Battery Drain Issues with AOSP ROMS

Search This thread

Joecascio2000

So I have been having some issues for several months now. The problem is that if I am on any ROM other than a Stock LG Rom, I get very bad battery drain. Under Battery Usage, Android OS is at the very top with a large Keep Awake Time. Under BetterBatteryStats, mmc1_detect is at the very top for kernel wakelocks. How can I fix this? Is anyone else experiencing this?

What I have done so far:
1) LGNPST'd to Stock and tried Offical CM11 without restoring anything. (I also reformatted the whole internal sd card). Issue still present.
2) Tried several other ROMs (SlimKat, PSX, Carbom) all with a completely clean install. The issue is present on all.
3) Tried Stock ROMs (EG8, SlickV5) The issue goes away.
4) Formatted external sd, just in case. Still present.
5) Ran the phone on stock AOSP (not installing any apps/changing settings). Still present.

Well I'm at a loss of what to try next. I have google'd around and found little info on the mmc1_detect wakelock. Some suggest it is a bad internal sd card, however I have tested it and it seems to be in good condition.

Please shed some light on this issue. Thanks.

Last edited:

Ace42

Jul 20, 2009
USA
Moto G Power
Motorola Edge
Try another gapps package, preferably banks. I don't have the android issue anymore on vanir, some earlier nightlies would have the issue every now and then. Also check if you have stuff like sync and gps on.

Sent with Virtue

Joecascio2000

Try another gapps package, preferably banks. I don't have the android issue anymore on vanir, some earlier nightlies would have the issue every now and then. Also check if you have stuff like sync and gps on.

Sent with Virtue

For each different AOSP ROM I used a different recommended GAPPS. I've tried the PA gapps, banks minimal, CM Gapps, and Slim Gapps. Issue still persists. I keep sync on but selectively uncheck things. GPS is always off for me and so is Google reporting. On stock ROMs I get incredible good battery life with about the same settings/setup.

kpac

Feb 14, 2014
For each different AOSP ROM I used a different recommended GAPPS. I've tried the PA gapps, banks minimal, CM Gapps, and Slim Gapps. Issue still persists. I keep sync on but selectively uncheck things. GPS is always off for me and so is Google reporting. On stock ROMs I get incredible good battery life with about the same settings/setup.

I'm actually a super amateur when it comes to android phones, and this is actually my first post here, so pardon the noobness. :eek: Dared to post anyway as you have specifically mentioned Android OS battery usage.

Let me just post my experience with the only custom ROM I've used so far on my LG OG.

Initially flashed the phone with: Vanir AOSP + gapps - exact version numbers added below, had found the links here. My Android OS usage was around 80+ % always - phone would be out of juice in no time, without much screen activity, let alone WiFi / mobile data.

• 2-11_GApps_Standard_4.4.2_signed
  • vanir_geeb_4.4.2.021314

Based on some of the recommendations in the same thread, flashed just the kernel to xboxfanj kernel b17 about 3 days ago. OS usage per battery status has always been less than 10% now - drastic change after flashing the kernel. Maybe you can give the exact same combination a try? Adding a couple of screenshots for reference.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-02-18-13-38-19.png
    Screenshot_2014-02-18-13-38-19.png
    170.5 KB · Views: 262
  • Screenshot_2014-02-18-13-48-09.png
    Screenshot_2014-02-18-13-48-09.png
    159.5 KB · Views: 242

pedro311

Mar 22, 2014
IMO, it is not (sd)card related issue.
In my case it is directly related to the wifi - had to change keep wifi on during sleep to "never" in settings.
That only helped...

dante501

Apr 8, 2010
Barron
I am using this rom a stock kitkat rom and have no issues and decent battery life on every other kitkat rom not lg stock i have horrible battery life. And not to mention limited functions like no smart screen or qslide for example. Try a stock lg kitkat rom. Like this one

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2771440

[ROM][E970/E971/E973]LG Official Kitkat 4.4.2[stock]

And here is a picture of my usage and the only thing using my battery is google search what i have turned off most of the time.

Sent from my LG-F180K using XDA Free mobile app

Attachments

• 1407239336248.jpg
    1407239336248.jpg
    57.9 KB · Views: 77