[Q] XPERIA SP C5303 Still stuck on 12.0.A.1.211

Search This thread

INKT

Jun 20, 2014
I bought a unbranded XPERIA SP two months ago and I am still stuck on Android 4.1.2 and the phone has the build number 12.0.A.1.211

Using the OTA and desktop update I keep on getting that my phone is up to date.

I looked up the customization number with *#*#7378423#*#* > 'Service info' > 'Software info' > 'Customization Version') and it is 1273-0043_R2A
Using XperiaUpdateChecker.exe and Google I cannot find anything about the customization number.

Based on advice from some users I rootded the phone and changed the Customization Version and still did not get the update.

How do I upgrade to the latest Android 4.3 version?

Nanostray

Oct 30, 2012
I bought a unbranded XPERIA SP two months ago and I am still stuck on Android 4.1.2 and the phone has the build number 12.0.A.1.211

Using the OTA and desktop update I keep on getting that my phone is up to date.

I looked up the customization number with *#*#7378423#*#* > 'Service info' > 'Software info' > 'Customization Version') and it is 1273-0043_R2A
Using XperiaUpdateChecker.exe and Google I cannot find anything about the customization number.

Based on advice from some users I rootded the phone and changed the Customization Version and still did not get the update.

How do I upgrade to the latest Android 4.3 version?
Flash 4.3 firmware with flashtool (see development threads)

INKT

Jun 20, 2014

Thank you. This was helpful. I am now using the latest firmware and Android 4.3.

Unfortunatly I made a backup using Sony PC Companion and it does no longer allow me to restore all my files. So I have lost everything except pictures and the things Google saves, like contacts.!

For anyone reading this and want to update. Please do not use Sony PCC as a backup tool! Find some other way.

Last edited:

penn.gwyn

Jun 12, 2014
Thank you. This was helpful. I am now using the latest firmware and Android 4.3.

Unfortunatly I made a backup using Sony PC Companion and it does no longer allow me to restore all my files. So I have lost everything except pictures and the things Google saves, like contacts.!

For anyone reading this and want to update. Please do not use Sony PCC as a backup tool! Find some other way.

I had exactly the same problem. I used this guide to retrieve my data from the PCC backup:
http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=40593906&postcount=3

The procedure is quite tedious, because you have to basically extract one app at a time from the backup. But it works.

Top Liked Posts