[ROM][XXKQE]I9001 BaseRom V2 - KQE

Search This thread

Mxm78

Aug 11, 2009
Poznan Area
Hi,

It did hang three times (V2), earlier it slowed down so strongly so it became unoperational. Hard reset did the thing and it works (cleaning RAM did not help at all, also - killing app's and/or processes in manager also had no impact - it was still running soooo sloooow).

Martin_Ro

Jan 9, 2012
Essen, Germany
OnePlus 9 Pro
Maybe an App you installed ?
I have it running for days without any lags, my wife also (and she does some gaming with it) so I really don't know this problem....

Gesendet von meinem GT-I9001 mit Tapatalk 2

Mxm78

Aug 11, 2009
Poznan Area
I'm using Biz calendar (and it's widget), APW widgets (calendar), ES Explorer, LGCamera free, Camera FV-5 free, gMail, Quick Pic and few other minor very rarely used apps. Basicaly it serves me as a phone/calendar :) Since time to time as navi.

The only thing that comes to my mind is that it may be related to some adjustments in the ROM. Then when you use other launchers and GoLocker it may cause some 'stuttering'.
Anyway - it works rather flawlessly :)

BTW - is it possible to import/adapt codecs used in old 2.3.3? I.e. of the ROM XXKI2 -> I9001XXKI2_I9001XXKI2_I9001OXAKI1_HOME.tar.md5
It's about codec's used by Samsung - the old ones are way better. This results in audio (coding) quality.
Differences are huge - especially in comparison to the codecs used on newer ROM's (starting from 2.3.4 up to current ROM's). Samsung did not want to pay licence fees, so they changed the codecs to the ones with poor quality.
There's a thread on XDA and one of polish SGS+ forums about this.
On PL forum there's a thread with above mentioned ROM - it has 'battery drain issues', but HQ codecs. The difference in A/V recording/playing is significant :)

Greetings :)

Martin_Ro

Jan 9, 2012
Essen, Germany
OnePlus 9 Pro
Yes, it could be that some other Launcher interfer with Go Locker.

Maybe you can test to deactivate Go Locker and use the stock one for testing this.

To the Codecs:
I don't know if it's possible, mainly because of possible interface changes between 2.3.3 and 2.3.6.

Im not so experienced to check this.
Maybe broodblank, crybert or some of the other pro's are more into it...

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello guys,

I would like to share my "BaseROM"-Mod with you.
    It is a custom version of XXKQE.

After initial Release (V1) was intended as a real Stock Rom with only little changes like deodexed and root, the current release (V2) is a little bit more customized.

There are still no funky and cool themes or very much additional Apps in it.
    It's more kind of a "startpoint" for others.

The Details:
    -ROM based on XXKQE
    -Deodexed
    -rooted
    -*removed in V2* clockwork Recovery V5.5.0.4
    -build.prop tweaked a little bit for battery and 3G speed
    -1% Battery mod
    -*new* zipaligned
    -*new* init.d support
    -*new* Bootanimation support
    -*new* CWM based update
    -*new* GoLauncher (TW-Launcher removed)
    -*new* GoLocker
    -*new* Removed Bloatware
    -*new* K9-Mail (Stock email removed)
    -*new* Whatsapp
    -*new* ES File Explorer

All other is stock. No special kernel (I like skykernel, vitality or Fearcore but as we can see, they all have something in common: they don't work for anybody, so I choosed KQE-Stock Kernel with init.d + bootanimation Support from crybert)

I created it for me and my wife's phone, there it run's without problems.
    So if you like it that way too, feel free to use it, if you need more, better use one of the other rom's like broodrom, Crybernation, cymod,Blazr etc.

DISCLAIMER : FLASH AT YOUR OWN RISK. I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE TO YOUR PHONE OR LOSS OF DATA

How to Install [V2]:
    -Download Zip
    -go to CWM of your choice (I testet is with acro CWM but should work with all)
    -factory reset
    -install zip
    -on first boot choose "Go Locker" as Homescreen
    -have fun

How to Install [V1]:
    -Download Zip
    -Extract it
    -Start Odin (in Zip inkluded)
    -Select included AriesVE.ops
    -Select OnePackage
    -Select KQE_MRBare_V1.tar.md5 as One-Package
    -factory reset phone
    -REMOVE EXTERNAL SD-CARD for security reason (read known bugs for further details)
    -start downloadmode (Vol Down, Homebutton and Power Button together)
    -connect phone to USB
    -Press "Start" at ODIN
    -have fun :rolleyes:

Known Bugs [V2]:
    -Please tell me !

Known Bugs [V1]:
    -At first boot it start's in Recovery and show's an Error.
    You can ignore it (and maybe do a factory reset now, if you have missed it earlied) ;)
    -There is a report, that the installation routine has formated the external SD card, so better remove it before install. After complete install it should be save to reinsert it.

Downloadlink:
    V2 :
    http://sourceforge.net/projects/baseromkqe/files/GT_I9001_KQE_BASEROM_V2.zip/download

V1 :
    http://sourceforge.net/projects/baseromkqe/files/KQE_MRBase_V1.tar.zip/download

attached eMail-app as recovery installable

credits:
    nikagl and broodplank1337 for the CWM to Odin scripts (for V1)
    crybert for KQE-Kernel with init.d and bootanimation support and some inspiration with crybernation-rom
    texen and dutch.ly for there inspiring roms
    XDA-Developers for this cool forum
    Uploaded V2

for changes look in first post :)

As allways (and with any custom rom, not only mine):

Use on your own risk. It works for me without problems, but as we see in all the custom rom threads, that must not work for everybody...
    I'm sorry to hear that there may be a bug in this installation.

But I could not tell you where this behavior may come from.
    Don't have any external SD's in the phone so I couldn't back check this.

But:
    As this is an stock kernel with a already known recovery and nothing special in it that could create such situation, I'm a bit out of answers....

But I will comment this for security reasons in the first post, to make sure that there are no more accident's like this.

To the point of CWM.
    I choosed the Odin Setup for a simple reason.
    It should be a good starting point for a stock user.
    As a user without cwm recovery etc. you have to do quite some step's to come to the point where you can install the CWM version.

With Odin Version, you do only one step: Flash with odin, that's quit simple also for beginners.

And for the Recovery itself:
    There are quite a bunch of different version out now.
    I've choosed the one that I thought would be the newest one.
    One may prefere FeaMod, some even Acro's Version (because he want's to test CM9 etc.).
    You never can make everybody happy so I don't begin to try and did the Rom my way.
    If you want to, you can use it, if not, im not angry.

Somebody here in the thead wrote, he has his base rom, it would be blaze-rom.
    I'm fine with it, use what you want. I've done this rom for me and my wife in first place, so even when nobody other want's to use it, I'm fine with it ;)
    What is the difference between KQB and KQE?I don't think it's a huge difference,but a little one like a UI change or something.

the biggest difference is that wifi seems to be fixed
    Only 98% ???? That's too low ? Where Or when did you encounter a Problem?

About launcher: That's more of individual preferences.

Gesendet von meinem GT-I9001 mit Tapatalk 2