XDA TV (Dark Edition) v1.2

Search This thread

nathanpc

Retired Recognized Developer
Nov 20, 2009
Brazil
about.me

Warning: If the app isn't working, just drop me an email or post the problem here, you don't need to rate the app with 1 star and comment like: "The app isn't working". Thanks for the support

Now you can have all the XDA TV videos wherever you go using this application. Now on your phone, if you have a tablet you should get it here, also you can get the "normal theme" version here.

As many of you have seen, the tablet application got an update, featuring a new feed(that is hosted on my own server), description text and a poster image for each video. I'm now working to bring all of this to the phone version, so stay tuned. Maybe later today it will be finished :)

I've been working on this for a week. Making the layout using HTML and CSS3 was easy, but I got a lot of problems while trying to make the code work on Android, so I took a bit more to match the code for Android. At the time I can't find another way to open up the videos without firing up the browser to redirect to the Video application, the OS has a lot of problems with HTML5 Video tag so I've done it like this.

The technologies used on this application:

html5-badge-h-connectivity-css3-device-graphics-multimedia-performance-semantics-storage.png

SC20110809-224933.png
CAP201108092250.jpg

CAP201108041452.jpg

Changelog:

v1.2:
* Fixed the "Application Not Installed" bug (need testers to check this)
* The application now quit if you hit the back button while in the list view

v1.1.1:
* Fixed the no content error
* Dark Theme

v1.1:
* New feed
* Description added to the video view

v1.0.1:
* Everything works

Last edited:

countblack

Jul 21, 2004
Hi, don't know if this is just me but the app doesn't work for me. I get no response when i click on the icon. I am running a DHD with CM7 in case that helps. I'll give the normal verion a go now and see if that works.

EDIT: I uninstalled and installed the 'normal' phone version, i get a bit further: a black screen and then an application error "THe connection to the server was unsuccessful. (file:///android_asset/www/index.html)"

Hope that helps?

Last edited:

nathanpc

Nov 20, 2009
Brazil
about.me
Hi, don't know if this is just me but the app doesn't work for me. I get no response when i click on the icon. I am running a DHD with CM7 in case that helps. I'll give the normal verion a go now and see if that works.

EDIT: I uninstalled and installed the 'normal' phone version, i get a bit further: a black screen and then an application error "THe connection to the server was unsuccessful. (file:///android_asset/www/index.html)"

Hope that helps?

First Problem: I'm trying to solve this. Strangely PhoneGap is having bugs to work on some ROMs.

Second Problem: That means the app took too long to contact the server(usually because your connection is slow at the time). Just try again and it might work.

I have also a problem, i cant select the first item in the list. (Phone Edition)

I've tested this on both and I had no problem with it on my Galaxy S, Droid and Touch Pro2(Froyo).

Uh... where's the dl link?

Sent from my mind using a HTC Intruder

https://market.android.com/details?id=com.nathanpc.xdatv.phone.black

countblack

Jul 21, 2004
Thanks for looking into it, I seem to be having problems with the ' normal' phone version too. Let me know if there is anything you need to know, or if you want some testing done.

Sent from my Desire HD using XDA App

musafir84

Aug 16, 2011
vfriendz.com

Hope that helps?

I have the same problem as in the "EDIT:" above...

nathanpc

Nov 20, 2009
Brazil
about.me
The "The connection to the server was unsuccessful. (file:///android_asset/www/index.html)" problem will be rolling out tomorrow, since it's a server fix and I'll only have time to do it tomorrow, this is happening because your connection might be slow and the app is trying to fetch the entire XDA TV library(all the episodes since the first one), which is causing timeouts. The solution will be to remove the very very old episodes, making the list smaller and reducing the problems with timeouts. :)

A new version of the app might come out later that will support reading the "old archive", which will be created tomorrow.

PS: I'm having tests this week on the university, plus I need to work, so I'm not having much time to develop

nathanpc

Nov 20, 2009
Brazil
about.me
Just pushed the server-side fix. I'll be working to replace the black screen on the opening with a fancy splash screen :)

mikshepard

Apr 7, 2010
Minneapolis
The feed doesn't seem to be updating on this app. Been checking it for a bit now and it doesn't update while there are newer episodes out. The last one showing on this app is "Nexus, Ice Cream Sandwich, and a Contest to win an HTC Amaze 4G", which is a bit outdated. Anyone else having this problem?

-Mike

nathanpc

Nov 20, 2009
Brazil
about.me
Sorry, I've been working hard and also trying to completely redesign the XDA TV app so I can't update the feed, but I'll try to do it today.

Sorry

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Warning: If the app isn't working, just drop me an email or post the problem here, you don't need to rate the app with 1 star and comment like: "The app isn't working". Thanks for the support

Now you can have all the XDA TV videos wherever you go using this application. Now on your phone, if you have a tablet you should get it here, also you can get the "normal theme" version here.

As many of you have seen, the tablet application got an update, featuring a new feed(that is hosted on my own server), description text and a poster image for each video. I'm now working to bring all of this to the phone version, so stay tuned. Maybe later today it will be finished :)

I've been working on this for a week. Making the layout using HTML and CSS3 was easy, but I got a lot of problems while trying to make the code work on Android, so I took a bit more to match the code for Android. At the time I can't find another way to open up the videos without firing up the browser to redirect to the Video application, the OS has a lot of problems with HTML5 Video tag so I've done it like this.

The technologies used on this application:

html5-badge-h-connectivity-css3-device-graphics-multimedia-performance-semantics-storage.png

SC20110809-224933.png
    CAP201108092250.jpg

CAP201108041452.jpg

Changelog:

v1.2:
    * Fixed the "Application Not Installed" bug (need testers to check this)
    * The application now quit if you hit the back button while in the list view

v1.1.1:
    * Fixed the no content error
    * Dark Theme

v1.1:
    * New feed
    * Description added to the video view

v1.0.1:
    * Everything works