friday during Avengers it downloads the soak!

so I'm not up on the rootkeeper, just install from market and go?

just select protect root then should look like this
aefd19bb-3411-9704.jpg

What in the kernel # tells you that? Mr Ash...

Gb kernel starts with 2.6.35
(based on Linux kernel 2.6.35)
froyo was based on Linux kernel 2.6.32

It's just a big fail
I'm pretty sure the phones performance would be exactly as it should if it had a true gb kernel..
Either way, THREE GINGERBREAD updates and Moto STILL HASN'T updated kernel from the Froyo base....it's junk...they can do better...if not, then i dont ever trust any update that comes from them cuz that would mean they don't know Jack about what they are doing....

Has music skips been fixed at least in this update? Anyone who had em before the update still having them?
Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:
Um if I take the uppdate could I use it with cm7rc1? If not eff that.

Sent from my MB870 using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2

The slight kernel changes may make something break until cm7 is updated to work with that kernel
it might be just fine
Worst is you gotta sbf back
(if possible)

On another note
Anyone take a look into guts of this new kernel?
Maybe they slipped us a bone with some kexec module or something? :) (don't get your hope up...I'm just asking)

Elite49

Jul 5, 2011
Its a slap to the face to everyone who bought this phone and even more to those who can't switch out. New phones can't come soon enough...*keeps checking google for verizon SGS3 info*.

Ryno77

Feb 13, 2012
The lack of posting about this soak test surprises me.....bump? :) Nothing good or bad?

Top Liked Posts