[Q] how to upgrade sg2 to ICS

Search This thread

manyoo

Mar 24, 2008
Hi everyone.

It has now been some days since Samsung release the official ICS for SG2. Most of my colleges have been able to upgrade to the latest android os.
The problem is, why i'm not able to upgrade my sg2? Its not locked to any cellular network. I have tried the OTA upgrade, and even trough KIES, but both fails to find any newer update.

Currently i am running Android 2.3.5 | Build number: GINGERBREAD.XWKJ2

When i type *#1234# i get the following info, might be useful for locate the issue.

PDA: I9100XWKJ2
PHONE: I9100XXKI4
CSC: I9100XEFKJ1

Build info: Fri Oct 21 00:52:44 KST 2011

So please someone tell me why im not able to upgrade, i have asked samsung, they keep saying it will come, it will come.

Thanks in advance :)

JJEgan

Oct 24, 2010
Samsung Galaxy Note 3
Hi everyone.

It has now been some days since Samsung release the official ICS for SG2. Most of my colleges have been able to upgrade to the latest android os.
The problem is, why i'm not able to upgrade my sg2? Its not locked to any cellular network. I have tried the OTA upgrade, and even trough KIES, but both fails to find any newer update.

When i type *#1234# i get the following info, might be useful for locate the issue.

So please someone tell me why im not able to upgrade, i have asked samsung, they keep saying it will come, it will come.

You can not upgrade because your firmware has not yet been upgraded on the server and thats what Samsung have told you wait .

This is a developers forum and we do not bother with official updates via Kies but install stock Samsung firmware often many weeks before release .

jje

Reactions: manyoo

nanodrone93

Apr 7, 2011
however you can update manually.. you can find the firmware on sammobile (you need to register before download) and then flash it via odin..

Reactions: manyoo

manyoo

Mar 24, 2008
You can not upgrade because your firmware has not yet been upgraded on the server and thats what Samsung have told you wait .

This is a developers forum and we do not bother with official updates via Kies but install stock Samsung firmware often many weeks before release .

jje

i see, oki, thanks for your respons.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi everyone.

jje
    however you can update manually.. you can find the firmware on sammobile (you need to register before download) and then flash it via odin..