[APP][4.1+/Win/RPi][v2.4.1] SoundSeeder - Synced Music Playback (Jan 21st)

Search This thread

jekatt

Nov 29, 2007
Dortmund
soundseeder.com
Great to see how this project has grown over the years. I like the new UI, especially the dark theme...

Is it possible to run soundseeder on my Fire TV Stick? Has anyone experience with this?

I don't have a amazon fire stick, so I can't tell you any details, sorry.
But I know that other users successfully run soundseeder on the fire tv stick. (at least the speaker-only apk).

Please keep me updated if it works or if there are any problems.

rcrh

Jun 21, 2011
I've seen mentions of windows supports but I can't find a link to the exe. Have I misread? I'd like to have my fireTV's set up as speakers and then send music from my windows laptop.
Is this possible?

Last edited:

rcrh

Jun 21, 2011
Great to see how this project has grown over the years. I like the new UI, especially the dark theme...

Is it possible to run soundseeder on my Fire TV Stick? Has anyone experience with this?
I've had success with the 2.x version of soundseeder on my firetv. You need 'MouseToggle For FireTv" for some of the controls but once you have that it seems to be working. Couple of limitations:
1) without google play services you can't upgrade to the unlimited connections version,
2) without google play services you can't access google play music.
This does hinder it a lot but hopefully the developer will try to get the app to work in the Amazon environment.

Last edited:

HubrisRev5

Oct 27, 2015
I just stumbled upon this app while doing some research into a planned diy project.

I want to convert two passive speakers into wireless active ones and then be able to stream music to them from Android Devices as well as Linux/Windows Machines.

Now the Android Part is straightforward with your app. Just integrate a raspberry pi or old android phone into both speakers and run the app or java receiver on them, start the app on the streaming Phone and stream away.

Now to the Linux/Windows Part:
Is there any way to directly stream from a Linux/Windows machine to an android phone or raspberry? The Java Application seems to be a receiver only, and the only way i found on your website is running a separate HTTP/DLNA Stream on the Windows/Linux Machine and start playback of this stream on an Android Device. If at all possible i would like to be able to cut the Android Device completely out of the mix if desired.
Would running your app via an Android Emulator be possible?

I am also interested in this concept.
My biggest issue with WIN is that trying to link multiple speakers causes lag always (known issue). This would be a solution

jekatt

Nov 29, 2007
Dortmund
soundseeder.com
Release v2.1.5

Hello friends. Here is a new soundseeder update. This time I've implemented a DLNA Media Renderer Mode.
You can now control the playback of soundseeder remotely via 3rd party dlna apps like BubbleUpnp.
And in cooperation with the app "AirAudio" soundseeder can now stream the system sound of rooted devices to your connected soundseeder speaker.
Let me know what you think about the new features.

Full changelog:
- DLNA renderer mode
- New meta data dialog
- Audio sync improved
- Shuffle/Repeat reset fixed
- OxygenOS Volume fixed
- DLNA Media Server listings fixed
- Radio Stations sorting fixed
- New rewarded ads to increase the timeout limit of the free version
And much more...

For more details check the first page of this thread.

Greets,
jens :cool:

Reactions: MrBorneo and n0j0e

n0j0e

Nice Update! I tested some low budget Multiroom Audio solutions like Apple's AirPlay, Logitech Squeeze, etc on RPi3/Kodi & old Android smartphones/Intel Nuc. Soundseeder works best. Sync like hell und resynchronize works also. THANKS Jen's. My one and only feature request is a Kodi Add-on. ;)

But AirAudio needs a Magisk template update I think:
Code:
- Copying zip to temp directory - Installing AirAudio_-_stream_your_music!-v1.zip - Mounting /system, /vendor, /data, /cache *********************************** ! /data/magisk isn't setup properly! ! Please install Magisk v14.0+! *********************************** Failed! ! Installation failed

I'm on Magisk 16.3 (also not working on 16.2) under Android 8.1.

Can I also resynchronize over DLNA Media Control? I don't think so or?
What's up with an own remote solution for the player. I'm using an old Android smartphone connected per audio cable on my AV Reciver.

Ok, I think i know now the concept behind Soundseeder. It's really weird the possibilities of this app. I can also remote a player without giving the sound content from my smartphone in my hand.

Send with much love & Android.

Last edited:

jekatt

Nov 29, 2007
Dortmund
soundseeder.com
Nice Update! I tested some low budget Multiroom Audio solutions like Apple's AirPlay, Logitech Squeeze, etc on RPi3/Kodi & old Android smartphones/Intel Nuc. Soundseeder works best. Sync like hell und resynchronize works also. THANKS Jen's. My one and only feature request is a Kodi Add-on. ;)

But AirAudio needs a Magisk template update I think:
Code:
- Copying zip to temp directory - Installing AirAudio_-_stream_your_music!-v1.zip - Mounting /system, /vendor, /data, /cache *********************************** ! /data/magisk isn't setup properly! ! Please install Magisk v14.0+! *********************************** Failed! ! Installation failed

I'm on Magisk 16.3 (also not working on 16.2) under Android 8.1.

Can I also resynchronize over DLNA Media Control? I don't think so or?
What's up with an own remote solution for the player. I'm using an old Android smartphone connected per audio cable on my AV Reciver.

Ok, I think i know now the concept behind Soundseeder. It's really weird the possibilities of this app. I can also remote a player without giving the sound content from my smartphone in my hand.

Send with much love & Android.

Thanks n0j0e!
For support for AirAudio and Magisk you should contact the developer of airaudio. I'm sure he can tell you more about this.

Would you like to use Kodi as speaker? If any one here has experience with building Kodi add ons, please let me know. Maybe there is a way to include the java speaker into kodi...?!

For now the dlna feature is limited to the standard playback controls (play, pause, next, prev, volume, ...). Remote controlling the player is on my todo list, but I need a good concept to access the media library of the player remotely, without confusing the users... :)

n0j0e

What i mean a remote function only.
I will completely remote maybe a SoundSeeder Kodi Addon in Player mode.
So i can with SoundSeeder installed on my smartphone start playing music on Kodi.
Content comes completely from Kodi!

P.S.: Yeah i know with AirAudio Magisk it is better to contact the dev from AirAudio.
But it doesnt help your SoundSeeder App and AirAudio when its completely broken on newer Magisk, i thin v.16+

MrBorneo

Nov 5, 2015
Hello jens,
thanks for the update. Great work!

I've noticed, that I can now share youtube videos and playlists to soundseeder and that the videos are available in the app and can be added to a playlist!
But, the playback fails. :(
As the feature is not mentioned anywhere I think this is not supported? Any chance to get this working?

jekatt

Nov 29, 2007
Dortmund
soundseeder.com
Yotube support is implemented, but deactivated in the public release. (Because of youtube's terms of service)
Send me a PM if you want to test the playback of youtube videos via soundseeder (audio only).

Hello jens,
thanks for the update. Great work!

I've noticed, that I can now share youtube videos and playlists to soundseeder and that the videos are available in the app and can be added to a playlist!
But, the playback fails. :(
As the feature is not mentioned anywhere I think this is not supported? Any chance to get this working?

Reactions: ssanjy and nereis

criza

Jan 2, 2014
Hi! When I stream video through an android app, can I take the audio from the app as the source for Soundseeder? I didn't see any option to do this.. but maybe I missed something?

Best Regards /c

Ernando81

May 11, 2018
Audio channel selection for each Speaker (Left/Right/Mono/Stereo)

Great app!
I bought!
Can you put more channels?
Surround right and Surround left?
To flac and ogg
It would be perfect for me!

Sorry for my terrible English! (Google Translate)

Last edited:

jekatt

Nov 29, 2007
Dortmund
soundseeder.com
Audio channel selection for each Speaker (Left/Right/Mono/Stereo)

Great app!
I bought!
Can you put more channels?
Surround right and Surround left?
To flac and ogg
It would be perfect for me!

Sorry for my terrible English! (Google Translate)

Hello Ernado, thanks for your feedback. Do you have audio file that are encoded with 5.1 surround sound channels?
At the moment soundseeder supports usual stereo audio files, so only left and right can be selected (or combined to mono / stereo).
I've personally no experience with audio tracks that use multiple audio channels yet...

MrBorneo

Nov 5, 2015
Updates

Hello friends. Here is a new soundseeder update. This time I've implemented a DLNA Media Renderer Mode.
You can now control the playback of soundseeder remotely via 3rd party dlna apps like BubbleUpnp.
And in cooperation with the app "AirAudio" soundseeder can now stream the system sound of rooted devices to your connected soundseeder speaker.
Let me know what you think about the new features.

Full changelog:
- DLNA renderer mode
- New meta data dialog
- Audio sync improved
- OxygenOS Volume fixed
And much more...

For more details check the first page of this thread.

Greets,
jens :cool:

Hey Jens,
I've noticed that you released some new updates, that aren't available here on xda...
Would you be so kind to upload the apk? I'd like to update my firetv via sideload. :eek:

jekatt

Nov 29, 2007
Dortmund
soundseeder.com
Release v2.3.3

Hey Jens,
I've noticed that you released some new updates, that aren't available here on xda...
Would you be so kind to upload the apk? I'd like to update my firetv via sideload. :eek:

Soundseeder v2.3.3 is now available for download in this thread.

This is the first version of soundseeder here on xda with "Hify" support, which brings Spotify Connect compatibility.
Check the Hify app on Google Play: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=eu.hify.trial
Via the dlna renderer mode of soundseeder you can connect it with Hify and make soundseeder available as Spotify Connect device. This way soundseeder is able to play your spotify (premium) music on multiple devices simultaneously and in sync.

The current release also brings many further improvements and bugfixes. Check the full changelog on the first site of this thread or on https://soundseeder.com.

Many thanks to XDA and to all of you for your great feedback and support in 2018.
I wish you all the best for 2019!

Jens

Reactions: J_M_V_S and n0j0e

jekatt

Nov 29, 2007
Dortmund
soundseeder.com
Looking for translators

Hello XDA community.
I'm looking for help in translating soundseeder.

Are you interessted in creating a new or improving an existing localization? Or do you know community members who can assist me?
Please leave a post, send a PM or mail me to jekapps@gmail.com if you like to help.
Every supporter will get free Google Play promo codes for the full version of soundseeder!

Greets
Jens :)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    scene_full_v2_870.jpg

Jan, 21st: SoundSeeder Music Player V2.4.1 released

This release heavily improves the app performance in speaker mode and removes several annoying bugs.
    And thanks to the awesome support of the XDA community, soundseeder is now available in 16 languages:

- Russian by @gaich
    - Hindi by @TheImpulson
    - Spanish by @J_M_V_S
    - Croatian by @dugi9991
    - Czech by @novas78
    - Persian by pouriya
    - Chinese by bshu
    - Italian by Enrico
    - Polish by skaram
    - Hungarian by Zityi
    - Indonesian by Ben
    - Slovak by Matus
    - German, with support by @Oswald Boelcke
    - English
    And not yet completed:
    - Turkish
    - French
    - Portugese

Thank you very much to all of you, espacially the translation team at https://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2069390

Would you also like to support me with a new or improved localization of SoundSeeder?
    Just let me know or check my translation tool: https://soundseeder.com/localize/
    I'm giving away free premium upgrades for your support!

Full changelog

Introduction
    SoundSeeder syncs up your music on multiple phones. All devices play your music in sync as one large sound system.
    - Connect your devices via WiFi and listen to your favourite music together with your friends.
    - Upcycle your old unused Android phones or any Windows/MacOS/Linux computer (incl Raspberry Pi) to build a wireless multiroom audio system.
    - Connect via the portable hotspot of Android or "WiFi direct" to play music simultaneously wherever you want.

SoundSeeder for Android
    • The SoundSeeder Music Player is available for phones and tablets running Android 4.1+. Use it like any other audio player or connect it as speaker to another running SoundSeeder Music Player. Note: SoundSeeder is a freemium application. You can use the free version as long as you want to. It includes ad, is limited to two connected speakers and auto-disconnects speakers every 15 minutes.
    • The SoundSeeder Speaker application adds support for old smartphones (Android v2.2 – v4.0). This is a “Speaker-Only” version of SoundSeeder and can be connected to the SoundSeeder Music Player app.
    SoundSeeder for Windows/Linux/MacOS
    • SoundSeeder Speaker for JavaSE is an application to connect any PC as speaker to the SoundSeeder Music Player Android app.
      It supports Windows, Linux and MacOS PCs and single-board computers like the Raspberry Pi.
      javaspeaker_v2.jpg

Overview
    New: In cooperation with the App "Hify" soundseeder can now be used as Spotify connect device!
    This way you can use multiple devices as speaker to play your Spotify Premium Music simultaneously.

Feature list:
    • Full featured Music Player
    • Synced music playback on multiple devices (Party mode)
    • DLNA Browser and Renderer
    • Google Play Music support
    • Spotify Connect support in cooperation with the Android app "HiFy"
    • 25.000+ radio stations included powered by Dirble.com
    • USB audio and microphone support
    • Media Library sorted by Album, Artist, Title, Folder, Genre, Playlists
    • Supported Media Formats: mp3, mp4, m4a, aac, 3gp, ogg, flac
    • Equalizer support
    • Sleep Timer
    • Autostart on boot
    • Playback of custom http streams
    • Create / delete playlists
    • Plug & Play: autodiscovery of SoundSeeder devices via Wi-Fi
    • Remote control playback and volume of all speakers
    • Portable hotspot and "WiFi direct" support (no access point or internet connection required)

USB audio support
    SoundSeeder supports the internal microphone and USB soundcards.
    You can stream music from external audio devices (like TV, CD player, …) by connecting them via the line-in (AUX) port of an USB soundcard. (Hardware support required)
    externalusb_v2-e1501705669235.jpg

All soundseeder applications are attached to this project. For more information visit https://soundseeder.com/downloads

App store links

SoundSeeder on youtube

XDA references
    - SoundSeeder on the XDA TV: http://www.xda-developers.com/andro...ic-on-with-soundseeder-apps-xda-developer-tv/
    - SoundSeeder on the XDA Portal: http://www.xda-developers.com/android/share-the-music-with-soundseeder/

XDA:DevDB Information
    SoundSeeder Synced Music Playback, App for the Apps & Games

Contributors
    jekatt, giftkugel

Version Information
    Current Stable Version: 2.4.1
    Stable Release Date: 2019-01-21

Created 2015-11-03
    Last Updated 2019-01-21
    SoundSeeder Music Player V2.0 release

Hello XDA community!

After more than a year of silent work I'm finally back and ready to release a new version of the SoundSeeder Music Player!

Soundseeder was completely redesigned and rebuilt from scratch.
    You can get the new version on Google Play and its also attached to this thread.

Here are some screenshots of the new UI:

music_sources.png
    material_design.png

night_theme.png
    online_radios_stations.png

speaker_management.png
    remote_control.png

And the changelog:
    - Completely new user interface
    - Heavily improved usability
    - Material Design
    - Day and Night Themes
    - Improved connectivity and stability
    - Android Wear support
    - Improved DLNA browser
    - Updated speaker apps for Java and Android 2.x
    And much much more...

What do you think?

cheers
    Jens
    Java Speaker / Updates / News

SoundSeeder changelogs:

v2.4.1 [21st January 2019]
    Improved speaker performance
    Stop playback on headset disconnect
    Fixed app crash on animations
    Russian translation - Credits to @gaich
    Croatian translation - Credits to @dugi9991

v2.4.0 [7th January 2019]
    Speaker connections are now more reliable
    DLNA mode stability improved
    Fixed Samsung aac codec crash
    Hindi localization added - Credits to @TheImpulson
    Spanish localization improved - Credits to @J_M_V_S
    Czech localization improved - Credits to @novas78

v2.3.3 [30th December 2018]
    Improved radio streaming
    Android Pie playback fixed
    Bugfixes

v2.3.2 [12th December 2018]
    Optimized resource loading
    UI/UX improvements
    Several bugfixes

[6th December 2018]
    v2.3.1
    New: Change Google Music audio quality (Premium feature)
    Improved auto discovery
    Full Android Pie support
    Many bug fixes
    Improved and new localizations
    EU GDPR compliance

[15th November 2018]
    v2.3.0 alpha

[26th August 2018]
    SoundSeeder V2.2.0
    New: Add your own Radio Stations to soundseeder
    New: ‘Spotify connect’ support via dlna & the 3rd party app: ‘HiFy’
    Improved playback via bluetooth speakers
    Full Oreo support
    And many further bugfixes

[27th March 2018]
    V2.1.5
    - New DLNA renderer mode
    - New meta data dialog
    - Audio sync improved
    - OxygenOS Volume fixed

[7th August 2017]
    SoundSeeder V2.0.1
    - Brand specific bugfixes (Huawei, Lenovo & Xiaomi)
    - Memory consumption reduced
    - Several minor bugs fixed
    - Change: “Record Audio” permission not required for app start anymore
    - Amazon IAP fixed for international app stores

[2nd August 2017]
    SoundSeeder V2.0 release
    - Completely new user interface
    - Heavily improved usability
    - Material Design
    - Day and Night Themes
    - Improved connectivity and stability
    - Android Wear support
    - Improved DLNA browser
    Please note: This update breaks the compatibility with SoundSeeder V1.x. Please update all your devices to the latest soundseeder version.
    - SoundSeeder Speaker for Android 2.x updated to v1.2.0
    - SoundSeeder Speaker Java Edition updated to v0.6.1

[5th June 2016]
    - SoundSeeder Speaker for Android 2.x updated to v1.1.2
    - SoundSeeder Speaker Java Edition updated to v0.5.1
    These updates improve the stability and the support for media files with variable bitrates.

[25th May 2016]
    SoundSeeder Player v1.6.4
    - ogg vbr playback improved
    - .pls playlist loading improved
    - Improved playback controls
    - 15.000+ Radio Stations
    - Several bugfixes

[18th January 2016]
    SoundSeeder Player v1.6.3
    - Google Music album track oder fixed
    - ogg support (device-dependent)
    - Several bugfixes

[30th December 2015]
    SoundSeeder Player v1.6.2
    - 10.000+ Radio Stations (credit to dirble.com)
    - dlna/upnp album track sorting improved
    - Several bugfixes

[11th November 2015]
    SoundSeeder Player v1.6.1
    - ATM chipset support ('playback failed' error fixed)
    - Playlist file encoding fixed
    - Bugfixes

[2nd November 2015]
    SoundSeeder Player v1.6.0
    - Microphone & line in (AUX) support
    - USB soundcard support (“USB host for audio” required)
    - Android M support
    - Improved connection handling
    - Google Music import fixed
    - UI and usability improved
    - Bugfixes

[29th June 2015]
    SoundSeeder Player v1.5.0
    - Google Music radio station support
    - Google Music automatic and shared playlist support
    - Google TalkBack support
    - Portuguese localization added
    - Hungarian localization added (Thanks to ZityiSoft Team)
    - Reduced storage usage
    - Improved song loading time
    - DLNA compatibility issues fixed (Logitech Media Server)
    - Several bugs fixed

[8th June 2015]
    SoundSeeder Player v1.4
    - New: Google Music support (Account and Google Play Services required)
    - Improved usability
    - Turkish localization
    - Several bugs fixed

[24th May 2015]
    SoundSeeder Player v1.3.1 and Speaker v1.1.1
    - New: Auto re-sync speaker (see settings)
    - Improved buffering and connection stability
    - Reduced memory usage

[17th May 2015]
    SoundSeeder Player v1.3.0 and Speaker v1.1.0
    - New: Autostart speaker on device boot
    - New: Autopause player when last speaker disconnects
    - Dirble Radio API updated
    - Minor bugfixes and improvements (connectivity and dlna support)

[28th April 2015]
    SoundSeeder Player v1.2.2
    - Dirble api updated to v2
    - Minor bugfixes

[15th April 2015]
    SoundSeeder Player v1.2.1
    - New: Sort current playlist by artist, title, filename, ...
    - Minor bugfixes

[9th April 2015]
    SoundSeeder Player v1.2.0
    - New: Sleep timer
    - Several crash bugs fixed

[4th April 2015]
    SoundSeeder Player v1.1.7
    - Improved dlna/upnp compatibility
    - Several crash bugs fixed

[30th March 2015]
    SoundSeeder Player v1.1.6
    - Fixed startup crash on Android 4.x
    - Improved error handling

[17th March 2015]
    SoundSeeder Player v1.1.5
    - Fixed skipping at end of tracks (Mediatek chipsets)
    - Improved support for Android 5.x

[9th March 2015]
    SoundSeeder Player v1.1.4
    - Amazon AppStore support
    - Minor bugs fixed. Thanks for reporting!

[1st March 2015]
    SoundSeeder Player v1.1.3
    - DLNA compatibility improved
    - InApp purchases on Android 5 fixed
    - Radio Station sorting and menus fixed

SoundSeeder Speaker v1.0.1
    - Fixed startup crash on some JellyBean devices

[17th February 2015]
    SoundSeeder Player v1.1.2
    - Fixed song titles in saved playlists
    - Improved stability. Fixed crash bugs

[2nd February 2015]
    SoundSeeder Player v1.1.1
    - Fixed loading via upnp, if song duration is unavailable

[1st February 2015]
    SoundSeeder Player v1.1.0
    - DLNA/UPnP support - Select and play music from your media servers and NAS drives
    - New setting to throttle UPnP download rate to improve speaker connections
    - Playback with bluetooth speakers improved
    - Several minor bugfixes.

[8th January 2015]
    SoundSeeder Player v1.0.1
    - Streaming via https
    - Improved Youtube support via semperVidLinks
    - Several minor bugfixes

[29th December 2014]
    SoundSeeder Player and Speaker v1.0
    - New Online Radio Mode with more than 4500 Radio Stations (by Dirble.com)
    - Player and Speaker App merged
    - YouTube support via semperVidLinks
    - Landscape Mode
    - Navigation Bar added
    - Advanced settings to change buffer size
    - Google Music support restored (GM v5.5 and older)
    - Improved Playlist support
    - Android 5 (Lollipop) support
    - Connection and sync errors fixed
    - Faster caching of streamed media files
    - Improved Playback Synchronization
    - New Windows and Linux Speaker Application (Raspberry Pi support)

[29th December 2014]
    SoundSeeder Java Edition v0.4b
    - Java based implementation
    - Tested on Windows and Linux
    - Raspberry Pi support
    - Available for download on www.soundseeder.com
    SoundSeeder v1.4 - Google Music support

Here is SoundSeeder v1.4 with fully integrated Google Music support.
    You can now import your online library into SoundSeeder and select Google Music tracks the same way like locally stored files.

Screenshot_GM1-250x444.png
    Screenshot_GM2-250x444.png

Screenshot_GM3-250x416.png

If you want to use the old (cast to SoundSeeder) feature with the Google Music Player 5.5, please don't update SoundSeeder to v1.4.

SoundSeeder now supports 4 different media sources:
    - Locally stored music files
    - Online Radio Stations
    - Upnp/dlna network storages
    - Google Music

Also new in v1.4:
    - Turkish localization added
    - Improved usability (UI and menus)
    - Lots of minor bugs fixed

All links and more infos are available in the opening post.
    Please let me know what you think about the new features!
    SoundSeeder v2.4.1

Here is the next update for the SoundSeeder Music Player: Version 2.4.1

This release heavily improves the app performance in speaker mode and removes several annoying bugs.
    And thanks to the awesome support of the XDA community, soundseeder is now available in 16 languages! :laugh:
    - Russian by @gaich
    - Hindi by @TheImpulson
    - Spanish by @J_M_V_S
    - Croatian by @dugi9991
    - Czech by @novas78
    - Persian by pouriya
    - Chinese by bshu
    - Italian by Enrico
    - Polish by skaram
    - Hungarian by Zityi
    - Indonesian by Ben
    - Slovak by Matus
    - German, with support by @Oswald Boelcke
    - English
    And not yet completed:
    - Turkish
    - French
    - Portugese

Thank you very much to all of you, espacially the translation team at https://xdaforums.com/marketing-analytics/localization

If anybody else is interested in translating SoundSeeder, please let me know! I will send you free upgrade codes for the premium version for your support!

Greets,
    Jens