[ROM][9.0][grus][unofficial] crDroid Android

Search This thread

faust93

Apr 27, 2010
Estonia

crDroid is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device also attempting to bringing many of the best features existent today. It's mainly based on LineageOS.

BE3pE0l.png

Features
Click for feature list

Always Have a full functional Backup. Just in case!

crDroid v5.8 build
crDroidAndroid-9.0-20190924-grus-v5.8.zip
FW-Baseband_EEAGlobal_V10.3.4.0.PFBEUXM.zip

Requirements:
1. Unlocked BL and TWRP installed

First time installing crDroid to your phone, or coming from another ROM:

Installation
1) Boot into twrp, format data, swipe to factory reset, reboot back into twrp
2) flash crDroid zip
3) flash FW-Baseband_EEAGlobal_V10.3.4.0.PFBEUXM.zip
4) Flash gapps & magisk (if needed)
5) Reboot and pray || enjoy !
In case of bootloop/fastboot: flash vbmeta.img with fastboot --disable-verity --disable-verification flash vbmeta vbmeta.img

Vendorless (GSI) crDroid v5.6 build [DEPRECATED]
crDroidAndroid-9.0-20190731-grus-v5.6.zip

Requirements:
2. Running some recent MIUI (yep, it's all about Treble so we're going to use vendor's blob and firmware)

Installation
2) flash vendor-firmware zip & crDroid zip
3) Flash gapps & magisk (if needed)
4) Reboot and pray || enjoy !
5) In case of bootloop: flash vbmeta.img with fastboot --disable-verity --disable-verification flash vbmeta vbmeta.img (check GSI topics to obtain vbmeta file)

***Remember to always clean flash before reporting problems. Clean flashing is always the best method of ROM install.

KNOWN ISSUES
you tell me

Kudos to:
crDroid Team
@okitavera (ROM bundled with her kernel)
@pengus77

Get your developer happy buy him some beer.. :) (thank you guys who already donated btw! very appreciated!)

Last edited:

faust93

Apr 27, 2010
Estonia
* Repo sync
* Camera media_profiles additions
* CHRE/ContextHub enabled (flash FW-Baseband_EEAGlobal_V10.3.4.0.PFBEUXM.zip for it to work)
* Wifi Offload (?)
* DPI set to 480
* Reverted back to Okita Kernel 8.0
* Perhaps it's final crDroid update based on Android Pie

* Ditched out castrated crDroid's doze implementation in favor of CustomDoze (more options like pulse on double tap etc)
* Attempts to fix Always on Display, should be better now
* Complete device tree rework

* Aspect ratio fix for pre-O apps
* Sync with crDroid repo
* bring up some build.props from MIUI
* some minor fixes..

* Screen inactivity time fix
* Fix Smartbar transperency (intentionally broken by crDroid but for what reason??)

Last edited:

vecino

Aug 12, 2008
Can I use Okita Kernel or rom is not ready for it? Is it usable for daily use or is it an "alpha" version?

kagazushi

Nov 17, 2007
Hi @faust93! Thanks for your great work!

Is it a different version from the Havoc post?
I tried this one and and no 4g and no keyboard... Can you tell me if those bugs are fixed (just reinstalled Havoc...)?

Thanks!

vecino

Aug 12, 2008
Please would you be able to use some stable mirror to download rom? svr4.ru is often down.

faust93

Apr 27, 2010
Estonia
Hi @faust93! Thanks for your great work!

Is it a different version from the Havoc post?
I tried this one and and no 4g and no keyboard... Can you tell me if those bugs are fixed (just reinstalled Havoc...)?

Thanks!

It's different version. Keyboard is here. To fix 4g check your APN settings (if it's empty 3dots->Reset to default should help).

shisaya24

Mar 10, 2013
Redmi Note 9 Pro
Installation
2) flash crDroid zip
5) In case of bootloop (for me everything works without this step): flash vbmeta.img with fastboot --disable-verity --disable-verification flash vbmeta vbmeta.img (check GSI topics to obtain vbmeta file)

Hello dear developer,

First of all big thanks for your very early development effort!

Regarding the installation steps you mention:
Do you mean "erase internal storage completely" with format data? Because that would also erase the vendor partitition...
So I guess you mean to wipe system, data and cache and then Flash crDroid, right? So the steps are

Install recent MIUI
Wipe System, data, Cache, dalvik
Install crDroid
... And so on... (like you say from point 3) on)

Am I right in my assumption?

qynk

Aug 7, 2018
Regarding the installation steps you mention:
Do you mean "erase internal storage completely" with format data? Because that would also erase the vendor partitition...
So I guess you mean to wipe system, data and cache and then Flash crDroid, right?

Am I right in my assumption?

No, you are not right. He means: press "Format data". No problem.

qynk

Aug 7, 2018
@faust93

Thanks for developing the ROM.
I'm really sorry for asking, but when can we expect the ROM to be stable enough to use as a daily driver? I really hate MIUI at the point of it's RAM management and I can't wait for changing it to something stock-like.

Kind regards.

Last edited:

vecino

Aug 12, 2008
I think it is difficult to answer that. It is relative what means stable. Havoc was also possible used as a daily driver just after a few builds. You can try do full backup via TWRP ... flash crDroid and answer for yourself if you want him like daily driver.

drawix

Jun 11, 2016
Lublin
Installing, I will post my opinion :)
edit: so far so good! Everything seem to work, I didn't test Google Pay yet. I'm not sure but it feels slower than xiaomi.eu tho...
edit2: my journey with this ROM just began, I'm staying :) My lags have stopped, and everything works as expected. I'm happy to say its first stable rom for Grus.
Thanks dev, keep on great work!

Last edited:

shisaya24

Mar 10, 2013
Redmi Note 9 Pro
@shisaya24: Vendor partition is separate and you can update vendor / firmware via: https://xiaomifirmwareupdater.com without flash miui global, dev, xiaomi.eu, etc.

Thanks for pointing out - so I simply download one of the recent Firmware zips from that side, then completely wipe my phone incl internal storage (Format data option) and then install firmware zip + crdroid?

Did I get it right this time?

mymagicmyhero

Sep 14, 2009
Stara Zagora
Sorry about the noob questions, but I really like more stock android look, but I also like some MIUI features as well.
So if I install this rom(since I'm not familiar with it), would I be able to install the stock MiUI Camera app?
And does this rom have MIUI like gestures for navigation?
Am I going to be able to use onscreen fingerprint sensor?

drawix

Jun 11, 2016
Lublin
Sorry about the noob questions, but I really like more stock android look, but I also like some MIUI features as well.
So if I install this rom(since I'm not familiar with it), would I be able to install the stock MiUI Camera app?
And does this rom have MIUI like gestures for navigation?
Am I going to be able to use onscreen fingerprint sensor?

Yes, you can install stock miui camera but its not recommended, i would say install gcam instead.

Miui Gestures can be obtained by this app: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=app.le.miui10gestures&hl=en_US
I'm using it now and it feels great!

Fingerprint is 100% functional.

Reactions: mymagicmyhero

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

crDroid is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device also attempting to bringing many of the best features existent today. It's mainly based on LineageOS.

BE3pE0l.png

Features
    Click for feature list

Always Have a full functional Backup. Just in case!

crDroid v5.8 build
    crDroidAndroid-9.0-20190924-grus-v5.8.zip
    FW-Baseband_EEAGlobal_V10.3.4.0.PFBEUXM.zip

Requirements:

Installation
    2) flash crDroid zip
    3) flash FW-Baseband_EEAGlobal_V10.3.4.0.PFBEUXM.zip
    4) Flash gapps & magisk (if needed)
    5) Reboot and pray || enjoy !
    In case of bootloop/fastboot: flash vbmeta.img with fastboot --disable-verity --disable-verification flash vbmeta vbmeta.img

Vendorless (GSI) crDroid v5.6 build [DEPRECATED]
    crDroidAndroid-9.0-20190731-grus-v5.6.zip

Requirements:
    2. Running some recent MIUI (yep, it's all about Treble so we're going to use vendor's blob and firmware)

Installation
    2) flash vendor-firmware zip & crDroid zip
    5) In case of bootloop: flash vbmeta.img with fastboot --disable-verity --disable-verification flash vbmeta vbmeta.img (check GSI topics to obtain vbmeta file)

***Remember to always clean flash before reporting problems. Clean flashing is always the best method of ROM install.

KNOWN ISSUES
    you tell me

Kudos to:
    crDroid Team
    @okitavera (ROM bundled with her kernel)
    @pengus77

Get your developer happy buy him some beer.. :) (thank you guys who already donated btw! very appreciated!)
    * Repo sync
    * Camera media_profiles additions
    * CHRE/ContextHub enabled (flash FW-Baseband_EEAGlobal_V10.3.4.0.PFBEUXM.zip for it to work)
    * Wifi Offload (?)
    * DPI set to 480
    * Reverted back to Okita Kernel 8.0
    * Perhaps it's final crDroid update based on Android Pie

* Ditched out castrated crDroid's doze implementation in favor of CustomDoze (more options like pulse on double tap etc)
    * Attempts to fix Always on Display, should be better now
    * Complete device tree rework

* Aspect ratio fix for pre-O apps
    * Sync with crDroid repo
    * bring up some build.props from MIUI
    * some minor fixes..

* Screen inactivity time fix
    * Fix Smartbar transperency (intentionally broken by crDroid but for what reason??)
    Can you tell me your exact steps please?, and additional info like, which rom you had before, and if you flash anything with fastboot and what with twrp, also, which twrp you used, and about vbmeta, you used it after, when you got stuck at fastboot as well?, sorry for so much questions but I really want to get rid of miui.
    If you have any additional info/advice, I would really appreciate it.
    Thanks!

Hi bro, here are the steps:

1. Flash latest TWRP from here using fastboot https://xdaforums.com/mi-9-se/development/twrp-3-3-1-3-mi9se-t3949328
    2. Boot into TWRP and go to wipe -> Swipe to factory reset, then go to advanced and wipe davilk cache - cache and data
    3. Go to Install and flash firmware given by OP
    4. Boot into fastboot mode again and flash vendor.img given by OP
    5. Now boot into TWRP and go to Install and Flash CrDroid & Gapps (Pico are recommended https://opengapps.org/)
    6. Now boot into fastboot mode using TWRP´s reboot options and flash vbmeta.img to prevent bootloop with this command: fastboot --disable-verity --disable-verification flash vbmeta vbmeta.img (run this command using 1.4.3 adb fastboot https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=746010030569952951)
    6.1 - Make sure that you put vbmeta.img file into the same folder that you installed adb fastboot 1.4.3, then run "cmdhere" as admin and paste the command
    7. If everything went Ok with step 6.1 - > type "fastboot reboot" Now you will have CrDroid installed :D
    @vecino finally I was able to get GPay working on my device :D

I am using latest beta build (082619), Google Play Services beta 19.0.56 and latest GPay apk 2.96.

I followed these steps:
    -clean flash of ROM and gapps.
    -skip GPay setup on start.
    -flash magisk, then add SQLite module and SQL fix. It will hid GPay and other Google related apps.
    -reboot and a add card, then reboot again.
    -profit.