Ghost Clicking / Phantom clicks.. Phone is very unreliable

Search This thread

SpyderTracks

Jan 13, 2007
London
hello all again

I think i solved my issue. I found out another topic in another Xperia phone forum. That phone's users problem was undersensitive touch screen , so i did opposite of what they did :)

I went to /system/usr/idc but not modified the file max something.

I modified clearpad.idc file. The value touch.pressure.scale was 0.0075 something. I changed it to 1
now the touchscreen is less responsive and nearly no ghost clicks anymore.

Hope this helps anybody have this issue.

Thanks for the info, will try it out myself. Glad you got it sorted.

Sent from my C6833 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    What firmware are you on?
    I am on the latest firmware. Without any mod. only rooted.

maybe search for a post by @hamdogg about editing build.prop to change the sensitivity
    I think its about the file under system/usr changing the touch sensivity. I have already done it. No luck , still ghost clicks...

Hmmm.. Are you sure there isn't a piece of pasta on your screen? It's a big screen after all :p

Yes, I'm drawing a blank here :p Have you tried to flash a different ROM?

Sent from my C6806_GPe using Tapatalk
    I regularly clean my screen but ofcourse in daytime there are times it is dirty :)

I did not try to flash a different ROM but i am not sure if this is a hardware issue or software..

It seems hopeless because i saw other people experiencing same. Also there was a movie in You tube, a guy put a service report from SONY
    saying that telephone is Ok no issue , but he was turning on the phone and as soon as phone booted it started ghost clicks..

Ah sony.. you used to be the symbol of quality for me once..

I had this problem too (like many others) when we were on 532, but it was fixed on 257. You could flash a AOSP ROM and see if it's still the same? If it's not, it's a software issue, and if it's still there, it's probably the hardware. My guess is it's a software issue.

You could try a CM ROM or the GPe. The latter is the most stable one and without bugs.

Sent from my C6806_GPe using Tapatalk
    LordManhattan, thank you for your replies. I will try to do as per you advise. I will write back the result here.

Thank you

do you have a screen protector on it? if so take it off and reapply. Possibly something interfering with it.