[OFFICIAL]CM10.1.3 Q&A - Release for D2VZW GSIII (OP updated 9/24/13)

Search This thread

JOLiu

Dec 10, 2010
Is anyone else experiencing an issue where playing the next song queued up in Google music causes the volume to go to the max? The actual volume indicator doesn't show max, but my ears sure did! This happens with the stock ear buds.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using xda app-developers app

Dang, wish I had checked this thread before trying to listen to some music on my headphones. Scared the living daylights out of me when the audio in my headphones jumped to max volume (this was using 3rd party headphones).

VoiD_Dweller

Aug 5, 2011
Orlando, FL
Moto G Power (2021)
Bugs?

Hey guys I had a quick simple question about recent nightly bugs. I've got the stable 10.0 CM running on my girlfriends sgs3 which works great, I was considering dropping the 10.1 nightly on it so she can have some more features and be the latest greatest.

My question is are there any crippling bugs causing any major issues on the latest couple nightlies? I don't want to end up in the doghouse or on the couch for putting something that causes issues. She doesn't use any bluetooth or anything so I'm not worried about those types of bugs. I checked the last couple pages and didn't find anything so I thought I'd ask..

Thanks in advance for any replies and input.

will.bates94

Jan 25, 2012
Michigan
Re: [Official] CM 10.1 Q&A Thread - OP updated 2/17

As you can see in a few pages back there aren't any major issues besides small bugs which will be fixed within the next few nightlies I'd imagine. I still don't think WPA tether is working and Bluetooth is still iffy apparently.

Sent from my GS3 via xda-developers app

Reactions: VoiD_Dweller

JOLiu

Dec 10, 2010
Hey guys I had a quick simple question about recent nightly bugs. I've got the stable 10.0 CM running on my girlfriends sgs3 which works great, I was considering dropping the 10.1 nightly on it so she can have some more features and be the latest greatest.

My question is are there any crippling bugs causing any major issues on the latest couple nightlies? I don't want to end up in the doghouse or on the couch for putting something that causes issues. She doesn't use any bluetooth or anything so I'm not worried about those types of bugs. I checked the last couple pages and didn't find anything so I thought I'd ask..

Thanks in advance for any replies and input.

I have personally only been using CM10.1 for the past few days (the 2/18 nightly), but the only bugs that I've noticed thus far are:

(1) audio will switch to the highest possible volume when I go from track to track.
(2) when I hit the home button, the phone sometimes acts like I long-pressed the home button, which shows the list of the applications that I most recently used, as opposed to sending me to the home screen (a reboot appears to have corrected this issue).
(3) when I put the phone in my office drawer (a wood drawer), I noticed that I was not always getting a signal. In checking my battery, it is showing 8 hours and 25 minutes unplugged and 16% without a signal. Typically, I get great signal in my office.

FYI - I am on 8 hours and 25 minutes unplugged and have 80% of battery left (although I believe that I've been unplugged for more like 9.5-10 hours - not sure if the reboot reset the # of hours that I am unplugged). Granted, my phone has sat in my drawer most of the day - screen on for only about 6 minutes - w/ work email being pushed.

Can't comment as to the wifi tether. When setting it up, it allows me to enter WPA information, but I have not actually tried to tether any devices to my phone. I also have not attempted to use NFC or wifi direct. As to bluetooth audio, I did try to play music in my car, and it appeared to work; phonecalls via BT also worked for me. Lastly, I understand that phonecalls do not work via a wired headset although I have yet to try this.

Last edited:

VoiD_Dweller

Aug 5, 2011
Orlando, FL
Moto G Power (2021)
As you can see in a few pages back there aren't any major issues besides small bugs which will be fixed within the next few nightlies I'd imagine. I still don't think WPA tether is working and Bluetooth is still iffy apparently.

Sent from my GS3 via xda-developers app

I have personally only been using CM10.1 for the past few days (the 2/18 nightly), but the only bugs that I've noticed thus far are:

(1) audio will switch to the highest possible volume when I go from track to track.
(2) when I hit the home button, the phone sometimes acts like I long-pressed the home button, which shows the list of the applications that I most recently used, as opposed to sending me to the home screen (a reboot appears to have corrected this issue).
(3) when I put the phone in my office drawer (a wood drawer), I noticed that I was not always getting a signal. In checking my battery, it is showing 8 hours and 25 minutes unplugged and 16% without a signal. Typically, I get great signal in my office.

FYI - I am on 8 hours and 25 minutes unplugged and have 80% of battery left (although I believe that I've been unplugged for more like 9.5-10 hours - not sure if the reboot reset the # of hours that I am unplugged). Granted, my phone has sat in my drawer most of the day - screen on for only about 6 minutes - w/ work email being pushed.

Can't comment as to the wifi tether. When setting it up, it allows me to enter WPA information, but I have not actually tried to tether any devices to my phone. I also have not attempted to use NFC or wifi direct. As to bluetooth audio, I did try to play music in my car, and it appeared to work; phonecalls via BT also worked for me. Lastly, I understand that phonecalls do not work via a wired headset although I have yet to try this.

Thanks for the feedback guys.

Rarscaryfrosty

Jul 30, 2011
Thanks for the feedback guys.

I've been using CM10.1 on my SG3 since day one, and it's been a steady ride with bug fixes coming out every day and every night. The only things bugging me at the long button press and bluetooth. I used to use bluetooth inside my house, and in my car daily, now I don't at all. I could honestly live with the long button press issue since a quick reboot fixes it, but I guess it wouldn't be handy in an emergency having to wait for my phone to reboot.

vdefender

Jan 5, 2009
Seattle, Wa
Alright, I had one message today "Not send" and it gave me a notification that it didn't send. When I click the notification it just opens Messaging and goes to the conversation list. There are no messages that got a red triangle. I deleted the messages that I think may have caused the "message not sent" notification. But it wont go away! Argh! I've cleared the Cache for Messaging, I've cleared the data for messaging, I've restarted. I've deleted the whole conversation with the person that the message didn't send to. And I've dirty flashed the latest nightly. Still the message not sent notification keeps coming back. How can I be rid of this without having to TIBackup everything and start over!?

ctsail410

Jun 4, 2012

Did anyone else's reboot menu disappear? I don't see an option to reboot to recovery, download, etc. anymore

Yes it was a purposeful change made to CM this weekend. To get it back go into Developer Settings and check "Advanced Reboot."

Reactions: Whisk_33

im_on_fire

Oct 25, 2010

Synergy Rom with ziggy kernel

chaplngrillsgt

Sep 4, 2012

Ever since switching to 10.1 I've been having issues where my Wifi doesn't stay connected and then I get a "Failed to connect to network" error when attempting to reconnect. The network is definitely broadcasting and connectable because my PC is connected to the same network. This seems to be happening completely randomly and then randomly reconnecting. I have no idea how to fix this and would greatly appreciate the help.

uploadfromtaptalk1361510102666.jpg

Silvares

Oct 12, 2011
Do you know which formats CM10.1 won't have issues with the 64GB sdcard? ext4 or FAT32? I want to try to be able to have a file of more than 4GB.

Thanks.

CrustyMcLovin

May 16, 2012
Orange County, CA
Two issues that I'm seeing with my FEB7 build of Moon's CM10.1. Note I've got my phone setup with a PIN code on the lock screen and I have it set to automatically lock 10 minutes after sleep.

1. Phone will lock during a long phone call and then I need to enter the PIN, select the phone app, and then hang up from there. Seems like a lot of steps to end a phone call. Is this normal?

2. As I said above, I have it set to automatically lock 10 minutes after sleep. That works fine except for when the phone goes into Daydream mode. When that happens it locks almost immediately and ignores the 10 minute delay.

THANKS.

autospy

Jun 15, 2010
I'm going to be going to europe soon. I'm going to be using verizon global data/int. roaming, so keeping the same sim. If I get a pre 1/25 cm10.1 will it work? Is there anything else I need to do or be concerned with?

Were you about to confirm if this worked? I want to upgrade to CM10.1 from stock JB, but I really need VZW global data access.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Post development questions/logcats etc in the development thread. Post "my data doesn't work" here (after reading the OP). The mods don't like the developers thread being filled with these questions, and it's contrary to the goal of that board. I'll keep both OPs updated.

Development thread: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2053799

10.1.3 has been released.

As for all recent releases, please make sure you are on the MF1 modem

cmlogo.png

Cyanogen Mod 10.1.0 Release is now available:
    http://get.cm/?device=d2vzw

Huge thanks to the CM devs! Pop on over to http://www.cyanogenmod.org/ and make a donation (mouse over "Community" at the top right then select "Donate to us") if you'd like to help support the CM project!

cm101.png

Anyone looking for mastamoon's build with his tweaks, reverts, and cherrypicks - it was moved to Android Development. Here is the link! http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2094251

Rooting, flashing, installing roms, following any instructions below, will void your phone's warranty and there is a chance (however small) that you'll screw up and permanently break your phone. Anything you do to your phone in violation of the warranty, insurance, or anything else is at your own risk!

CyanogenMod June 24th, 2013

http://www.cyanogenmod.org/blog/cyanogenmod-10-1-0-release

CyanogenMod 10.1.0 Release

Tonight we are ending the Release Candidate phase and pushing CM 10.1.0 to general release.

The files will be landing on our servers as they complete the build process. The list of devices will be in line with the devices that have received release candidates to-date. At this time, we do not plan on incorporating devices that did not receive a RC into this release. Also absent from this release are Tegra 2 powered devices and many of the Exynos based Samsung devices. We will provide a status report for these devices later this week.

Next on deck

With the 10.1.0 code finalized, we will return to our M-release cycle and work towards adding additional functionality and features; including the new Privacy Guard feature, which was merged into the nightlies today.

There are many new and exciting things planned for the remainder of the year, just wait and see what we will do next!

-The CyanogenMod Team

-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+ OFFICIAL DOWNLOAD LINK -+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

http://get.cm/?device=d2vzw

-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+ NIGHTLY CHANGE LOG -+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

App from invisiblek: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.invisiblek.cm.nightlies

Or: http://10.1.cmxlog.com/?device=d2vzw

-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+ GUIDE ON HOW TO ROOT AND FLASH -+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2046439

-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+ HOW TO BACKUP AND RESTORE YOUR IMEI -+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1852255&highlight=nvbackup

-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+ OFFICIAL GOOGLE+ -+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

https://plus.google.com/+CyanogenMod/posts

-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+ OFFICIAL GOOGLE+ COMMUNITY -+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

https://plus.google.com/communities/107373456059326217974

-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+ KNOWN / REPORTED ISSUES -+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

On the 10.1.3 RC: (updated 7/18)
    1: Only use the MF1 AIO file available here.

2: If you cycle bluetooth off and on it may get stuck. You need to reboot to resolve the issue.

3: Verizon FIOS app crashes

4: BT headsets don't work with the Skype app

5: One channel audio on headphones.

6: Low recording volume using the camcorder.

7: If you set up a phone number to include pauses (like your voicemail PIN) the keypad wont register any other touches during that call.

On the latest nightlies: (updated 7/18)
    1: If you cycle bluetooth off and on it may get stuck. You need to reboot to resolve the issue.

2: Verizon FIOS app crashes

3: BT headsets don't work with the Skype app

4: Low recording volume using the camcorder.

5: If you set up a phone number to include pauses (like your voicemail PIN) the keypad wont register any other touches during that call.

Many other problems are fixed by simply re-flashing the same rom file over itself.

Please PM repeatable issues from the release to me. Post a logcat in the developer thread or a JIRA ticket if you expect it to get fixed.

-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+ SPECIAL NOTES -+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

1. To enable Developer Options: Menu > Settings > About Phone. Tap build number 7 times to unlock Developer Options

2. Photosphere: This feature is not offered on non-nexus devices

3. There are a lot of questions about how CM10.1 moves your files to sdcard/0/ folder. This is to support multi-users. If you flash back and forth between a non-4.2 ROM and CM10.1 (which is 4.2) you'll end up with sdcard/0/0/..etc since the upgrade to 10.1 moves your folders into a new /0/. You can safely move your files out of /0/ back to your sdcard if you're on CM10, or back to the first /0 folder if you're on CM10.1.

4. Don't update from CM10 to CM10.1 using the built-in cmupdater. Update in recovery for the first flash from CM10 to 10.1. Once on 10.1 you can use cmupdater.

-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+ INSTALLATION NOTES -+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

• CM can be flashed using CWM or TWRP. Only use the latest TWRP or CWM!
    • When you install CM10.1 your data will be moved to a new folder /0/ (this is to support multi-users).
    • Make sure you have the latest CWM or TWRP installed so that your recovery isn't confused by the new location of your backups. Official TWRP d2vzw or Latest CWM (scroll down to Samsung Galaxy S3 (Verizon))
    • GAPPS is not included in any CM download. You must flash a gapps zip if coming from another rom or when starting with a clean install. You do not need to flash gapps when 'dirty flashing' over a previous CM install. Download gapps here.
    • According to Cyanogen it is possible to flash CM10.1 over top of an existing CM10 installation. It is generally recommended to do a clean install if you run into any issues.
    • Always make a backup before you try a dirty flash or upgrade to CM10.1.

-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+ HOW TO INSTALL OVER CM10 -+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

• Consider backing up your IMEI if you haven't already (link)
    • If you use a lockscreen pattern disable it
    • Flash the latest CWM or Official TWRP d2vzw
    • Download a CM10.1 rom (nightly or unofficial) to your sd card
    • Download the latest gapps from goo to your sd card
    • Reboot into recovery
    • Make a backup
    • Wipe cache and dalvik (if you want)
    • Install CM10.1 zip
    • Install gapps
    • Reboot
    • After your phone boots go into Menu > Settings > Apps. Under "All" find "Clock", open it, and click "Clear Data"

-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+ HOW TO INSTALL FROM ANY ROM OTHER THAN CM -+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

• Consider backing up your IMEI if you haven't already (link)
    • Flash the latest CWM or Official TWRP d2vzw
    • Download a CM10.1 rom (nightly or unofficial) to your sd card
    • Download the latest gapps from goo to your sd card
    • Use an app like Titanium Backup or Mybackup Pro to backup your apps (if you want)
    • Use an app like SMS Backup+ to backup your text messages and call log (if you want)
    • Reboot into recovery
    • Make a backup
    • Wipe cache and dalvik (if you want)
    • Wipe Data/Factory Reset/System
    • Install CM10.1 zip
    • Install gapps
    • Reboot
    • Reinstall Titanium Backup/Mybackup Pro/SMS Backup+ and restore the stuff you have to have, but its better to reinstall things from the market if possible (keep in mind your backups will be located in sdcard/0/) (if you want)

-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

I am not a developer, I have no direct association with the CM project, I am just a community member. I will do my best to maintain this thread. Please PM me with any OP suggestions!
    Can somebody start a petition to get rid of the lame CRT screen off animation that makes the phone feel like its from 1995 and replace it with a nice fade in and out like an Asus transformer? Thanks.

I'm starting a petition for you to write your own animation. If I get 2 more signatures, you have to do it. +1's and Thanks to this post count as signatures. Contract is binding and non-negotiable. You are as obligated to perform your end as the CM10.1 devs are to listen to your petition. Petition open. :)
    The devs are very aware of this. IIRC correctly invisiblek said it's a kernel issue and is fixed in an updated kernel that is still a work in progress.

Actually, I'm not sure if this is fixed in 3.4 or not. I usually reboot too often to see this (for me it would take like a day for the problem to surface)
    It's most definitely on the radar, just not high priority. I'll try to keep it running for an extended period of time and see if this problem comes up. (But the weekend might be a bad time to make a promise like this =P)

I tried disabling JD for a whole day to see if that made a difference. No change...

I did change one of the settings within Wifi to not try to use as little battery when wifi is on and that seems to help keep wifi on a bit longer, but then it all goes to hell when it disconnects.

The problem with 90% of these "one-off" issues that people have is that there are too many variables. My suggestion, if you are running into an unreported or obscure problem, is to wipe data/factory reset, reflash your rom and official gapps only. No custom stuff (inverted gapps, custom kernels, etc) and boot up, don't install any apps, and see if the problem is still there. When you start replacing system files with "unofficial" ones (gapps, kernel/modules) many different things can happen that are tough to account for. This goes for installing root apps too, or apps designed to "monitor" your device for certain things. Who knows WTF a root app is doing mucking around on your device, and these battery monitor, tasker, etc apps can cause wakelocks and other unintentional problems. Especially since you don't know how an app for say, ICS, would play with JB 4.2.2, and who knows if the app dev has updated to account for any changes to JB. I don't mean to bash anyone's app or kernel, I'm sure most of them run perfectly fine, but getting to the root cause of a problem has to start with eliminating all external variables.

Ok, enough of my long-winded rants.
    Regardless of what you have running/flashed/etc, make sure you are posting relevant logcats and dmesgs, especially on these odd problems that nobody else seems to have. If you don't, your post isn't much help to anyone. (Hint: use pastebin!)
    For those of you having trouble with the Lock Screen Clock, here is what works to get it up and running. First you go into system settings (settings), then under the "interface" section you will hit "system". There you will find the settings for "Lock clock widget". After you have set up all the preferences, get your phone back to the lock screen (I found that going to your home screen and then hitting the power button is the easiest way). Now that you are sitting at a black screen, hit the power button, or home button, to wake the screen. Immediately upon doing that, you will see the two big gridlines appear on each side of the screen, the subtle prompt to show you there are screens to each side you can swipe. Swipe the screen from left to right. You will see a big "+" in the middle of the screen. Now, while at that screen with the "+", swipe back from right to left and it will take you back to the main lock screen. As soon as you hit the main lock screen, long press the screen and drag it up into the garbage can. If you correctly deleted the home lock screen, it will now automatically advance you back to the big "+" screen. Hit the big "+". You will now see you have a few options. The third one down will be "Lock Clock". Hit that and you will now have it as your lock screen. I will however say that it is a little bit buggy right now, especially if you are trying to get appointments to show, but it does work!

I am on the latest OFFICIAL 10.1-20121231-NIGHTLY, flashed dirty from yesterdays nightly. I will be doing a full wipe and clean install later today to see if the anomalies with the new lock screen widget persist or go away. What I am seeing is that when you add the lock screen widget, it will show your calendar event, but after the screen goes to sleep, the appointments are no longer on the widget when you wake the screen back up. The weather is there, and the battery state is there right below the weather, but no appointments. If I swipe that screen showing weather and battery state back and forth from the "+" screen, the appointments show back up, but the battery state is missing. Also, turning the battery status off on the lock screen doesn't change it from not showing the appointments. I think that should be enough info to point someone to a fix.

I hope that helps!

Scott