Whatever happened to exchangeable phone covers?

Search This thread

madmajd

Oct 31, 2011
Ontario
Remember back in the day when we used to exchange covers on our phone every time we felt like it? I remember when I had my Nokia 3310 and my 3650, I used to buy a new cover every month just cause it got boring. Now with the new phones, its a pain in the ass, and you void your warranty, and you can never find any housings with different colours. Bring back exchangeable phone covers please!!!!

Reactions: alexander2020

ttukka

Jul 6, 2010
One of my favourite old school phones i had was an Ericsson you could change the colour of the plastic at the base of the aerial.

Sent from me... to you... to me... to you...

PAPB0007

Jul 29, 2012
OnePlus 8T
Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra
I had an old Nokia with a clear case. The phone had enough LED's in it that I could and did use it as a flashlight at times. I think I still have that phone somewhere.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using Tapatalk 2

Sep 4, 2012
I was just online shopping for a replacement battery door *just* so I could get it in a different color.

I might just paint it like people custom paint their Xbox controllers.

Sent from my Incredible 2 using xda app-developers app

KingAmir

Aug 16, 2012
London
i think it is because manufacturers nowadays dislike the ability to self-fix phones and see the secrets. Many are also chasing the iPhone formula. Another reason is that non-removable could make the phone thinner. This is basically the selling points of many phones.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Remember back in the day when we used to exchange covers on our phone every time we felt like it? I remember when I had my Nokia 3310 and my 3650, I used to buy a new cover every month just cause it got boring. Now with the new phones, its a pain in the ass, and you void your warranty, and you can never find any housings with different colours. Bring back exchangeable phone covers please!!!!
    Nokia with glowing battery and case. Those were the days.