!! One X serious SD storage issue, disappear more than 10G which is not used at all

Search This thread

mmx6688

Dec 16, 2009
Amazon Fire TV
Hi, Guy

I just found that my SD internal storage get very small every day, I did not install lots of thing, but now it is only 1.5G.

So you need to check yours as well on your computer to see is it happen to you. It is very serious problem which will cause SD care data lost in the end.

This is how you can check.
1 Connect your One X USB to PC. Use USB storage mode.
2 In file manager click on your X'sd card name and mouse right click choose properties, it show how much data used and how much left. Write done the number.
3 Click you SD card icon and pop up another screen show all folders and data in SD card, use Ctrl+A to select them all, then mouse right click and choose properties to show the calculation for how much all those files storage.

The used space for step 2 and step 3 shall be almost same if it is correct. But on my One x it has 13G difference. Which means the 13G storage is nowhere on the SD card but system think they are. So you will loose those space.

Do your check and see how many of you has this problem.

Reactions: alek75

The-Last-Hylian

Feb 14, 2012
www.ivaninsurance.co.uk
I must admit I felt that my storeage was showing a considerable amount less than what I was expecting the other day...

I'll have to plug in my phone to cross reference the figures there agains't what the handset is saying...

Then again I did pump my HOX full of Vids, Movies and .CBZ files.

vegetaleb

I had the same problem with the One X ported rom on Sensation, I kept loosing GB of memory for no reasons...till I found the bug: gallery cache!
There is a folder for the Gallery app that keep adding cache and eat huge amount of memory, just delete this folder and disable caching in gallery

mmx6688

Dec 16, 2009
Amazon Fire TV
I had the same problem with the One X ported rom on Sensation, I kept loosing GB of memory for no reasons...till I found the bug: gallery cache!
There is a folder for the Gallery app that keep adding cache and eat huge amount of memory, just delete this folder and disable caching in gallery

could you let us know what is the name of it? I checked SD card there is no folder called Gallery.

Zipperface

Apr 4, 2012
East Sussex
I'd also like a bit more info about the gallery cache folder please.
My phone memory is definitely lower than it should be. I was going to format it, but if this folder is causing the problem... maybe i won't need to.

mmx6688

Dec 16, 2009
Amazon Fire TV
It's in the camera folder aka DCIM
The cache folder must be there if I remember well.

sorry no folder of such. And it is not folder issue I guess. This issue is now reported world wide in other place as well. It just break out. And it is not 1.29 issue I'm still on 1.28 rom. it is related to USB connection and also install program in SD card. I hope XDA dev can look into it seriously!

mmx6688

Dec 16, 2009
Amazon Fire TV
I'd also like a bit more info about the gallery cache folder please.
My phone memory is definitely lower than it should be. I was going to format it, but if this folder is causing the problem... maybe i won't need to.

Foramtting will not helpful. I know some guys format several times and it still eat your SD card. It is the phone problem with ROM. HTC need fix it.

Zipperface

Apr 4, 2012
East Sussex
Deleted LOST.DIR and gained 0!

Adding all stuff up on the sd card i have about 15-16 gig. I have just over 5 gig left!

Yesterday i deleted Dungeon Defenders (800ish meg) I had nearly 6 gig... where did the other 1gig go overnight?!

ramis7

Jan 9, 2009
Zürich
Hi, Guy

I just found that my SD internal storage get very small every day, I did not install lots of thing, but now it is only 1.5G.

So you need to check yours as well on your computer to see is it happen to you. It is very serious problem which will cause SD care data lost in the end.

2 In file manager click on your X'sd card name and mouse right click choose properties, it show how much data used and how much left. Write done the number.
3 Click you SD card icon and pop up another screen show all folders and data in SD card, use Ctrl+A to select them all, then mouse right click and choose properties to show the calculation for how much all those files storage.

The used space for step 2 and step 3 shall be almost same if it is correct. But on my One x it has 13G difference. Which means the 13G storage is nowhere on the SD card but system think they are. So you will loose those space.

solution:
just make a back up of your phone storage. simply to open phone storage in your pc, select and copy you all folders of phone storage and paste in any folder of pc, then do quick fomat your phone storage called (htc storage), then take back all your folders to htc storage by paste command.

sjred_uk

Nov 20, 2011
Xiaomi Mi 10 Ultra
solution:
just make a back up of your phone storage. simply to open phone storage in your pc, select and copy you all folders of phone storage and paste in any folder of pc, then do quick fomat your phone storage called (htc storage), then take back all your folders to htc storage by paste command.

This isnt a solution. It works initially but the storage space starts to vanish again after a few days. Ive doe this twice now. It must be a bug that needs sorting out asap. This is my only issue on my phone though. No screen flickering problems fortunately

Sent from my HTC Legend using XDA

mmx6688

Dec 16, 2009
Amazon Fire TV
solution:

Thanks, I know this solution that is to get back the lost space. And I just did it since I have only 1G left so can not take the risk for any more lost space. Now I get 15G free.

But it is just temporary solution, after few days it probably loose more space again but now I will keep monitor of it.

HTC need to fix this problem.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I'm hoping 9,000,000 people aren't wrong.

If you follow the scene, official updates from Samsung can brick and permanently damage your eMMC. Being popular doesn't mean better. For instance, Justin Biever and CrApple.
    Hi, Guy

Thanks. I found the LOST.DIR in SD but it is empty. I delete it and do reboot. Nothing changed. Any other hint?

The directory is always empty. I deleted it and just won 2GB extra space.
    Guys! Guys! I already wrote about this - SD card slowly fills with logical bad blocks after files deletion. For now solution is:
    1) Go to USB storage mode
    2) Copy all SD contents to PC
    3) Format USB storage on PC (quick format is enougth)
    4) Copy all contents back to SD

Seems like internal disk driver bug
    updated to 1.29.707.11 last night.
    before the update:
    12.32GB
    after the update:
    18.32GB

:):):)