[Q] OTG USB SD Card Reader

Search This thread

izzyisawesome

Jun 20, 2012
Does anyone have any ideas of a Card Reader that you can plug in your Android phone and Computer later?
I found the Patriot Cosmos but i want one that protects the SD card a little bit more and is smaller. Thank you

bhiga

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Oct 13, 2010
I have the Patriot Cosmos. To be honest, it's tough to get much smaller than that unless you want to get rid of the full-size SD card and only want MicroSD.

You can just get a USB OTG adapter cable that goes MicroUSB male to USB A Female (standard USB port) and that should allow you to use most USB card readers that don't require special drivers.

Reactions: izzyisawesome

LGG3

Aug 7, 2014
SD card

I have the Patriot Cosmos. To be honest, it's tough to get much smaller than that unless you want to get rid of the full-size SD card and only want MicroSD.

You can just get a USB OTG adapter cable that goes MicroUSB male to USB A Female (standard USB port) and that should allow you to use most USB card readers that don't require special drivers.

I see in the product write-ups that it reads SDcards and MicroSDcards but have not seen a picture showing a SDcard plugged in Is it possible to post a pic of the cosmos with an SDcard plugged into it?

Thanks

bhiga

Oct 13, 2010
I see in the product write-ups that it reads SDcards and MicroSDcards but have not seen a picture showing a SDcard plugged in Is it possible to post a pic of the cosmos with an SDcard plugged into it?
Since you asked nicely. ;)

The three readers I have on hand: (with USB plug upright, ie not seam-up, pins on bottom)
  • Patriot Cosmos USB 2.0 reader - SD goes in side face down, MicroSD goes in same side face up above the SD
  • IOgear GFR304SD USB 3.0 reader - SD goes in side face up, MicroSD goes in end face down
  • Generic USB 2.0 reader - SD goes in side face up

Of course only the Cosmos has the OTG microUSB plug.
The SD card sticks out the same amount on all of them.

Attachments

• SDReaders.jpg
    SDReaders.jpg
    180.7 KB · Views: 24
Reactions: LGG3

LGG3

Aug 7, 2014
Perfect! Thanks. :thumbup: I was looking for a way to transfer my photos from my camera to my phone.

Sent from my VS985 4G using XDA Free mobile app

bhiga

Oct 13, 2010
Perfect! Thanks. :thumbup: I was looking for a way to transfer my photos from my camera to my phone.
Another plus for the Cosmos - you can plug both MicroUSB and standard USB simultaneously - though I do not believe you can use the card reader in this configuration. I don't recommend it for day to day use, but if you're in a pinch and have no other means to charge your phone, etc...

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Since you asked nicely. ;)

The three readers I have on hand: (with USB plug upright, ie not seam-up, pins on bottom)
    • Patriot Cosmos USB 2.0 reader - SD goes in side face down, MicroSD goes in same side face up above the SD
    • IOgear GFR304SD USB 3.0 reader - SD goes in side face up, MicroSD goes in end face down
    • Generic USB 2.0 reader - SD goes in side face up

Of course only the Cosmos has the OTG microUSB plug.
    The SD card sticks out the same amount on all of them.