LCD Mura

Search This thread

rcca

Apr 23, 2012
Fremont
mura

Yes had two such areas on my TF201. Had the screen replaced under warranty.
Hi guys, new here. I hang out in the Transformer forums too, I read a lot here, you guys ROCK TOO!
I have 2 small white spots, lower right above notification bar, it does not bother too much, put not right, will they get worse? Someone in the TF forums said the ASUS said he has too pay for it to get it fixed, he had it 8 months, I had mine since Jan. 9 2012, I wonder if I would have too pay ? I read some not to good support on this problem.
Mine is the TF Prime 32GB, love it , also have some light bleed, maybe ASUS can kill 2 birds with on stone.
My tablet says in the Dock 98.9% of the time, have no kids too miss handle it, or apply pressure to screen.
I may call Asus latter.
rcca

Last edited:

Seraphious

Apr 23, 2012
I had a soot on my BCO transformer good thing it was under my GeekSquad Blacktie protection because I waited a lil while and it still didn't go away btw it was on the notification bar right by the lock notification button. Now I have the C3O with no problems so far

slap88

Dec 13, 2009
New York
I have noticed two spots on my screen as well, but hearing all of the RMA problems I don't know if I want to be without my tablet for so long

dgjl

Jan 9, 2012
Well, mine's gone today - off to Czechoslovakia (I mean the Czech Republic, or course, ehem...); Slapanice of all places. Let's see how long it takes for them to turn it around.

Last edited:

xxbeanxx

Sep 19, 2010
Conception Bay South
I've checked my prime over a few times since I got it and have had no mura until today. :-(
So I have one dead pixel and now a mura. Bleh.
Not sure if I should send it in for repair or not.

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Tapatalk 2

deadwolfbones

Nov 1, 2010
Boston, MA
I have two of these bright white spots on mine. It's something I wouldn't mind living with, but I'm afraid it'd take a big bite out of the resale value if I choose to sell it down the road, so I guess it's going in for RMA.

:rolleyes:

Lord_Possum

Nov 27, 2011
Here in Europe, after 2 month waiting for a replacement screen, they stated it was no repairable. So, I had a full refund. If someone in Europe has this problem, I think it'll be the same story.
Now, I'm without Prime, forever, I think :(

dgjl

Jan 9, 2012
Here in Europe, after 2 month waiting for a replacement screen, they stated it was no repairable. So, I had a full refund. If someone in Europe has this problem, I think it'll be the same story.
Now, I'm without Prime, forever, I think :(
That's not good news - mine reached the Czech service centre day before yesterday...

micaman

Jul 15, 2005
Had a mura spot develop today. Damm, and I thought I was at least in the clear with this issue. I could live with a little screen bleed but this?....no way. It seems my eyes are constantly drawn to this white spot.

rcca

Apr 23, 2012
Fremont
Had a mura spot develop today. Damm, and I thought I was at least in the clear with this issue. I could live with a little screen bleed but this?....no way. It seems my eyes are constantly drawn to this white spot.
I can live with mine so far, 2 spots vertical one above the other, just above notification.
Bummer is right, same as you, even on the screen bleed too.
rcca

xxbeanxx

Sep 19, 2010
Conception Bay South
My dead pixel area now has what looks like spider legs radiating from it (only short, maybe 3-4 mm long) and my number of mura spots has grown from one to 5.

It seems like my LCD is slowly dying. I contacted Asus today and am waiting reply.

Reactions: rcca

Esenthel

May 9, 2012
www.esenthel.com
After having the Prime for few months, some days ago I got the mura defect too, it's most noticable on grey background. Located on the center of the screen. Is there any chance it will go away or I need to live with it?
If more of them appear, definitely will need to contact repair service, ask for replacement.

thenrz

Dec 9, 2010
Shoot. Just noticed two spots while on Tapatalk... Greeeaaaaat. Was in the process of deleting apps i don't use before a wipe and an unlock. Not now, I won't. The spots are small, along right side, one below and slightly left of the other. Not noticeable at all unless the background is grey, but still enough to make me worry. Still have 7 months of warranty...

dgjl

Jan 9, 2012
Has any one else noticed that in the Warranty information given in the box with the Prime, Asus seems to have expected mura, or something like it, to occur? There's a whole passage on LCD defects and what they will and won't cover, including the number of spots, the background they appear against, and their proximity to each other. It looks like they knowingly shipped cr*p!

Reactions: rcca

dgjl

Jan 9, 2012
Asus Europe replaced the screen - exactly 21 days from initializing the RMA to the slate back in my hands. All well so far - they did to a hard reset of the prime, though, so I lost all my data...luckily I'd backed up everything important.

jiffy1080

Apr 14, 2012
I'm on a boat
Oddly I have "LCD Mura" in two spots on my prime. At first one was very noticible and the other wasn't so bad. A couple of days ago I noticed I wasn't seeing them anymore and flipped on a pure white screen to find that they have regressed to nothing more than unnoticable specks. Before anyone asks...Yes I really have screen Mura and yes it is still slightly there but now it is very unnoticable. I'll report back if it dissappears totally but hopefully this provides some hope for those of you (like me) that are unlocked and don't want to pay for ASUS to fix it.

Sent from my Unlocked Transformer Prime

nyijedi

Jul 5, 2008
Long Island, NY
Looks like another small mura spot has formed on my Prime next to my original spot. They're near the center of the screen and kind of annoying, but I'm terrified of RMA'ing my tablet in light of all the other RMA nightmares discussed on the boards. Has anyone else noticed more mura spots, and/or tried to RMA their prime solely for mura?

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using xda premium

garak0410

Feb 7, 2009
I've checked my prime over a few times since I got it and have had no mura until today. :-(
So I have one dead pixel and now a mura. Bleh.
Not sure if I should send it in for repair or not.

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Tapatalk 2

I sent mine in for 4-5 hot spots...took 4 weeks and a lot of PUSHING...finally told them I was going on vacation (truth) and wanted it back by then...got it within 3 days after that...

Diodato

May 11, 2011
Darn, after 5 months (BCOKAS batch) my screen developed (none present before) a dead pixel and one mura spot.
They are starting to bother me but the numerous bad RMA stories scare me even more...
If within the next month more spots develop I'm sending it for repair.

mile high

Dec 30, 2010
I have now had my 2nd screen change. They start out perfect and develop the mura after a few weeks.

We have walk in service centres here, so the repair procedure is straight forward taking 3 days.

However on this occasion it took 30 days to get the replacement screen. (kept my prime in the mean time)

I am arriving at the opinion that Hannstar make poor quality panals.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Has anyone else experienced "LCD mura" with their Primes, and if so, has the issue gotten any worse since you noticed it? LCD mura looks similar to light bleed, but not in corners of the screen. Rather, it is a small blotch/"bright spot" appearing anywhere on the screen. I have one such problem area that showed up after owning the Prime for about a month. It hasn't gotten any worse, but it's annoying on white backgrounds. I'm wondering how common of a problem this is. A Google search shows that it's a somewhat regular occurrence on cheaper LCD screens.
    Yes had two such areas on my TF201. Had the sreen replaced under warranty.
    My dead pixel area now has what looks like spider legs radiating from it (only short, maybe 3-4 mm long) and my number of mura spots has grown from one to 5.

It seems like my LCD is slowly dying. I contacted Asus today and am waiting reply.
    Has any one else noticed that in the Warranty information given in the box with the Prime, Asus seems to have expected mura, or something like it, to occur? There's a whole passage on LCD defects and what they will and won't cover, including the number of spots, the background they appear against, and their proximity to each other. It looks like they knowingly shipped cr*p!
    Have you gotten your Prime back yet? Any updates on what they said in response to the mura issue? Also, how did you initiate the RMA process?

Sorry, had too many threads to reply in about this that I forgot (aka one other lol). Anyways, prime came back within 12 days in my hands. No issues anymore that I see mura, but there might be some screen bleed after the repair. Doesn't bother me so oh well :)

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using XDA Premium HD app