[Q] Spb Finance / Entry getting Can not initialize main dialog! error - any fix?

Search This thread

Sopis

Jan 20, 2009
Hey there

I just installed Spb Finance on my blackstone with duttys R14 and when I open the spb finance entry app (already modified for my resolution with the dskin file) it shows error: Can not initialize main dialog!

Does anyone else encounter this?
Is there a way to fix that?

Thanks

R

regrebnesor

I also have the problem...

... my machine is a HTC Diamond 2 with a newly loaded Win 6.5 ROM. Before SPB Finance was running without problems. Has somebody any idea? Thanks!

Alanjp3

Jun 23, 2008
Known problem in WVGA devices, not just 6.5! You need to search the SPB main site and download a new skin for this finance entry sub-program. This may be in the "Sticky" section of the Pocket Finance forum. Hope this helps.

Alan

apy

Dec 30, 2008
Folks, I have been using SPB Finance v2.8.0 fine up to Dutty's Leo R4, which runs on wm6.5. It also ran fine with 6.1 stock and various cooked roms. Never had the problem you've mentioned.

Druidman

Aug 18, 2006
I've already tried everything, but without any success - same error msg. I use XTROM GridLeo 1.8.1. Before that, I've had the original WM6.1 rom and after fixing d_skin file it did work. But now, it doesn't.

atomic2mod

Nov 16, 2007
While the skin worked with my Sprint HTC Touch Pro2 on the WM6.1 Rom, it does NOT work on the WM6.5 ROM.

SPB does not support this product any more.

Has anyone here got a solution on how to run this on a 6.5 ROM?

Thanks folks!!

Sopis

Jan 20, 2009
try winmoFinance....very simple app, gives you what you need...
I changed to that and am OK for the basic money in my pocket tracking

atomic2mod

Nov 16, 2007
same problem for me too so i changed for Inesoft Cash Organizer.

Yes, that's what I'm using now as well. Works great, though I have one little gripe: In order to see my balances through the today plugin: does anyone know what the shortcut / command parameter to that is? It's so much faster than to have to open the whole program to see the balance.

Another thing: With Cash Organizer I seem to have to buy the program each time I change devices. Is that normal, or am I doing something wrong?

Tried other options too, like WinMoFinance - but it doesn't do what I need it to do. I need to sync 2 PPCs with MSMoney, and the Quick Entry screen is a must by now.

Thanks to all who keep looking!

sarmitag1

Jul 30, 2008
spbFinance seems to work, sort of

Facing similar problems in upgrading to HD2, I enquired of spb and got this helpful answer that might be of use to others:

"Unfortunately SPB Finance has not been updated for several years, and currently I am not able to promise that it will be updated soon.

SPB Finance does not fully support recent Windows Phones, like HTC HD2. The main application will basically work, but the additional one SPB Finance Entry will not."

I haven't ever used the SPB Finance Entry route, so I stand a chance of getting the main program to work, especially if using a DAgi stylus.

The Cash Organiser program generates a Product ID number that is keyed to the PDA, probably not the Owner Name as lot of product ids do (in which case it would be portable if you use the same owner name) ore likely the PDA UUID in which case it is a new Reg Key for each PDA. That makes it pretty difficult when it comes to upgrading machines so I give software with that kind of protection a miss.

atomic2mod

Nov 16, 2007
Yup, Inesoft's Cash Organizer is out for us too.

- I change devices often (also have my weekend diamond), and I would have to write in and have them send me a new key each time I change my device. A no go for me.

-the program has at times trouble syncing and when it sees conflicts, just creates a fictitious account on the pda. And even when I erase the account, is keeps it in it's guts and recreates it each time I try to sync again.

Thank you much for posting your correspondence with spb.