Transparent widgets for note 2 (accuweather, mp3 player, fm radio)

Search This thread

manu_up

Hey Guys, I found this from the Galaxy S3 thread linked below,

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1898262

So I wanted to test this out in the new Omega Rom for Note and it worked perfectly. The transparent widgets fit the screen well and have no issues. So this should work on rooted stock roms as well.

I want to give my credits to kashortiexda for posting these. Files can be downloaded from the links below

Accuweather Transparent
FM Radio Transparent
Music Player Transparent

Instructions:
1, Download the required apk file and copy them to your sd card.
2, Use a root explorer tool and browse to the system/app folder. Mount the folder as r/w
3, Rename the apps, for ex., AccuweatherWidget.apk to AccuweatherWidget.apkbak
4, Copy Paste the transparent apk files to this folder and set permissions to rw -r -r. Reboot the phone
5, The widgets can now be used. Please make sure that these widgets are not there on the homescreens before replacing to avoid FCs.

Enjoy. Hope you like it guys. Thanks

Attachments

• Screenshot_2012-10-04-16-44-06.jpg
    Screenshot_2012-10-04-16-44-06.jpg
    24.7 KB · Views: 18,967
  • Screenshot_2012-10-04-16-44-12.jpg
    Screenshot_2012-10-04-16-44-12.jpg
    27.7 KB · Views: 20,907
Last edited:

mg35pt

Jul 7, 2009
Sintra
Funny! Just today I was thinking how much I miss a transparent weather widget. With the WeatherWall wallpaper I really didn't need a superimposed image to spoil the effect.

I can confirm that it works with stock (rooted) ROM.

Thanks. :good:

Reactions: manu_up

manu_up

Possible to upload a transparent S-Planner month widget?

Hi, as I mentioned, this was posted by another member on the S3 section. And I was curious enough to test all the transparent widgets on the Note 2. Unfortunately, the ones that worked were these 3. The SPlanner made no effect and clock packages kept force closing. I will keep testing to find a suitable one and will update my thread if i do get it. Cheers

apascual89

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Jan 17, 2011
Atlanta, GA
Thanks, but want to see if anyone has run into this. I get these weird letters where the date goes below the time. Any ideas.? I'm on a stock deodexed rom.

3y5utupu.jpg

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2

manu_up

Hey Guys, I see that some of you have the issue with funny letters showing up on the widget. I am using this on the Omega rom and till now havent faced the issue. So I am not sure what exactly causes this. I will play around with some weather settings and try to figure out what is causing this. Sorry.

najjadasm

Apr 1, 2009
Work fine here for those who have problems they have to delete or rename the AccuWeather Widets.odx file first

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1349876430916.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1349876430916.jpg
    80 KB · Views: 1,319
Reactions: krezrog

jagdesh

Sep 30, 2009
Pune
Same problem here DEV... getting those wired letters below the time ...

I followed your instructions to exactly ..

I am on Omega V3 Rom

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hey Guys, I found this from the Galaxy S3 thread linked below,

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1898262

So I wanted to test this out in the new Omega Rom for Note and it worked perfectly. The transparent widgets fit the screen well and have no issues. So this should work on rooted stock roms as well.

I want to give my credits to kashortiexda for posting these. Files can be downloaded from the links below

Accuweather Transparent
    FM Radio Transparent
    Music Player Transparent

Instructions:
    1, Download the required apk file and copy them to your sd card.
    2, Use a root explorer tool and browse to the system/app folder. Mount the folder as r/w
    3, Rename the apps, for ex., AccuweatherWidget.apk to AccuweatherWidget.apkbak
    4, Copy Paste the transparent apk files to this folder and set permissions to rw -r -r. Reboot the phone
    5, The widgets can now be used. Please make sure that these widgets are not there on the homescreens before replacing to avoid FCs.

Enjoy. Hope you like it guys. Thanks
    s4(ish) transparent weather widget for Note 2

tweaked the AccuweatherWidget.apk just for fun ( S4...ish )

Attached it if anyone wants it, d/l and replace the original AccuweatherWidget.apk

.. push to /system/app , then set permissions rw-r--r-- , reboot

going to keep working on it to get the time and date on the left

should work with most 4.1.2 TW roms
    all transparent widgets working XXDMA6

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=37772690

these are specifically for the Note 2
    The ones posted in the OP were from my SGS3 thread

Possible to upload a transparent S-Planner month widget?

Hi, as I mentioned, this was posted by another member on the S3 section. And I was curious enough to test all the transparent widgets on the Note 2. Unfortunately, the ones that worked were these 3. The SPlanner made no effect and clock packages kept force closing. I will keep testing to find a suitable one and will update my thread if i do get it. Cheers
    Thanks, but want to see if anyone has run into this. I get these weird letters where the date goes below the time. Any ideas.? I'm on a stock deodexed rom.

3y5utupu.jpg

I got that too. Had to go back..

Sent from my GT-N7100 using xda premium