[APP][1.0][MUI] locationAlarm - GPS Alarm [W|Q|VGA][9.11.2010]

Search This thread

brandi

May 4, 2007
GB
meettomy.site
OnePlus 7 Pro
This is the initial release of my latest Application called locationAlarm.

This App can wake you when you really need it! Not based on Alarm Time as usual, but on the location you are in right now!

You surely have heard about this kind of alarm Clocks existing for Android or iOS and now it does for Windows Mobile too!

As special functions of this program, it does warn you if the signaling does not work for ten minutes, and your phone does not know its location anymore!

Also it will warn you with the alarm sound if the batterie level gets critical.
It does not only work with GPS but also with Traingualtion

The Gui again is fingerfriendly (of course) and does rely on the superb SenseSDK 1.39.

Donations are very Welcome!

The Program is available in WWE, German, French, Dutch, Italian, Spanish and Leetspeak ;)

[Version 1.0]
+ Initial Version
+ MUI

If you want to follow my active Development visit http://erst0r.de/2010/11/09/locationalarm-v1-0-release/!

Screenshot2.png
Screenshot3.png
Screenshot4.png

Attachments

• locationAlarm1.cab
    1.5 MB · Views: 674
Last edited:
Reactions: aminima

sergio2007

Oct 8, 2007
This is perfect for when I come back from work on the train (one-hour ride). Set the alarm to wake me up when I get near my stop. Super cool!! Thanks.

vadim_bogaiskov

Sep 2, 2007
Moscow
Very interesting app!
Russian translation you can find inside new lng.xml (see attachment)

Attachments

• lng.zip
    6 KB · Views: 19
  • locAlarm.gif
    locAlarm.gif
    54.6 KB · Views: 67
Last edited:

RedRamage

Sep 11, 2008
Easy enough to get miles... just pick your miles and add half as many again... That'll give you pretty close for Kilometers. For example, if you want it within 5 miles just add 2.5 (5 / 2 = 2.5) to 5 and you get 7.5 km.

There's actually 1.6 KM per mile, but using 1.5 should be pretty close for a use like this.

pozi

Apr 4, 2007
This looks really cool.

One curiosity, triangulation information, you get it from Google?

Congratulations.
Pozi.

tobbbie

Jan 5, 2007
Stuttgart
Do you know about Cell Profile Switcher (CPS) - a freeware that does many things (also switching the profile on a smartphone) dependent on the location? Location is taken from the RIL (or read directly where possible) and you need to setup groups where you can assign actions to.
Not as accurate as GPS, but also no current drain overhead from the GPS unit or data-usage due to Google connection. It should be enough to wake you up when your commute in the train comes near your destination.

You find it at: http://maniac.fschreiner.de/
along with another famous one "Automatic Key Lock" - not any more so popular as WinMo smartphones are even more dead than touchscreen devices on WinMo are...

brandi

May 4, 2007
GB
meettomy.site
OnePlus 7 Pro
Yes, I know that Program, and tested it a while ago. It did not really work for me because:

The closer you come to big city centers, the smaller the network cells get. And if you are on a border region of a network cell, it may happen, that you dont connect to that cell every time!

I'll think of implementing an additional offline mode!
Btw: A request to google is only a few bytes of size, so the overhead is not to big.

tobbbie

Jan 5, 2007
Stuttgart
Yes, of course - CPS cannot replace what your program does. It was created when GPS was not so common on devices. Probably you can implement some more actions depending on the location and not only wake up?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This is the initial release of my latest Application called locationAlarm.

This App can wake you when you really need it! Not based on Alarm Time as usual, but on the location you are in right now!

You surely have heard about this kind of alarm Clocks existing for Android or iOS and now it does for Windows Mobile too!

As special functions of this program, it does warn you if the signaling does not work for ten minutes, and your phone does not know its location anymore!

Also it will warn you with the alarm sound if the batterie level gets critical.
    It does not only work with GPS but also with Traingualtion

The Gui again is fingerfriendly (of course) and does rely on the superb SenseSDK 1.39.

Donations are very Welcome!

The Program is available in WWE, German, French, Dutch, Italian, Spanish and Leetspeak ;)

[Version 1.0]
    + Initial Version
    + MUI

If you want to follow my active Development visit http://erst0r.de/2010/11/09/locationalarm-v1-0-release/!

Screenshot2.png
    Screenshot3.png
    Screenshot4.png