LG Tone+ Bluetooth headset - intermittent drops

Search This thread

DraginMagik

Mar 24, 2010
Not sure if it's my phone or my headset. Occasionally while talking the headset will tell me it's out of range and then reconnect (the phone is usually in my pocket or hand). I'll miss about 10-15sec of the conversation. Sometimes it'll do it repeatedly other times not as often. I don't have another Bluetooth headset to test with. I've had the headset about 8mths and this started happening about a month ago.
Any ideas?
Slimkat 4.4.2 weekly 2388
ATT JB Radio

- sent from my SlimLG

Dr0!dFreek

Jun 13, 2012
I have the exact same headset and I have never had that problem. I'm on the slimkat weekly 2560. It doesn't even start cutting out until I'm half way across my house.

Sent from my LG Optimus G using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

DraginMagik

Mar 24, 2010
K. Thanks. I'll look into a warranty claim.

Anyone know how/if different radios could affect this?

- sent from my SlimLG

milindchitale

Apr 30, 2010
ahmedabad
Samsung Galaxy Tab 4
Not sure if it's my phone or my headset. Occasionally while talking the headset will tell me it's out of range and then reconnect (the phone is usually in my pocket or hand). I'll miss about 10-15sec of the conversation. Sometimes it'll do it repeatedly other times not as often. I don't have another Bluetooth headset to test with. I've had the headset about 8mths and this started happening about a month ago.
Any ideas?
Slimkat 4.4.2 weekly 2388
ATT JB Radio

- sent from my SlimLG

Hi,
I would like to share an interesting observation I have also made about Bluetooth disconnections with phone in the pocket.
1) When the phone is in my shirt pocket, and I turn my head to its extreme, sometimes (not always), the connectivity gets disrupted. but unlike your experience, this is only for a secong, and as soon as I turn my head back to normal viewing angles, its ok.
2) with phone in trouser pocket, if I place my hand over the phone same disconet happens depending on which part of the phone gets covered.

Based on these two observations, and knowing that Bluetooth is a short range , line of sight connection, there is something in the materials your clothes include that probably inhibit the line of sight connectivity.

Hope that helps in understanding the momentary loss of BT connection, but not for a 15 seconds like you seem to be experiencing.

cheers
milind

bkl6

Sep 17, 2012
Bluetooth car audio disconnect and connect in cycle

I am experiencing similar issue with bluetooth audio calls in my car. I tried two separate KitKat roms (PSX & Beanstalk 4.4.225) and in both versions, phone bluetooth disconnected and reconnected, it seems like 20 seconds cycle. It would drop for about 5 seconds. I noticed the first it dropped was when the screen turned off. It is impossible to carry on a conversation as it would constantly connect and disconnect. Is this an issue with every kitkat rom?
I have E970.

Hi,
I would like to share an interesting observation I have also made about Bluetooth disconnections with phone in the pocket.
1) When the phone is in my shirt pocket, and I turn my head to its extreme, sometimes (not always), the connectivity gets disrupted. but unlike your experience, this is only for a secong, and as soon as I turn my head back to normal viewing angles, its ok.
2) with phone in trouser pocket, if I place my hand over the phone same disconet happens depending on which part of the phone gets covered.

Based on these two observations, and knowing that Bluetooth is a short range , line of sight connection, there is something in the materials your clothes include that probably inhibit the line of sight connectivity.

Hope that helps in understanding the momentary loss of BT connection, but not for a 15 seconds like you seem to be experiencing.

cheers
milind

DraginMagik

Mar 24, 2010
I am experiencing similar issue with bluetooth audio calls in my car. I tried two separate KitKat roms (PSX & Beanstalk 4.4.225) and in both versions, phone bluetooth disconnected and reconnected, it seems like 20 seconds cycle. It would drop for about 5 seconds. I noticed the first it dropped was when the screen turned off. It is impossible to carry on a conversation as it would constantly connect and disconnect. Is this an issue with every kitkat rom?
I have E970.

It must be a KitKat related issue because I didn't have the issue on JB (SlimBean). Thought it may have something to do with the radios. It's intermittent which is a blessing and a curse. I can go a week or two with no issue...then multiple times on a one call (I could put the phone down and make a sandwich if mom is talking...she'd not notice...thus a great tester for this kinda stuff)

I've tried several (if not all) KK radios...no noticeable impact on this issue.

I'm also on the e970.

Note: I'm not losing connection for 15 sec. The headset says 'out of range' then immediately 'connecting'...but it takes time to reconnect and get the phone conversation back. I usually power cycle the headset since it seems more likely to be stable...otherwise it's likely to disconnects/reconnects over and over and over.

- sent from my SlimLG

Last edited:

bkl6

Sep 17, 2012
Yes, this really seems to be KitKat issue. I installed ParanoidAndroid and it was somewhat better in a sense, it didn't disconnect/connect as often. I do think, bluetooth gets killed when the screen is turned off and then gets turned back on. I can provide with a log file if someone has any ideas on this issue. Definitely I do want to drive handsfree.

It must be a KitKat related issue because I didn't have the issue on JB (SlimBean). Thought it may have something to do with the radios. It's intermittent which is a blessing and a curse. I can go a week or two with no issue...then multiple times on a one call (I could put the phone down and make a sandwich if mom is talking...she'd not notice...thus a great tester for this kinda stuff)

I've tried several (if not all) KK radios...no noticeable impact on this issue.

I'm also on the e970.

Note: I'm not losing connection for 15 sec. The headset says 'out of range' then immediately 'connecting'...but it takes time to reconnect and get the phone conversation back. I usually power cycle the headset since it seems more likely to be stable...otherwise it's likely to disconnects/reconnects over and over and over.

- sent from my SlimLG

bkl6

Sep 17, 2012
Well, I think it may not be kk problem after all because I installed CyanogenMod version 11-20140225-nightly-e970 and I did not experience any issues so far. I will update if I encounter this issue in future.

When I had installed paranoidandroid beta 6, I did not have to install any radios either but still had issue.

For CM11, I did not have to flash any radios either and it is working without any issues till now.

Reactions: DraginMagik

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Well, I think it may not be kk problem after all because I installed CyanogenMod version 11-20140225-nightly-e970 and I did not experience any issues so far. I will update if I encounter this issue in future.

When I had installed paranoidandroid beta 6, I did not have to install any radios either but still had issue.

For CM11, I did not have to flash any radios either and it is working without any issues till now.