moto g bootloader finally locked again but the warning screen remain . help!

Search This thread

sobi1984

Jul 19, 2012
hello guys!

it is my first post.

we purchased for my sister the moto g and in order to make it more efficient with greenify etc i unlocked the bootloader and have a root but a week later when my sister took the moto g in her hands and had her sim cut (the guy in vodafone told her it is the same) the screen started blinking and the wifi died after 5 hours with her sim card.

so i had to re lock the bootloader and un root the device in order to ask for a replacement .

my problem is that my device is now

"DEVICE IS LOCKED. STATUS CODE : 2"

but

when i boot the device the warning screen with "warning bootloader unlocked" appears again..

what should i do in order to request an rma as the screen is blikining all the time and my device is wifi off always :(

thank you in advance

scott_doyland

Dec 8, 2011
hello guys!

it is my first post.

we purchased for my sister the moto g and in order to make it more efficient with greenify etc i unlocked the bootloader and have a root but a week later when my sister took the moto g in her hands and had her sim cut (the guy in vodafone told her it is the same) the screen started blinking and the wifi died after 5 hours with her sim card.

so i had to re lock the bootloader and un root the device in order to ask for a replacement .

but

when i boot the device the warning screen with "warning bootloader unlocked" appears again..

what should i do in order to request an rma as the screen is blikining all the time and my device is wifi off always :(

thank you in advance

Once you unlock bootloader the warranty is void even if you relock. There is a thread about how to alter the warning screen but is cosmetic only, it does not give you back your warranty.

tohigh

Mar 3, 2014
Realme X2 Pro
hello guys!

it is my first post.

but

thank you in advance

just flash the original logo?

Sent from my Moto G using Tapatalk

SimonTS

Oct 23, 2011
Bristol
Once you unlock bootloader the warranty is void even if you relock. There is a thread about how to alter the warning screen but is cosmetic only, it does not give you back your warranty.

Total and utter balls. Your warranty is only void as a result of unlocking the bootloader if the manufacturer can prove the damage to the phone was directly caused by the unlocking - such as if you overclock the device. Otherwise the warranty is still applicable - this has been stated time and again in UK and European cases.

liveroy

Jun 8, 2007
/dev/null
www.gear-bg.com
Read the post above. If you're from Europe, you got no problem asking for RMA, even if you've unlocked it.

But to get peace of mind, you can always flash the original logo ( may require unlocking the bootloader again, cos I'm not sure if you can flash unsigned images if the bootloader is locked, then lock it again).

Last edited:

scott_doyland

Dec 8, 2011
Total and utter balls. Your warranty is only void as a result of unlocking the bootloader if the manufacturer can prove the damage to the phone was directly caused by the unlocking - such as if you overclock the device. Otherwise the warranty is still applicable - this has been stated time and again in UK and European cases.

True, good luck taking Motorola to court to get your phone fixed should you ever need to though. I assume Motorola can afford better lawyers than most users.

SimonTS

Oct 23, 2011
Bristol
True, good luck taking Motorola to court to get your phone fixed should you ever need to though. I assume Motorola can afford better lawyers than most users.

You don't need to take them to court. In the UK it's covered by the "Sales of Goods Act", and in Europe there are similar things.

The phone manufacturers aren't actually stupid. They may try to not repair it, but as soon as you start quoting the relevant stuff at them they will back down because they can't afford to be in a bad light in front of the European courts - especially not with all the litigation going on at the moment.