Finally got mine!

Search This thread

sal1311

May 3, 2013
This is hands down the phone I've been waiting for! Perfect screen size with a great processor and stock android. This phone is fantastic. I've had soooo many phones in the past year it's insane. Galaxy note 2 and 3 galaxy s4 htc one Sony xperia z ultra HTC one again galaxy note 3 again and none have made me happy. Alot has to do with ask the bloat that those phones have. I don't know how to root devices and play with the software. All I've wanted was a nice die phone that's snappy and smooth with a nice size screen and stock android. I now have it and couldn't be happier. I'm a little scared as to how the battery life will be as I'm a heavy internet user but time will tell. Gonna order a wireless charger and case now.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using xda app-developers app

OuncE718

Feb 27, 2010
DC by way of BK
This is hands down the phone I've been waiting for! Perfect screen size with a great processor and stock android. This phone is fantastic. I've had soooo many phones in the past year it's insane. Galaxy note 2 and 3 galaxy s4 htc one Sony xperia z ultra HTC one again galaxy note 3 again and none have made me happy. Alot has to do with ask the bloat that those phones have. I don't know how to root devices and play with the software. All I've wanted was a nice die phone that's snappy and smooth with a nice size screen and stock android. I now have it and couldn't be happier. I'm a little scared as to how the battery life will be as I'm a heavy internet user but time will tell. Gonna order a wireless charger and case now.

If you're looking for a budget wireless charger that gets the job done and is a trusted name then purchase the Nokia DT-900 (it's about $25 from at&t) and if you're looking for one that tilts then get the DT-910.

I have the DT-910 and it's wonderful. Stay away from off brand chargers because it can damage you're phone or even cause a fire!

Welcome to this wonderful community and enjoy your Nexus 5!

sent from my neXus 5

gee2012

Recognized Contributor
Jul 13, 2010
Heerlen

If you plan on rooting the device read the first 4 threads well in the General section before you do anything ;)

KiD3991

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Dec 21, 2012
If you plan on rooting the device read the first 4 threads well in the General section before you do anything ;)

Coming from N4 I know all I needed was to download the recovery.img and then start downloading roms. =w=
All you need is ADB/Fastboot

gee2012

Recognized Contributor
Jul 13, 2010
Heerlen
Coming from N4 I know all I needed was to download the recovery.img and then start downloading roms. =w=

Sorry for not recognizing the sheer magitude of your wisdom, the N5 though will be flagged when unlocking/rooting which the N4 didn`t have, you can reset it though but i`am sure you allready know that :)

Reactions: KiD3991

sal1311

May 3, 2013
Your just to funny. Have you nothing better to do. I don't want to get thrown off the forum so I'll keep some of my choice words to myself.

Reactions: aiiee

kresk

Feb 1, 2011
Scranton

Congrats! And Enjoy!

marleyfan61

Aug 19, 2010
Surrey
To OP: Congrats on getting a great phone. I really would suggest unlocking and rooting to get the most out of the phone tho. Xposed + GravityBox really make the phone even better. With those you don't even need to go the custom ROM route.

To the people being DICKS in this thread: Really? Get a life.

Reactions: GriffenD and aiiee

hormosapiens

Oct 14, 2011
Coming from S3 att with AOKP. I love everything except lose buttons and smaller grill mic and speaker. reading reading reading now before unlock/install/root.

I am not familiar with Xposed. should I go with roms or Xposed. I want my phone to be fast and just work.

KiD3991

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Dec 21, 2012
Sorry for my harsh and inapropriate response on your post, had a difficult day and shouldn`t have reacted like this :eek: My apologies.

What now? :p
I actually wanted to thank you for this though. I didn't know about the flagging issue until you mentioned about it. :highfive:
No worries, no harm done! Its always a good time for beer(or whiskey) !

corythug

Aug 2, 2011
PA
Welcome to the club! I've owned a ton of handsets in the past few years and this is the only one I haven't rooted in the first week because it just works so beautifully as is. Haven't had one issue (other then loose power button, can't win em all). I get the itch to root and fiddle now and then but then I can't bring myself to do it as its just perfect for me as is. I'm sure eventually the modder in me will win out and I'll tinker with it to all hell and back, but for now, just enjoying the ride.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Simonna

Apr 8, 2013
Finally I got this amazing phone today,and I'm really glad to join to the Nexus world. :):fingers-crossed:

_MetalHead_

Jun 30, 2010
Portland
Coming from S3 att with AOKP. I love everything except lose buttons and smaller grill mic and speaker. reading reading reading now before unlock/install/root.

I am not familiar with Xposed. should I go with roms or Xposed. I want my phone to be fast and just work.

I'd definitely play around with Xposed before flashing a ROM. At least for me it has completely eliminated the need to flash any custom ROMs. I am stock rooted + Xposed on all 3 of my Android devices and I wouldn't have it any other way. GravityBox is the first module you should try, as it has a TON of features. You get the benefits of staying stock (stability, bug free) but get to add whatever features you want to your stock ROM. I can't stress how awesome Xposed is, and it really was a game changer for me.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Awesome thread! Can't wait to read about your next small step in life.

good day.
    This is hands down the phone I've been waiting for!

Its normal to receive the Nexus 5 when you order a Nexus 5. Its not a lottery ;)

I'd be really annoyed if I was waiting for a nexus 5 and something else arrived

+1 for dt-910

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Sorry for my harsh and inapropriate response on your post, had a difficult day and shouldn`t have reacted like this :eek: My apologies.
    To OP: Congrats on getting a great phone. I really would suggest unlocking and rooting to get the most out of the phone tho. Xposed + GravityBox really make the phone even better. With those you don't even need to go the custom ROM route.

To the people being DICKS in this thread: Really? Get a life.