HTC Dinc2 random music starting issue.

Search This thread

Macguyver

Mar 9, 2011
So today I loaded SkyRaider for the first time after reading how nice smooth and stable it is. I then loaded drellisdee's #21 sense kernel. OC'd to 1305 with the smartassv2 governor.

Seemed to be running great till tonight when my daughter was watching netflix with headphones plugged in and the music player just starts on its own and starts playing. The voice dialer also opens up and starts trying to run.

Is this a kernel issue or has anybody ever experienced this on SkyRaider before?

From my SkyRaided Inc2

Last edited:

jakob95

Sep 14, 2011
NYC
Definitely not a kernal issue, I have been running Skyraider for the past 4 months already with the stock kernal and experience the same issue. I now moved to Dres and the issue hasn't fixed so its the ROM. No way to fix it unless you plug out the earphones and plug them back in.

Macguyver

Mar 9, 2011
Definitely not a kernal issue, I have been running Skyraider for the past 4 months already with the stock kernal and experience the same issue. I now moved to Dres and the issue hasn't fixed so its the ROM. No way to fix it unless you plug out the earphones and plug them back in.

So if you unplug and plug again it stops?

From my SkyRaided Inc2

Inc-Roid

Apr 24, 2011
The same thing happens to me when I try to listen to music through the auxiliary port in my car. I think it's an HTC bug because I've had the same problem on skyraider and nitsuj's sense M

Sent from my ADR6350 using XDA

Macguyver

Mar 9, 2011
The same thing happens to me when I try to listen to music through the auxiliary port in my car. I think it's an HTC bug because I've had the same problem on skyraider and nitsuj's sense M

Sent from my ADR6350 using XDA

Could be, however I've only had this phone for a week and a half but stock it didn't do it nor did it do it on MikRunny that I ran for 3-4 days.

However the damn SD card wouldn't mount to the comp when plugged in on MikRunny so that was a deal breaker for me (and Hulu wouldn't work for me either, does on Skyraider though).

Anyway, thanks guys.

From my SkyRaided Inc2

Macguyver

Mar 9, 2011
Update, I went back to Incredible HD rls 1.1, had the same issue. Did some research, it is indeed an HTC issue, apparently the Thunderbolt, Desire and others have this same issue. Found a solution that so far after 30 minutes of netflix with headphones plugged in seems to be working (voice dialer and/or music app would start within 10-15 minutes usually) There's an app called "Headset Blocker" in the market. Its free, has a widget even to turn it on and off. Blocks the phone from thinking there is a a button being pressed on the headset apparently. I recomment downloading it and trying it out.

knipp21

May 23, 2010
FT Riley BIG RED ONE
Could be, however I've only had this phone for a week and a half but stock it didn't do it nor did it do it on MikRunny that I ran for 3-4 days.

However the damn SD card wouldn't mount to the comp when plugged in on MikRunny so that was a deal breaker for me (and Hulu wouldn't work for me either, does on Skyraider though).

Anyway, thanks guys.

From my SkyRaided Inc2

I have a fix to make Hulu work on any device. And did you try the dres kernel? I can't remember but someone's kernel fixed that issue.

Macguyver

Mar 9, 2011
I have a fix to make Hulu work on any device. And did you try the dres kernel? I can't remember but someone's kernel fixed that issue.

I did try the dres kernel which is what I was running when it started. However think I fixed it, found the "headset blocker" app (see above post).

A for hulu, the problem is adfree blocking the ads, soon as I reverted the hosts file and uninstalled hulu and crackle worked fine. However if you have a way to run adfree and hulu I'm all ears, er eyes lol. Thanks.

From my Inc2 running Inc2 HD

Macguyver

Mar 9, 2011
One last update, been running the "Headset Blocker" app for almost a week, works like a charm.