is there temproot method for sunhine s-off?

Search This thread

jcase

Retired Forum Mod / Senior Recognized Developer
Feb 20, 2010
Raleigh NC
It worked perfectly, thanks for your reply mate! What is the best recovery to flash and what is the best way to flash it for the first time adb?

I can't endorse any custom recovery, I don't use them. TWRP seems popular, flashing it with fastboot is probably best but anyway should work if you are s-off.

Reactions: RENEGAD3

BerndM14

Apr 8, 2014
It worked perfectly, thanks for your reply mate! What is the best recovery to flash and what is the best way to flash it for the first time adb?

Forum doesn't really allows "comparisons" like this seeing as both developers spent a lot of time and effort to bring a good product that does its job.

TWRP is pretty straight forward however it doesn't seem to create stock backup of the stock recovery.
CWM can create nandroid backup of stock recovery though.

If you're S-OFF it's easy enough to decide for yourself though, flash the one try it out. Then flash the other one and try it out, keep the one you like best.

I personally still use Stock recovery. I only boot into custom recovery to reflash SuperSU after OTA takes root away, other than that I don't need any custom recovery. Don't flash roms nothing...

But like with the ROMs itself, try them all. Like the saying goes. Test all things; hold fast that which is good. ;)

RENEGAD3

Feb 12, 2012
North East, UK
Forum doesn't really allows "comparisons" like this seeing as both developers spent a lot of time and effort to bring a good product that does its job.

TWRP is pretty straight forward however it doesn't seem to create stock backup of the stock recovery.
CWM can create nandroid backup of stock recovery though.

If you're S-OFF it's easy enough to decide for yourself though, flash the one try it out. Then flash the other one and try it out, keep the one you like best.

I personally still use Stock recovery. I only boot into custom recovery to reflash SuperSU after OTA takes root away, other than that I don't need any custom recovery. Don't flash roms nothing...

But like with the ROMs itself, try them all. Like the saying goes. Test all things; hold fast that which is good. ;)

Can supersu not be flashed in stock recovery? this is pretty much all i need to be honest. however i use the barclays mobile banking app and it checks for root at launch.... only thing puttin me off haha

BerndM14

Apr 8, 2014
Can supersu not be flashed in stock recovery? this is pretty much all i need to be honest. however i use the barclays mobile banking app and it checks for root at launch.... only thing puttin me off haha

No, but you don't need to flash custom recovery to flash SuperSU either. You can just boot it, fastboot boot customrecovery.img then flash SuperSU like you'd normally do.

Yeah the barclays app is a pain in the behind :mad: Seems like modules such as rootcloak in the xposed framework works only as a hit and miss(with probably more misses than anything else) and I'm not familiar with a way to make the barclays app work good with a rooted device. Sucks

Top Liked Posts