Kernel wakelock mdm_hsic_pm0?

Search This thread

intelli78

May 28, 2010
I am seeing a lot of kernel wakelocks from this in BBS, but can't find anything about it online. Does anyone know what it is?

Yossarian33

Oct 28, 2012
First time I see it today, so I searched and I see you have the same problem.

Today is the first day I've been on 3G (no LTE in my area) all day, with WiFi disconnected, and BetterBatteryStats shows FastDormancy and mdm_hsic_pm0

Causally related? I am fairly sure FastDormancy is causally related to the 3g stuff, but not sure about mdm_hsic_pm0 - it's possible?

I'm on the i317M, though, so maybe that could help us troubleshoot.

Reactions: svs57 and samevo

intelli78

May 28, 2010
Yes, I have indeed seen other reports of mdm and FastDormancy occurring simultaneously, but I don't have FastDormancy at all.

I have been unable to find any info on mdm since this post. There are a couple threads like this on other forums, so far none with answers though. It appears it is occurring with the GS3, as well.

If anyone else has any info, it would be much appreciated....

s4pat

Jul 11, 2010
i'm having this wakelock as well. can't find any information on it...anyone else?

s4pat

Jul 11, 2010
People are saying in another thread that it's the "l2 hsic" for jellybean and it has to do with charging. One possible solution is to wake phone and go to home screen before unplugging charger. Also pulling battery for a couple minutes may help.

Sent from my SPH-L900

Reactions: intelli78

intelli78

May 28, 2010
People are saying in another thread that it's the "l2 hsic" for jellybean and it has to do with charging. One possible solution is to wake phone and go to home screen before unplugging charger. Also pulling battery for a couple minutes may help.

Sent from my SPH-L900

Thanks for the info. Can you link to that thread?

res_au

Sep 17, 2007
Melbourne
I Disabled Fast Dormancy and that wake lock disappeared.
I'm not sure if we can get rid of the mdm_hsic_pm0 one.

Today is the first day I've been on 3G (no LTE in my area) all day, with WiFi disconnected, and BetterBatteryStats shows FastDormancy and mdm_hsic_pm0

Causally related? I am fairly sure FastDormancy is causally related to the 3g stuff, but not sure about mdm_hsic_pm0 - it's possible?

MeetFace

Dec 31, 2010
Just a hunch, this might have something to do with location or GPS. My wakelock with this doubled with GPS on for the day. While I had roughly the same amount of wakelocks from the Google maps location updaters.

sent from my ginormous Note II

kgbcapthowdy

Jun 16, 2008
any update on this? Recently happend to me and i went from 38 hours battery life to 18. Now granted yes thats still good. Nonetheless i want this to stop.

Stikman

May 12, 2007
I am getting this same wakelock and it's seriously getting on my nerves. My phone rarely ever gets to enter deep sleep because of this. Is this related to certain ROMs or is it effecting all note IIs?

Sent from my SPH-L900 using xda app-developers app

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1361344081408.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1361344081408.jpg
    18.6 KB · Views: 1,251

INCREMENTAL

Nov 4, 2012
Hey guys I'm from the Verizon Note 2. I actually made a search on Google this morning and it led me hear. I recently noticed a decrease in my battery life and seem to have the same problem as you guys, mine only caused about 35mins of wake time yesterday but if we could remove it the better for all of us.

There's also stuff I'm not really aware of if I can freeze or trash it all together. I'm new to this battery stats app. I added other pictures of possible stuff killing my battery, it seemed ebay mobile was a contender as well so i trashed it lol. I'm also on a custom ROM.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using xda premium

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1361375501133.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1361375501133.jpg
    19.4 KB · Views: 805
  • uploadfromtaptalk1361375556822.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1361375556822.jpg
    35.5 KB · Views: 671
  • uploadfromtaptalk1361375574417.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1361375574417.jpg
    53.3 KB · Views: 648
  • uploadfromtaptalk1361375586575.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1361375586575.jpg
    46.9 KB · Views: 598
  • uploadfromtaptalk1361375600931.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1361375600931.jpg
    53.2 KB · Views: 596
  • uploadfromtaptalk1361375612431.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1361375612431.jpg
    37.6 KB · Views: 569
  • uploadfromtaptalk1361375621610.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1361375621610.jpg
    56.6 KB · Views: 573

MeetFace

Dec 31, 2010
Probably the single.best thing you can do for your battery is to get. Google maps to stop reporting your location all day.

Go into the settings of Maps and disable reporting, unless you need it for something of course.

Stikman

May 12, 2007
Probably the single.best thing you can do for your battery is to get. Google maps to stop reporting your location all day.

Go into the settings of Maps and disable reporting, unless you need it for something of course.

Which as far as I can tell has nothing to do with this specific wakelock, which sometimes causes my phone to never go into deep sleep.

Yes, maps is obnoxious and causes plenty of its own wakelocks, but if mdm_hsic_pm0 is keeping my phone awake 100% of the time it's pretty irrelevant.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    OK guys I have some good news!!!! Im pretty sure i have lowered my wakelocks by a significant amount and found the problem. If I have decent signal and WI-FI is off , I am getting only around 19% to 23% time spent awake with the screen off. This is much better than the normal 33% to 46%. While idle im getting anywhere between 2.3% to 3% drain per hour. First here is what I did that im still not sure helped or not. Its up to you to try. I am currently on Carbon Rom nightly 9/9/13. I wiped the phone and started from scratch and I didn't allow google to restore my apps,data, and settings. I did that manually. I also flashed the ljc modem. I haven't tested my tweaks on other modems yet. I also use greenify on a few apps like facebook though I dont think this is necessary for this to work.

Now here is the tweaks that made a world of difference. there was a lot of research and trial and error with this. These are all build.prop tweaks so first check and see if the entry is already there, if it is match it to my values. If you don't have it in your build.prob then add them.

Don't add the ""

"persist.radio.apm_sim_not_pwdn=0" should be changed to "persist.radio.apm_sim_not_pwdn=1"

This next tweak im not sure is a mistake or done on purpose but the # in front of the line makes it not be read. Either way i got rid of the # and make sure it = 1.
    "#persist.radio.add_power_save=1" to "persist.radio.add_power_save=1"

Then I added "persist.radio.snapshot_timer=22" right under the line "persist.radio.snapshot_disabled=1"

Finally I added the "ro.ril.fast.dormancy.rule=0" still not sure if this works or not.

Go ahead and give it a try. After you change the values you will need to reboot. Might not see results right away. report back here on your experience. Oh and I am not responsible if this screws your phone up lol.

This issue was plaguing me and was chewing into my battery at a whopping 9%/H.
    Not my own idea, but inserting a new line ro.ril.fast.dormancy.rule=0 at the end of build.prop worked fine for me on my S3 4G.

DISCLAIMER: I only have a I9305T and have not tried this on Note II. Try this at your risk!!!
    Bump - Any more info on this?

I flashed Avatar 2.1 and I'm now getting this wakelock (and horrid battery life!)

Just an FYI, this issue isn't only on the Note 2. I have an S3 4G and it's destroying my battery life. Currently staring down the barrel of ~7-10% battery drain per hour :/

Absolutely no idea why or where the issue comes from. If you pull your battery, the problem lessens for a little while.
    I just twittered with sbrissen who is DEVing CM for the Sprint/Verizon GN2 and he is actively working on this issue :)