[Q] Help updating HTC 802w

Search This thread

Killfenrir

Nov 24, 2013
I need your help guys. I can't apply any software updates to my HTC 802w (current version is 4.1.2) as it does not have the option in the Settings. I don't want to deal with the headaches of rooting and custom ROMS, so is there any way I can just download Android 4.2/4.3 (HTC Sense 5.5 would be a bonus) for my phone and install it via the microSD card or something? I am just looking for a simple and straightforward way to update the software for now.

hardstuffmuc

Jul 22, 2010
Munich
My understanding is that the update option is disabled in custom ROMs so people don't mess with their devices. What does your phones bootloader say? When off, press power and vol down together and hold.

Sent from my HTC One using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Reactions: Killfenrir

Killfenrir

Nov 24, 2013
My understanding is that the update option is disabled in custom ROMs so people don't mess with their devices. What does your phones bootloader say? When off, press power and vol down together and hold.

This is what it says:

***LOCKED***
M7DUG PVT SHIP S-OFF RH
CID-11111111
HBOOT - 2.23.0000
RADIO-U2.05.3501.18
OpenDSP- v28.120.274.0320
QSC - 1237.18.19.0520
OS-1.26.707.5
eMMC-boot 2048MB
May 29 2013, 13:06:9.12873

I just want to be able to install the regular 4.2.2 or 4.3 update. I am assuming I can't because I am in Saudi Arabia and my phone is Chinese, and the updates are supposed to be OTA, which is not possible here. Even so, there must be some way to just download the files from somewhere and install them manually, right?

nkk71

Inactive Recognized Developer / Contributor
May 26, 2010
Beirut
This is what it says:

***LOCKED***
M7DUG PVT SHIP S-OFF RH
CID-11111111
HBOOT - 2.23.0000
RADIO-U2.05.3501.18
QSC - 1237.18.19.0520
OS-1.26.707.5
eMMC-boot 2048MB

I just want to be able to install the regular 4.2.2 or 4.3 update. I am assuming I can't because I am in Saudi Arabia and my phone is Chinese, and the updates are supposed to be OTA, which is not possible here. Even so, there must be some way to just download the files from somewhere and install them manually, right?

don't know where or from whom you got your phone, but here's the situation you are in:
***LOCKED***
M7DUG PVT SHIP S-OFF RH <--- S-Off, only in a very few and rare situation would a phone come S-Off
CID-11111111 <--- SuperCID, somebody did that!!
M7DUG <--- that's the Dual SIM, right? so don't go messing around with M7_U and M7_UL versions, they are DIFFERENT

so to put it mildly, your phone was used by someone before you, and is not "out of the box". and you will not get any OTAs unless you're 100% stock.

Reactions: xcix and Killfenrir

Killfenrir

Nov 24, 2013
don't know where or from whom you got your phone, but here's the situation you are in:
***LOCKED***
M7DUG PVT SHIP S-OFF RH <--- S-Off, only in a very few and rare situation would a phone come S-Off
M7DUG <--- that's the Dual SIM, right? so don't go messing around with M7_U and M7_UL versions, they are DIFFERENT

so to put it mildly, your phone was used by someone before you, and is not "out of the box". and you will not get any OTAs unless you're 100% stock.

Thanks for the reply. Just a few questions:

1. What do you mean by "SuperCID"? Is it a good thing or a bad thing?
2. Yes, the phone is dual sim, and if what you said is correct, OTAs are out of the question. So if I just want to update my Android 4.1.2 to 4.2.2 (and hopefully HTC Sense as well), what are my options? What about upgrading with RUUs?
3. Yes, I got the impression that my phone was used by someone before me, as even though it has the Chinese bloatware, it does not have HTC Marketplace App or most of the Google apps but strangely has the Play Store app. Weird.
4. How can I "unlock" my phone? Or more specifically, what are the restrictions on a "locked" phone and what are the benefits of unlocking?

Last edited:

nkk71

May 26, 2010
Beirut

2. Yes, the phone is dual sim, and if what you said is correct, OTAs are out of the question. So if I just want to update my Android 4.1.2 to 4.2.2 (and hopefully HTC Sense as well), what are my options? What about upgrading with RUUs?
3. Yes, I got the impression that my phone was used by someone before me, as even though it has the Chinese bloatware, it does not have HTC Marketplace App or most of the Google apps but strangely has the Play Store app. Weird.
4. How can I "unlock" my phone? Or more specifically, what are the restrictions on a "locked" phone and what are the benefits of unlocking?

S-Off is a good thing, means you can change pretty much anything on your phone, but it also means you can brick it

I have no idea about the dual sim, so you're going to have to do some searching. I don't know if there are any RUUs out there for "M7DUG", but I think Maximus has a custom ROM for the dual sim,
whatever you do, make sure it's compatible with your device "M7DUG"!!!

Killfenrir

Nov 24, 2013
S-Off is a good thing, means you can change pretty much anything on your phone, but it also means you can brick it

I have no idea about the dual sim, so you're going to have to do some searching. I don't know if there are any RUUs out there for "M7DUG", but I think Maximus has a custom ROM for the dual sim,

I found this post with a collection of RUUs:

http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=43177948&postcount=369

Looks like the right ones. So, if I want to update from Android 4.1.2 to Android 4.2.2 these RUUs, how do I do so (I mean, what is the procedure)? And will the update require me to wipe all of my data or can I keep my data and settings?

Also, what does "locked" real mean for my device and how can I "unlock" my phone?

Last edited:

nkk71

May 26, 2010
Beirut

Looks like the right ones. So, if I want to update from Android 4.1.2 to Android 4.2.2 these RUUs, how do I do so (I mean, what is the procedure)? And will the update require me to wipe all of my data or can I keep my data and settings?

Also, how can I "unlock" my phone?

Good find :good:

I'll look into it tomorrow, have to sign off for tonight.

and yes, it will wipe EVERYTHING off your phone, so back everything up tonight, and I'll get back to you tomorrow, if nobody else answers you

have a good night

nkk71

May 26, 2010
Beirut

Also, what does "locked" real mean for my device and how can I "unlock" my phone?

before going on, i need to check a couple of things:

1) a screenshot of Settings -> About -> Software information
2) a screenshot of Settings -> About -> Software information -> More
3) in bootloader/FASTBOOT USB: a "fastboot getvar all" (remove IMEI and serialno)
4) download CIDGetter from Play Store, and tell me which CID it gives you.

shoyeb1351

Nov 30, 2013
please please help

I have brought one HTC one 802w from china. After installing some program it is restarting continuously

Then i tried to install the viper one 3.5 but not my phone is stuch in the unicom logo and cannot install the viperone 3.5. i donot have backup.

the error log is as under.

AROMA INSTALLER version 2.70B6
(c) 2013 by amarullz xda-developers

ROM Name : ViperOne
ROM Version : 3.5.0
ROM Author : Team Venom
Device : HTC One
Start at : Sat Dec 7 15:24:57 2013

===========================================
ViperOne 3.5.0 By Team Venom
Be patient - 1st boot may take a while
===========================================
emmc_umount_partition: umount /cache failed
Extracting tools
Installing Venom Tools
Extracting Build Tools
about to run program [/sbin/busybox] with 3 args
Extract: /temp/fsck.ext4
Extract: /temp/mkfs.ext4
Extract: /temp/tune2fs.ext4
Setting permissions
set_perm: chown of /sdcard/Venom/Tools/VenomCheck.sh to 0 0 failed: No such file or directory
set_perm: chmod of /sdcard/Venom/Tools/VenomCheck.sh to 777 failed: No such file or directory
script aborted: set_perm: some changes failed
set_perm: some changes failed

Installer Error (Status 7)

End at : Sat Dec 7 15:25:00 2013

xcix

Apr 5, 2014
similar problem

before going on, i need to check a couple of things:

1) a screenshot of Settings -> About -> Software information
2) a screenshot of Settings -> About -> Software information -> More
3) in bootloader/FASTBOOT USB: a "fastboot getvar all" (remove IMEI and serialno)
4) download CIDGetter from Play Store, and tell me which CID it gives you.

i have the similar problem, although mine say s-on
*****UNLOCKED******
M7CDUG PVT SHIP S-ON RH
HBOOT-2.23.0000
RADIO-U2.05.3501.18

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This is what it says:

***LOCKED***
    M7DUG PVT SHIP S-OFF RH
    CID-11111111
    HBOOT - 2.23.0000
    RADIO-U2.05.3501.18
    QSC - 1237.18.19.0520
    OS-1.26.707.5
    eMMC-boot 2048MB

***LOCKED***

Also, how can I "unlock" my phone?

Good find :good:

I'll look into it tomorrow, have to sign off for tonight.

and yes, it will wipe EVERYTHING off your phone, so back everything up tonight, and I'll get back to you tomorrow, if nobody else answers you

have a good night