[Q] Is there an activation code generator coming out soon?

Search This thread

nadi15

Jun 13, 2010
Hi, I tried getting an activation code in any way but microsoft won't give me...does anybody know if there's a key generator or something coming out?

TheATHEiST

Sep 29, 2008
Hull
Samsung Galaxy S9+
Samsung Galaxy S21
Hi, I tried getting an activation code in any way but microsoft won't give me...does anybody know if there's a key generator or something coming out?

No, that was a rumor started by somebody who has been banned multiple times because hes a scammer. (afaik).

What do M$ say to you when you ring them?

If they say to ask your carrier just say that you've been on phone to them multiple times and they keep sending you to M$, others have said that and got key.

Reactions: Mr.Oug

nadi15

Jun 13, 2010
First time they asked for an IMEI number. the second time, then they asked for a phone number and when I gave them mine, they told me to contact M$ in my country...

and these calls cost A LOT for me...

bnlf

Apr 30, 2009
Rio de Janeiro
chat, email, calls....none of them worked for me. tried about 20 times with different ppl, methods, emails, story, etc.
gave up and bought a samsung focus. =]

vegaman

Jan 30, 2010
Auckland
First time they asked for an IMEI number. the second time, then they asked for a phone number and when I gave them mine, they told me to contact M$ in my country...

and these calls cost A LOT for me...

If you can't call them in your own country call the US support through skype - it's free. A code generator would be warez, and therefor not allowed on xda. Microsoft made a release vaguely saying that they don't really care and will continue giving away free codes.

nadi15

Jun 13, 2010
Tried e-mail 3 times with 3 different e-mails. they didn't gave me a code. I guess I'm out of luck or just stupid...:(

Last edited:

nadi15

Jun 13, 2010
I sent another email now without making up lots of stories and now they want my phone number, device, and name:eek:. What should i answer?(I told them I have hd7):confused::confused::confused:

creamy

Oct 4, 2006
Manchester
Its Easy

Hi Guys,

I did my HD2 yesterday and have another one to do once i get another class 6 memory card. I telephoned the German MS support number and after explaining that i was english and couldnt reach the english support number (so could she speak english?) explained that both myself and my girlfriend have just bought HD7's, the damn things wouldnt work without a key for live services and that the sales assistant mentioned nothing of this.
I offered to give both telephone numbers and asked if the one key code would work for both, she replied that she didnt need any telephone details from me as it doesnt matter and that she would have to give me 2 codes as one wouldnt work for both units. she then asked me for my name (i told her my name was fred something or other) and she then asked for an email address (i gave a fresh one i made for the pourpose without my details) A couple of minutes later she had generated both keys and gave them to me over the telephone.
She was really nice and well mannered and the whole thing was a breeze.

Really guys believe me when i say M$ do not give a damn about what handset you have. Its not like they are losing anything by giving out the keys, if anything they are creating potential marketplace shoppers.

I have an HD7 also and upon comparison the only difference i can see is camera quality, the function and feel is identical.

Best of luck to all those still trying,
Creamy ;)

haksam

Mar 1, 2009
you must be silly if you don't try the skype method and give up!!

- uses your wifi or 3g internet (so its practically free)
- calls are very clear (even clearer than a normal mobile call)
- masks your location (support guy only ask me if canada or us)
- no queue time
- call completed in less than 5 minutes

i called at CST 9am and only tried once

they did not ask for my phone number or imei, just full name and live id

writing down the 25 digit code can be a pain in the arse though if the support guy has a foreign accent (no racism intended), you will need to make sure you wrote it down correctly by repeating back to him, then thank him nicely and disconnect from Skype, enjoy your HD 7 phone :)

*HTC has a lot of free useful apps in the marketplace, I would suggest grabbing them asap after activation

Last edited:

sweesin82

Oct 21, 2008
i try chat chat service..they keep telling me contact HTC or sales office..i try few time even the proxy..finally..i get my code via the online email support @ microsoft website~~no nd phone number either ..wat i said is jus

"QUESTIONS OR COMMENTS
Message: Hi..can i request a new activation code for my HTC HD7?
thankz a lot.."

then the jus give me the code like tat~~waste a lot of time on the online chat~

nadi15

Jun 13, 2010
so should I give her my real name and phone and country even thought its not a US or UK number??

EDIT:done that...I hope i didnt make a mistake by telling her that i'm not from the us and my real phone number...

Last edited:

Essjaythegreat

Mar 28, 2010
I contacted ms and they quickly reply with this:

Dear Customer,

Thank you for contacting us. Kindly be advised that we will need you to send us the following information:

Name:
Phone Number:
Telephone Model:

I replyed with my details and im now waiting for a reply

for the ppl that have already received there activation key, how long did this process take?

stephandelaat

Mar 15, 2010
Tilburg
mscssar@mssupport.microsoft.com

"Hi,
I need a WP7 activation key to get live services working on my HD7"

And then they asked for my name and phone number..that's it

This was the reply i've got:

Dear Customer,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft regarding your issue.

Kindly be advised that you have reached Microsoft Customer Support for the Middle East. Kindly contact the Microsoft Support in your country by visiting the below link and select your country:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

No, that was a rumor started by somebody who has been banned multiple times because hes a scammer. (afaik).

What do M$ say to you when you ring them?

If they say to ask your carrier just say that you've been on phone to them multiple times and they keep sending you to M$, others have said that and got key.
    Chat Support

Installed WP7 on my HD2. Upon receiving the prompt for the Windows Live Activation code I started a "Chat with Technical Support" on Microsoft's website. Spoke to a representative for all of 3 minutes and had the activation code. She requested full name and phone number, and issued the code. Did not inquire about purchase or device model, or any other sensitive information.

In the chat options, the first link for Product Sales is what got me my activation code.

Would you like some fries with that activation code generator?

Sent from my HTC HD2 using XDA Premium App
    FYI : Getting activation code via chat or mail doesn't work for France. I tried both, MS just told me to call customer service, which is not free... too bad :( ...

From france i take twice an activation code by chat, without pb !!

par chat c'est sans problèmes, je l'ai déjà fait deux fois sans avoir ni numéro, ni Imei !!
    une petite visu de mon chat ^^
    SupportActiv_06.png
    SupportActiv_07.png
    Is there a chance anyone who was able to get the code to do it for us, if we provide you teh information required?

I have been trying to do that but no luck!

I can try if you want. I did mine some weeks ago.

:)