[Firmware] [Mi 8] Global / China | Stock firmware

Search This thread

dogsly

Apr 4, 2010
Kiev
4pda.ru
MIUI 9 | Android 8.1
It is FORBIDDEN to flash a Chinese device to a global firmware WITH LOCKED bootloader!
A Chinese device with a locked bootloader and a global firmware can turn into a brick!
Do not lock the bootloader when flashing the global firmware on a Chinese device!

If you need help
GLOBAL

China

Last edited:

carolef1984

Aug 10, 2014
Hi, thanks for these links. Does anyone know if i can install the global rom without my bootloader being unlocked?

carolef1984

Aug 10, 2014
I cant get it to install, guess i will have to wait the 360 hrs. Thanks anyway
Tried many different methods but they are all showing that the global rom is not an official rom, unless i am doing something wrong....

Last edited:

usman_hafeez

Sep 4, 2009
Hi, this is my first Xiaomi Phone. I have downloaded the Global Firmware. Can some one post instructions how to install it. I have a Mi 8 Chinese version with Unlocked Bootloader and want to install Global ROM. Thanks.

gallyjm

Aug 9, 2010
Somebody try this?
h t t p s://xiaomi. eu/community/threads/tutorial-flash-global-rom-on-bricked-locked-bl-and-w-o-edl.32091

Clear spaces

Reactions: aitor1982

noneym86

Sep 28, 2008
Tuguegarao City
Hi, this is my first Xiaomi Phone. I have downloaded the Global Firmware. Can some one post instructions how to install it. I have a Mi 8 Chinese version with Unlocked Bootloader and want to install Global ROM. Thanks.

On the same boat. I hope somebody can help us. Latest china beta with unlock bootloader. I am guessing we can flash through TWRP but I am not sure and I don't want to brick my device.

gallyjm

Aug 9, 2010
Caution, the CRC of drive file is different of other.

The CRC of recovery and yandex it's same.

edujb

Oct 30, 2007
1-And the fastboot of global versión???

2-I have de chinesse versión and bootloader close...
Whats the métod for install the global versión??

Please

Sent from my MI 8 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

gallyjm

Aug 9, 2010
1-And the fastboot of global versión???

2-I have de chinesse versión and bootloader close...
Whats the métod for install the global versión??

Please

Sent from my MI 8 using Tapatalk

I try this this night, when try i post the results.

Somebody try this?
h t t p s://xiaomi. eu/community/threads/tutorial-flash-global-rom-on-bricked-locked-bl-and-w-o-edl.32091

Clear spaces

Regards.

xiami8

Jul 18, 2018
I have an unlocked bootloader and the Chinese version, I tried flashing the global firmware using TWRP that I installed temporarily ( I wanted to keep the original recovery so I can lock the bootloader later on), I ended up with soft bricked phone, the phone booted to the main Welcome screen of which I can select a preferred language and region, there were tons of languages but only one region (China) and once selected, I started getting error message "Find devices closed unexpected" and the phone kept rebooting. I had to reinstall TWRP and sideload the Chinese firmware from my PC through ADB sideload to get my phone working again.

Last edited:

Athes35

May 4, 2011
hi,

You can download miui region fix.zip file and flash after rom. And you ll see all country at region section at start. Sorry for my bad eglish :) I hope I can help you.

---------- Post added at 07:35 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:34 AM ----------

I have an unlocked bootloader and the Chinese version, I tried flashing the global firmware using TWRP that I installed temporarily ( I wanted to keep the original recovery so I can lock the bootloader later on), I ended up with soft bricked phone, the phone booted to the main Welcome screen of which I can select a preferred language and region, there were tons of languages but only one region (China) and once selected, I started getting error message "Find devices closed unexpected" and the phone kept rebooting. I had to reinstall TWRP and sideload the Chinese firmware from my PC through ADB sideload to get my phone working again.

hi,

You can download miui region fix.zip file and flash after rom. And you ll see all country at region section at start. Sorry for my bad eglish I hope I can help you.

FromDuskTillDawn

Dec 12, 2015
after i flashed this with twrp i booted succesfully but faceunlock isnt in the menu and my camera dont works

ps: i have unlocked bootloader and had chinese rom before

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    MIUI 9 | Android 8.1
    It is FORBIDDEN to flash a Chinese device to a global firmware WITH LOCKED bootloader!
    A Chinese device with a locked bootloader and a global firmware can turn into a brick!
    Do not lock the bootloader when flashing the global firmware on a Chinese device!

If you need help
    GLOBAL

China
    Add GLOBAL 9.5.13.0 OEAMIFA Fastboot
    good evening everyone.
    finally I spent 360 long hours waiting, today I can install the global version and finally unlock the bootloader, before starting I wanted to know which build multilanguage more stable and if possible give me the link to download
    Global rom isn't released mate. In the meanwhile you can use xiaomi.eu rom and this rom has multilanguage.
    Sorry for my bad english

Gesendet von meinem MI 8 mit Tapatalk

To resurrect the phone, you will need a MI account with authorized access to the EDL. Look at the topic of Redmi 5 as they resurrect bricks. On our forum, several MI 8 & MI 8 SE have already been resurrected in this way.
    Instructions (RU)
    Yes german.

Gesendet von meinem ONEPLUS A6003 mit Tapatalk
    I've sent you a pn

---------- Post added at 11:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:21 PM ----------

Guys everybody who get the phone with china rom from the shop should wait for the fastboot version of the global rom, otherwise you will have problems bugs etc.. after install.