SD card write enable

Search This thread

REHolt218

Mar 31, 2011
My NP is fully stock not rooted. I have a 64gb SD Card installed. I am able to copy files to it and some programs will use it to store data. The problem is when I try to change my email attachment download directory to the external SD card I get "This folder doesn't allow the creation of new files."

Is there any way to fix this?

Sent from my SM-P900 using Tapatalk

prohackerbro

Aug 26, 2013
Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra
What do you use? Gmail, the stock email app or any other? Try with another app, or copy the files to the internal storage and then attach them but sorry I've never had this problem...

Sent from my SM-P900 using XDA Free mobile app

REHolt218

Mar 31, 2011
What do you use? Gmail, the stock email app or any other? Try with another app, or copy the files to the internal storage and then attach them but sorry I've never had this problem...

Sent from my SM-P900 using XDA Free mobile app

I use Aqua Mail. I suspect it is an app issue. I sent a message to the developer, maybe they can help.

Thank!

minionhunter

Aug 6, 2013
My NP is fully stock not rooted. I have a 64gb SD Card installed. I am able to copy files to it and some programs will use it to store data. The problem is when I try to change my email attachment download directory to the external SD card I get "This folder doesn't allow the creation of new files."

Is there any way to fix this?

Use the free SD fox app on the play store which you must be rooted to use. This is a known problem. Think I've read the update foxes it though.

REHolt218

Mar 31, 2011
Use the free SD fox app on the play store which you must be rooted to use. This is a known problem. Think I've read the update foxes it though.

I'm running the latest stock update, so it did not fix it.

Not sure I want to root my device right now since since I use it for work with an enterprise system.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

wmarcin

Jan 13, 2010
I'm running the latest stock update, so it did not fix it.

Not sure I want to root my device right now since since I use it for work with an enterprise system.

No root == no go. It's a known KitKat issue, that can only be fixed if you're rooted.

... Moto X VZW DE ...

wmarcin

Jan 13, 2010
That's strange: some apps work fine.

BTW, I didn't do the latest update (I'm rooted, and it didn't seem worthwhile to have to re-root). Maybe the update fixed this problem, but not completely? Just speculating.

SDfix from Play Store fixed it for me (root required).

... Moto X VZW DE ...