Custom kernel on stock firmware 4.3

Search This thread

sygys

Aug 26, 2011
Hi there,

Im pretty new to rooting, and just rooted my note 2 N7100 EU version.

I have a Qi charging pad and read allot about Sammy limiting it to 460 mAh.

What i would like to do is keeping the standard samsung firmware 4.3 but with a kernel that only enables the 1000 mAh charging rate over wireless charging. Is this possible?

i read allot of posts with custom roms with pages of changelogs and bug fixes but what i dont want is stuff to stop working after i flash a custom kernel.

Is there a way to enable 1000 mAh wireless charging without skrewing the rest of the firmware?

bunglebp

Nov 2, 2010
Kangaroo Country
Hi there,

Im pretty new to rooting, and just rooted my note 2 N7100 EU version.

I have a Qi charging pad and read allot about Sammy limiting it to 460 mAh.

What i would like to do is keeping the standard samsung firmware 4.3 but with a kernel that only enables the 1000 mAh charging rate over wireless charging. Is this possible?

i read allot of posts with custom roms with pages of changelogs and bug fixes but what i dont want is stuff to stop working after i flash a custom kernel.

Is there a way to enable 1000 mAh wireless charging without skrewing the rest of the firmware?

Take a Look at Agni Kernel - http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2311094 has alot of options :)

sygys

Aug 26, 2011
Yes try agni kernel ,u can set the charging current

sorry for the noob questions, but is there a page where i can download the stock samsung rom and stock kernel to unroot my device just in case?

I mean i can press unroot on the super SU app but im running a custom kernel... wont this brick my Phone?

sygys

Aug 26, 2011
So i installed the kernel got to the settings. But i see only usb and ac charge levels. Where is the wireless charging option? Or is it the same as the usb charge?