[06/12/12][ROM][REFRESHED]Unofficial ParanoidAndroid 2.55.1 for XS[CLEAN COMPILE]

would you guys like to try the latest 4.2 gapps

• yes

Votes: 79 95.2%
  • no

Votes: 4 4.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Search This thread

shingers5

Inactive Recognized Contributor
THREE MUSKETEERS PRESENSTS
UNOFFICIAL PA for XPERIA S​

Hey guys after being a member of XDA for many years and IMO longtime helper of others I have decided to try my hand at ROM building. Along with a great group of guys namely vertigo and benjamin.j.goodwin we started doing stuff on the Sensation Xl. We have now decided to branch out and build roms for other devices. This rom is a collaboration of us 3 working together and creating a hell of a compile machine...................... Enough now about the ROM

Features:
- this needs no mention as PA is now well renowed.
- Pure PA build complied from source 26/10/2012
- Interface tweaks are fully functional as instructed by my beta testers
- Performance settings and per app colour should work
- customise and colour nav and status bar also icons
- full hybrid mode for Phablet and Tablet UI

BUGS:
- some cm10 bugs my be present
- YOU TELL ME
- crosscheck against your list of previous bugs and share with us

Code:
[B][COLOR="Magenta"]CHANGELOG for PA 2.55.1[/COLOR][/B]
- refreshed github to add all latest fixes from previous commits that may have been missed
- released 2 version one with stock PA kernel and one with FXP
- minor bug fixes to to fresh clean compile

[B][COLOR="Blue"]CHANGELOG:[/COLOR][/B] [COLOR="Red"]PA 2.55[/COLOR]
- added kalis kernel 3.0.51 for stability and led lights
- more bugs squashed - please check your lists on previous releases
- Builds updated with new drivers so should be snappier
- Code updated to make hybrid ui even smoother 
- Paranoid Updates/tweaks

Install:
- need Unlocked Boot Loader
- obviously you need UNLOCKED bootloader and CWM recovery installed
- download rom zip and gapps and copt to internal sdcard
- boot into recovery
- wipe data/factory reset, wipe cache, in advanced wipe dalvik cache and fix permissions(optional)
- in mounts and storage format system
- install zip from sdcard and choose zip to install
- install gapps
- reboot

Enjoy the rom
I have not personally tested this as my Xperia S has LB but this has been tested by Felimenta97 and greatpatel007 that its almost fully functional. I implore you to hunt for bugs as I cant and report so we can do our best to fix it and make this fully functional

Beta Testers
Felimenta97
Deje63
Mklass
Ben36

This is the thanks bit now... firstly the other Musketeers...
Benjamin.j.Goodwin - for being an absolute star, giving me pointers and helping also for being absolutely nuts:)
Vertigo - for his tireless compiling, testing, ideas and generally keeping the team blessed... and of course being a legend

Thanks also goes out to
Free Xperia Team - KALI for kernel
CM team
PA team
DutchDanny - AMazing Guy and Leader
BinDroid Team for loads of help when I first started
XDA for just about everything else
If you think you need to be thanked, just let me know

Last edited:

shingers5

Nice... Getting our name out there lol

this is just a start guys as many more things to come.......................
we will be releasing an inverted version of this rom called Dark Passion and also be giving cm10 the same dark treatement. Its kinda quiet in here but hopefully this will make a few people hold on to their XS and come along for the ride. I will also be getting an XT and we have already released Dark Passion on that forum

HellRoot

Feb 12, 2012
Exciting with new roms... :) can't wait until camera is working so i can try the new stuff

Sent from my LT26i using xda app-developers app

shingers5

the camera is still not working ?

try it and let me know......................
the main reason for the release as beta is cause the hybrid UI is fully functional as that really the main difference between PA and CM10. camera etc are bugs shared by cm10 and will be fixed and added to github once available

Reactions: Dominik_Hofer

nemer12

Nov 20, 2009
Bucharest
www.adevice.ro
so you meam that the cam doesnt work..if it doesnt i m sorry but i cannot test it:(..because i use the camera alot..that s why i asked you..i ve tested the other 2 roms( cm 10 and aokp) but they have alot of bugs.. and if u say that the bugs are the same like in a cm 10 then it means that the camera is buggy..sadly

also sad that we done have a good dev support..only 5 devs..:(

i wanted to buy an xperia t but when i see that the samsung s3 one x one s note amd other forums are full eith devs and sony forums are empty it makes me change my mind..:(

MadCobbler

Inactive Recognized Contributor / Themer
Jun 27, 2009
Sheffield
so you meam that the cam doesnt work..if it doesnt i m sorry but i cannot test it:(..because i use the camera alot..that s why i asked you..i ve tested the other 2 roms( cm 10 and aokp) but they have alot of bugs.. and if u say that the bugs are the same like in a cm 10 then it means that the camera is buggy..sadly

also sad that we done have a good dev support..only 5 devs..:(

i wanted to buy an xperia t but when i see that the samsung s3 one x one s note amd other forums are full eith devs and sony forums are empty it makes me change my mind..:(

I've had all of those phones and believe me, there is lots of devs and lots of roms, but there is nothing different over in those that you can't get over here, and once you've flashed your phone a few times it starts to get boring, and if I'm being totally honest I've got the Xperia T now and I prefer it to One X, Galaxy S3, yes they are good phones, but they still lag, this Xperia T is a lot smoother, its like a Galaxy Nexus with an epic camera... :D

Sent from my Xperia T using xda premium

WeeDv2

Sep 24, 2009
Hry this is great u hear my messages thanks!

Sent from my LT26i using xda app-developers app

MadCobbler

Jun 27, 2009
Sheffield
Has anyone tried the Cam Fix with this build, I'm guessing by the comments in the cm10 thread that its doesn't work with the latest builds of cm10, so there is a big possibility that it won't work on this, but we won't know until someone tries ;)

MadCobbler

Jun 27, 2009
Sheffield
On Xperia T camera works perfectly on Cm10 and ParanoidAndroid and full 13mp too. Only issue I've noticed is that wifi can be a bit funny, you just have to toggle it on and off and it connects fine. AOKP camera works, but only goes to 5mp. Everything else works just fine ;)

MadCobbler

Jun 27, 2009
Sheffield
We've heard that the camera doesn't work, just like the CM10 rom, but I was just wondering if the fix works, if so we could incorporate it into the next build :)

shingers5

i ll install now this rom and tell you if the cam works or not

Thanks for your help mate. Its appreciated. Like my mate vertigo I've had many phones as well one x, Samsung s3, galaxy note etc and they is a lot happening but its all the same stuff. You see one you seen them all apart from miui and PA which offer something extra. Its quiet in here I will admit but have faith man. With sony now releasing sources and unlocking bootloader things should pick up hopefully. There some great devs on Sony scene

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda premium

shingers5

The camera is giving an error...the stock browser looks kinda washed out(very white)... the WiFi works OK and the ROM is really fast

Thanks for feedback and we will take on board. Try a different browser like boat browser or chrome to see if any better.
Please test the hybrid modes....... setting - pa setting - interface then choose tablet UI or phablet mode etc

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    THREE MUSKETEERS PRESENSTS
    UNOFFICIAL PA for XPERIA S​

Hey guys after being a member of XDA for many years and IMO longtime helper of others I have decided to try my hand at ROM building. Along with a great group of guys namely vertigo and benjamin.j.goodwin we started doing stuff on the Sensation Xl. We have now decided to branch out and build roms for other devices. This rom is a collaboration of us 3 working together and creating a hell of a compile machine...................... Enough now about the ROM

Features:
    - this needs no mention as PA is now well renowed.
    - Pure PA build complied from source 26/10/2012
    - Interface tweaks are fully functional as instructed by my beta testers
    - Performance settings and per app colour should work
    - customise and colour nav and status bar also icons
    - full hybrid mode for Phablet and Tablet UI

BUGS:
    - some cm10 bugs my be present
    - YOU TELL ME
    - crosscheck against your list of previous bugs and share with us

Code:
    [B][COLOR="Magenta"]CHANGELOG for PA 2.55.1[/COLOR][/B]
    - refreshed github to add all latest fixes from previous commits that may have been missed
    - released 2 version one with stock PA kernel and one with FXP
    - minor bug fixes to to fresh clean compile

[B][COLOR="Blue"]CHANGELOG:[/COLOR][/B] [COLOR="Red"]PA 2.55[/COLOR]
    - added kalis kernel 3.0.51 for stability and led lights
    - more bugs squashed - please check your lists on previous releases
    - Builds updated with new drivers so should be snappier
    - Code updated to make hybrid ui even smoother 
    - Paranoid Updates/tweaks

Install:
    - need Unlocked Boot Loader
    - obviously you need UNLOCKED bootloader and CWM recovery installed
    - download rom zip and gapps and copt to internal sdcard
    - boot into recovery
    - wipe data/factory reset, wipe cache, in advanced wipe dalvik cache and fix permissions(optional)
    - in mounts and storage format system
    - install zip from sdcard and choose zip to install
    - install gapps
    - reboot

Enjoy the rom
    I have not personally tested this as my Xperia S has LB but this has been tested by Felimenta97 and greatpatel007 that its almost fully functional. I implore you to hunt for bugs as I cant and report so we can do our best to fix it and make this fully functional

Beta Testers
    Felimenta97
    Deje63
    Mklass
    Ben36

This is the thanks bit now... firstly the other Musketeers...
    Benjamin.j.Goodwin - for being an absolute star, giving me pointers and helping also for being absolutely nuts:)
    Vertigo - for his tireless compiling, testing, ideas and generally keeping the team blessed... and of course being a legend

Thanks also goes out to
    Free Xperia Team - KALI for kernel
    CM team
    PA team
    DutchDanny - AMazing Guy and Leader
    BinDroid Team for loads of help when I first started
    XDA for just about everything else
    If you think you need to be thanked, just let me know
    another for anythung new maybe a Cm10 version of Dark Passion
    So happy rom is doing well. Vertigo Ben and I put all we can into getting these out. Tireless compiling and testing for release in this device and others. I've just got a note 2 and we on that too. Remember guys all we ask for is appreciation. We don't want coffees or beers just say thanks is all. Cost nothing

Nice... Getting our name out there lol

this is just a start guys as many more things to come.......................
    we will be releasing an inverted version of this rom called Dark Passion and also be giving cm10 the same dark treatement. Its kinda quiet in here but hopefully this will make a few people hold on to their XS and come along for the ride. I will also be getting an XT and we have already released Dark Passion on that forum