[MODULE] Detach3 - Detach Market Links

Search This thread

sunanulh

Jan 1, 2012
Surabaya
Just remove the comments from those two as well as the other theme apps you flash.
Here's an example, theme ready apps, calendar and keep will be detached.
Thanks, I did it before but the calendar is still in the update list. Then I went to the system/app/ and I saw that the name of my calendar is CalendarGooglePrebuilt, then I added a line and type Calendar Google Prebuilt and flash the zip again and it works!
May this will help someone :)

hinxnz

Jul 21, 2009
I have tried installing your script... And no matter how I go about... I cannot get the script to populate the su.d directory like it should...

And... Since I don't understand your flashable... I can't pull what I want out of it...

Could you explain how to install said script without recovery?

Thanks
The script is located at /system/su.d/99-detach.sh or /system/etc/init.d/99-detach.sh
What do you mean by not populating? You need to flash mod again after editing detach.txt

Thanks, I did it before but the calendar is still in the update list. Then I went to the system/app/ and I saw that the name of my calendar is CalendarGooglePrebuilt, then I added a line and type Calendar Google Prebuilt and flash the zip again and it works!
May this will help someone :)
After editing the txt file, you need to flash the mod again so it can detach them.
Adding your own entries into the detach.txt file won't do anything.

rignfool

Dec 8, 2010
The Poconos
The script is located at /system/su.d/99-detach.sh or /system/etc/init.d/99-detach.sh
What do you mean by not populating? You need to flash mod again after editing detach.txt

After editing the txt file, you need to flash the mod again so it can detach them.
Adding your own entries into the detach.txt file won't do anything.
So it does not work on a systemless install?

I am using Magisk... So I think I need to run it manual...
My su.d directory is in the su partition... Which I think is in my magisk partition...

hinxnz

Jul 21, 2009
So it does not work on a systemless install?

I am using Magisk... So I think I need to run it manual...
My su.d directory is in the su partition... Which I think is in my magisk partition...

It works with systemless supersu installed, you should still have /system/su.d, have a look.
You should have both su.d directories, I did when I tested systemless su, I haven't tried magisk yet.

JaylanPHNX

Nov 16, 2010
Unfortunately, this just hasn't worked for me. In fact, it's made things worse: even though I have my theme ready apps set to not auto update, I'm no longer prompted to allow or skip updating if I click Update All on the My Apps screen. I now have to quickly click each app and stop them from updating. (6p, PNMod, SuperSU)

From my Tab Pro 8.4

hinxnz

Jul 21, 2009
Unfortunately, this just hasn't worked for me. In fact, it's made things worse: even though I have my theme ready apps set to not auto update, I'm no longer prompted to allow or skip updating if I click Update All on the My Apps screen. I now have to quickly click each app and stop them from updating. (6p, PNMod, SuperSU)

From my Tab Pro 8.4
It must be how you have configured playstore (auto-update) beforehand, I'll look into that later when I have some time.
For now you could remove mod by renaming detach.txt to detach.remove on sdcard, flash detach.zip, reboot into android, wipe data for playstore and then open playstore and the 'my apps & games' section, then reboot into recovery and flash mod again, it will then work as intended.

Reactions: JaylanPHNX

JaylanPHNX

Nov 16, 2010
It must be how you have configured playstore (auto-update) beforehand, I'll look into that later when I have some time.
For now you could remove mod by renaming detach.txt to detach.remove on sdcard, flash detach.zip, reboot into android, wipe data for playstore and then open playstore and the 'my apps & games' section, then reboot into recovery and flash mod again, it will then work as intended.
I'll give that a try. Thanks.

From my Tab Pro 8.4

JaylanPHNX

Nov 16, 2010
Finally got around to trying this and there doesn't seem to be any detach.txt to rename. Could I just remove the script from su.d, or is there more to it than that?

I have to 6p.

hinxnz

Jul 21, 2009
Finally got around to trying this and there doesn't seem to be any detach.txt to rename. Could I just remove the script from su.d, or is there more to it than that?

I have to 6p.
The detach.txt file is found in the OP or if you prefer just make a file on root of sdcard called detach.remove, then flash mod again. You need to do this instead of just removing the script from su.d because when removing with the mod, it also re-enables the service that the mod disables.

Reactions: JaylanPHNX

sunanulh

Jan 1, 2012
Surabaya
Hi @hinxnz, can you please add Inbox to the list?

Edit: sorry, I've just found Inbox there [emoji3]

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Detach3

Introduction

This Magisk module is for detaching apps from the Google Play Store.
    It removes your defined packages from the 'Manage apps and device" section and disables them from auto-updates.

Installation
    Flash module in Magisk Manager only.
    Not necessary to reboot after flashing this module.
    This module is designed to flash as many times as you like.
    It is configured with a *configuration file. You can create one before flashing this module to define your package(s) or the default one will be used instead, which detaches YouTube by default.
    Add your package name(s) you would like to detach to the configuration file, with each package name on a new line.
    You can add more package names to your configuration file or the default one at any time, then simply just flash module again to apply it. Again, no need to reboot or any other user interaction needed.
    Read the log that Magisk Manager displays when flashing the module, it displays the detached package(s) for confirmation.
    *Configuration file: /storage/emulated/0/Android/detach.cfg

Reattach
    https://xdaforums.com/t/module-detach3-detach-market-links.3447494/post-84951411

Scheduler
    https://xdaforums.com/t/module-detach3-detach-market-links.3447494/post-84981039

Uninstallation
    Uninstall with Magisk and reboot.

Troubleshooting
    Follow uninstallation method. After reboot open playstore, navigate to the 'Manage apps and device' section so it can populate and then re-flash the module.
    Still have an issue? Post your problem in detail and upload your Magisk installer log, found in your Download directory after saving it ( Shown here ).

Changelog
    v3.00
    - Initial release

v3.01
    - Disabled Fallback broadcast

v3.02
    - Disable auto-update for detached apps
    - Disable playstore running in background
    - Added uninstall script to revert changes

v3.03
    - Updated sqlite3 binary
    - Added support for x86 and x64

v3.04
    - Added package check for configuration file
    - Minor alterations

v3.05
    - Recompiled sqlite3 binaries
    - Improved device platform check
    - Added database check
    - Added the default detach.cfg file
    - Minor alterations

v3.06
    - Improved installer checks
    - Fixed inflating uninstall script error
    - Tidied installer script
    - Added reattach feature*
    * Comment out package name(s) in detach.cfg to reattach.

v3.07
    - Fixed minor install.sh error on Android 11
    - Improved some installer logic
    - Added scheduler feature*
    *Termux and Termux:API apks need to be installed beforehand for scheduler

v3.08
    - Fixed playstore update log error on some devices
    - Fixed script not applying package names with the same string of characters
    - Fixed minor installer check for checking packages
    - Fixed termux-api binary check
    - Disabled package checks on some devices
    - Added option to open playstore with scheduler notification
    - Added option to open configuration file with scheduler notification
    - Added option to flash module with scheduler notification

v3.10 - Note: Disable scheduler and uninstall previous version before installing this version.
    - Removed package check (Some users have had issues, reboots etc.)
    - Removed scheduler (Not needed for now)
    - Removed unnecessary coding
    - Added new method to prevent detached apps repopulating
    - Added disabling of Play store trackers
    - Other minor alterations in installer script
    - Cleaned up installer script for new method

v3.11
    - Added ignore GET_USAGE_STATS in AppOps

v3.12
    - Updated sqlite binaries
    - Removed disabling of fallback receiver
    - Added disabling of alarm manager background service

v3.13
    - Added ignore RUN_ANY_IN_BACKGROUND in AppOps
    - Added ignore RUN_IN_BACKGROUND in AppOps
    - Disabled App Discovery Service

Frequenly Asked Questions
    Q. Can I use the old detach.txt?
    A. No, I decided to ditch it. It now uses a new method explained in the installation section.

Q. Where is the boot script installed?
    A. No boot script is needed for detaching, everything is done while flashing the module.

Q. Does this break safetynet?
    A. No, it doesn't conflict with safetynet at all.

Q. Why shouldn't I re-enable Play Protect?
    A. It will interfere with the module's purpose.

Q. Will having Play Protect disabled, open me up to vulnerabilities?
    A. No, the playstore scans their market apk's after developers upload them.

Q. I usually install after-market apks (modified ones) and I think play protects me from this?
    A. You should scan your unknown apk with Total Virus.

Q. How do you find a package name?
    A. Magisk Manager lists your apps with the package name underneath each one, in the Magisk Hide list.

Q. What Magisk version is needed?
    A. The module template is designed for Magisk v20.4+

Q. Do I need to uninstall previous version before updating?
    A. No, unless stated. Just flash updated version.

Q. Do auto-updates still work for all my other apps that aren't detached?
    A. Yes, auto-update and other notifications etc still work.

Download
    See attached below -- detach-3.xx.zip

Previous versions

Detach Market Links for Theme Ready Apps *

Introduction
    This Mod is for detaching apps from the Google Play Store that are included in the Theme Ready Apps zip and/or aroma installer from Team Black Out for CMTE and Substratum theme engines.
    *Now also includes majority of all themed apps by Team Black Out by using an optional txt file.
    The purpose is that updates will not show in your update list and also in update notifications from the Google Play Store.
    This allows you to auto-update or the ability to use the update all button without the worry of updating Theme Ready Apps which will break your themes for those apps updated.
    The Google apps that are detached if you're not using the optional txt file are Gmail, Google App, Google Plus, Hangouts, YouTube and Gboard (Google Keyboard).

Installation
    Flash Mod in recovery, no need to wipe anything but if using SuperSU systemless mode or Magisk, flash this mod afterwards.
    No need to flash again in-between ROM updates if using SuperSU systemless mode or Magisk or if your ROM supports addon.d scripts.
    To detach more themed apps, place the detach.txt file either on root of your sdcard or internal storage and remove the comment from the apps you wish to detach and then flash Detach.zip
    You can also use the optional detach.txt file to just selectively detach Theme Ready Apps.
    If you don't use the supplied detach.txt file, only Theme Ready Apps will be detached.
    To add your own custom packages (apps), read here > https://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=72194332&postcount=147

Uninstallation
    Rename detach.txt on sdcard to detach.remove, flash Detach.zip again and reboot.
    This will remove all files related to installation, including the txt and custom file and restores all market links.

Note
    If not using SuperSU or Magisk, you need to have init.d support.
    The configured script doesn't execute until after 60 seconds when boot has completed, this also includes the remove script too.
    This Mod has been tested by myself on Android 6 and 7.
    You still have the ability to update your Theme Ready Apps via Google Play Store but you'll need to use the search function instead.

Changelog
    v1.0
    - Initial release
    v1.1
    - Changed detach method
    v1.2
    - Disabled service for database
    v1.3
    - Bug fixes
    v1.4
    - Added static sqlite binary
    v2.0
    - Added themed apps to detach with configuration txt file (optional)
    v2.1
    - Cleaned up installation script
    - Added mod removal option
    v2.2
    - Magisk compatible (systemless installation)
    - SuperSU systemless mode compatible (systemless installation)
    - Fixed init.d detection
    - Fixed market links reappearing
    - Updated detach.txt (added Wallpapers, Pixel Launcher, Capture (GoPro))
    v2.3
    - Updated script and detach.txt (added Gboard, Clock, Camera, Google Connectivity Services, Google VR Services, Google Play Services)
    v2.4
    - Updated script and detach.txt (added Google Carrier Services and the ability to add custom packages)
    v2.5
    - Fixed market links reappearing
    v2.6
    - Main script updated for removal process
    - Disabled code for a playstore service that no longer needs to be disabled
    - Removed Contacts, Phone and Photos from default install
    Update: Detach_v2.4.zip + detach.txt
    Updated script to include Google Carrier Services and also custom packages.

To add your own custom packages (apps) to detach from market, create a file on root of sdcard or internal storage called detach.custom with the package names you wish to detach and then flash Detach.zip
    See attachment for example (example has .txt extension to be able to upload).
    You can goto Settings > Apps > [App name] to see the package name or source it from a site such as APK Mirror.
    Update - Detach_v2.6.zip
    - Main script updated for removal process
    - Disabled code for a playstore service that no longer needs to be disabled
    - Removed Contacts, Phone and Photos from default install
    UPDATE: Detach3 v3.13
    https://xdaforums.com/t/module-detach3-detach-market-links

Changelog
    - Added ignore RUN_ANY_IN_BACKGROUND in AppOps
    - Added ignore RUN_IN_BACKGROUND in AppOps
    - Disabled App Discovery Service
    Detach v2.6 updated to working with Magisk v16.3 and higher aviable :)

https://www.mediafire.com/download/cryhbf4b35om2dx