[GAME] Ultimate Music Quiz - Call for testers

Search This thread

migalito

Oct 11, 2009
Hi, I'm developing a music quiz for Android and before I launch it in the Android Market I would like to release a public beta for testers and hear some feedback and suggestions from you.

The concept of the game is simple and nothing new. A song plays for 20 seconds and the user has to answer which band or song is playing.

imagem2.png

The main difference from the apps that are available in Android Market is that UMQ does not use the music that you have in SD. Instead you can choose to play music from a last.fm username, a artist you love or from one tag available in last.fm. This makes the possibilities of playing UMQ almost infinitive.

imagem3.png

The High Scores are powered by ScoreLoop and is Ad supported. The score is the time left.

Known Issues:
- In time when passing from 01 to 00 it takes 2 seconds
- It's only optimized for HVGA (320x480)
- Sometimes appears songs that are not related with the tag, or artist
- If the name as a & sometimes don't appear the text after the &
- Some state buttons images are missing
- In artist game mode sometimes it gets stuck, you have to go back several times to give force close or kill the app
- Some songs appear repeatedly in one game
- The Options button does not work

Each game of UMQ generates about 20MB of data, so it recommended that you use a Wi-fi connection.

All feedback are welcome and appreciated.

Donwload v0.2.3

Hope you like UMQ :)

Last edited:

torsrex

Dec 12, 2010
Options button doesn't work

Hi!
On my desire hd, the options button doesn't work, when i listen to a song, press the back button, select a new artist, the whole program freezes, and the two songs play on top of each other. Also, when i have played the game for some time, the whole program just hangs and i get a force close message.

Anyway, Greate game!

polarbearmc

May 17, 2006
Las Vegas
www.bydavidrosen.com
thoughts

just played one quick game of it (got 13th place on the leaderboard)

fun game. would have liked a little more space between the band names. it ran well though and is a cool concept. especially once i get some more music on my phone i'm going to give it another go.

on a t-mobile g2.

Dave

Thetawaves

Feb 2, 2011
Hi, I just downloaded your game on my nexus s and after answering a few questions the game crashes and I have to restart it.

Hope this helps!

bigmikehd2

Sep 12, 2010
Cincinnati
When I first loaded up the game I chose play, then chose last.fm username and it foreclosed on me. restarted, just picked artist this time, chose snoop dogg, game worked fine but out of the 20 songs it played 2 of them twice and 1 of the three times. And 3 or 4 questions had two of the same answers. Other than that I love the game! great idea!

Edit-Plus I dont know if you have control over this or not, but try to choose a part of the song which doesn't involve the title, if possible.

Last edited:

Cooperstar

Jan 16, 2011
Fun! Nice work. I fired it up on my Vibrant and had a couple force closes, but it seems to be running now. I used the username function and artist. Both seemed to work well so far.

iain2510

Nov 3, 2008
OnePlus Nord
Hi, running a gingerbread rom on a Desire and working ok. Flaws seen so far, same potential answer given twice (ie not 3 distinct possibilities) and same song being repeated.Great concept and app though!

CTR01

Jan 19, 2011
Seattle
will download/try/review tomorrow when i get the chance/time too! sounds good tho!

update: downloaded it and tried it...
1)options buttton DOESNT work at all
2)since I dont really use fm radio or tags or listen to music on my phone I cant seem to start the game...
which is kind of an issue

rooted g2 running stock rom

Last edited:

stevilg

Sep 3, 2010
On my rooted Droid X I noticed that the options button does not funtion as well as exiting the program while in the game does keep the songs playing (kind of annoying). I don't use last fm so I didn't test that part. Also it seems like you'd want to filter out if two options come up that are the same song name. Other than that it works well.

patternott

Jun 18, 2010
absolutely love the app, a bit of feedback, some sort of notification or feedback for the user between songs to show the app is downloading the next song would b grrat, many times I thought the app crashed. other then that, very nice work, great idea. can't wait for more updates

Sent from my HTC Desire using XDA App