Mytouch 4g slide keeps freezing

Search This thread

GGWC808

Jan 23, 2012
San Francisco
Hey all, i don't know if there's already a thread about this but i did a quick search and didn't really find one about my problem.

Anyways, my girlfriend has a mytouch 4g slide and it keeps freezing on her. If she's in a call, she can stay in the call but won't be able to hang up or use the screen in any way until a restart. She is completely stock. This is the second mytouch for her with the same problem. Any ideas as to why this is happening?

Sent from my HTC_Amaze_4G using XDA

monkor

Mar 22, 2012
DC
Hey all, i don't know if there's already a thread about this but i did a quick search and didn't really find one about my problem.

Anyways, my girlfriend has a mytouch 4g slide and it keeps freezing on her. If she's in a call, she can stay in the call but won't be able to hang up or use the screen in any way until a restart. She is completely stock. This is the second mytouch for her with the same problem. Any ideas as to why this is happening?

Well when I was stock, I never had any problems like this. I have heard about people having screen freezes with regards to the call screen, however. It could easily be one of the apps that she downloaded. It might be worth it to try a factory reset if the problem is persistent. Not to mention that sounds like a pretty annoying issue.

GGWC808

Jan 23, 2012
San Francisco
Huh, I talked to her more about this issue and it seems that it only freezes during a call. She didn't realize it until I asked her specifically about it. So any way to fix this issue.

gtmaster303

Oct 19, 2010
Huh, I talked to her more about this issue and it seems that it only freezes during a call. She didn't realize it until I asked her specifically about it. So any way to fix this issue.

If a factory reset doesn't solve your problem, you have two options:
  • Root and install a custom rom (could be a stock rom problem, even though it shouldn't be)
  • Get it replaced under warranty

yogi2010

Dec 22, 2010
Los Angeles, CA
is the device completely frozen, or can she get the screen to turn on by pressing the trackpad or something? come to think of it, the sensor doesn't seem to work perfectly on my device, so sometimes when i want to hang up a call, i need to press the trackpad to get the screen to turn on. i have never had the device become totally unresponsive tho.

GGWC808

Jan 23, 2012
San Francisco
Well, she says the screen is on but nothing happens when she taps it. The only way so far to get her phone to work again is a battery pull.

This is already a warranty replaced phone for the same problem. I would root her phone, but she is in San Francisco and I'm not. She is also not very tech savvy so she can't do it herself.

AgentCherryColla

Jan 15, 2012
Carpentersville
Well, she says the screen is on but nothing happens when she taps it. The only way so far to get her phone to work again is a battery pull.

This is already a warranty replaced phone for the same problem. I would root her phone, but she is in San Francisco and I'm not. She is also not very tech savvy so she can't do it herself.

Have her try using GO! Dailer/Contacts. I know this issue is based within the Call Out screen. But try using GO! It can also an out of Ram issue. On stock, the more widgets you use. The worse the phone gets. You'll see that HTC Logo all the time. My Uncle has this phone, and he's 100% stock. He gets freezes, and the HTC Logo screen after every app. Since the phone has the highest priority in a call, in can be using to much RAM. Then the phones doing a Rosie reboot with out the HTC scrreen.

If she wants to. Install Zeam Launcher. She won't have any Sense widgets. But it'll free up about 120Mb of Ram. Then place the call, and see if it lags.

Sent from my myTouch_4G_Slide using Tapatalk

Etrick

Oct 16, 2010
Indiana
plus.google.com
After a warranty replacement for my old phone, I haven't had time to fight rooting and have been experiencing similar issues... Memory mgmt seems to be cause. Ive removed some apps and it has reduced issues.

On initial use of phone, I reset it, inserted a full battery and followed the general "let it set" rules for a fresh rom install. At first, all was great, everything worked perfect. But as I added apps, it grew less stable. Also seeing phone freeze when rebooting into recovery... Eek. Tried multiple sd cards, batteries, to no avail.

Gonna call for another replacement. Ugh. Wrty is up in a couple months...

Sent from my myTouch_4G_Slide using Tapatalk 2

waxlabo

Jan 3, 2011
I've had a couple of freezes happen to me during phone calls and I realize what the problem was. It was apps automatically downloading in the background from the Play Store. If an auto update for apps is happening and I receive a phone call at the same time my phone will become unresponsive for a few minutes.

GGWC808

Jan 23, 2012
San Francisco
Have her try using GO! Dailer/Contacts. I know this issue is based within the Call Out screen. But try using GO! It can also an out of Ram issue. On stock, the more widgets you use. The worse the phone gets. You'll see that HTC Logo all the time. My Uncle has this phone, and he's 100% stock. He gets freezes, and the HTC Logo screen after every app. Since the phone has the highest priority in a call, in can be using to much RAM. Then the phones doing a Rosie reboot with out the HTC scrreen.

If she wants to. Install Zeam Launcher. She won't have any Sense widgets. But it'll free up about 120Mb of Ram. Then place the call, and see if it lags.

Sent from my myTouch_4G_Slide using Tapatalk

So this GO! Dialer, would it help with the freezing issue? I don't see how using another app would help with the memory issue. Does Zeam Launcher require root?