Xposed for the x86-64 architecture?

Search This thread

tiaxdaun

Jul 18, 2016
You heard it here @rovo89. @moriel5 @veaceslav @tripper22 @tiaxdaun, and possibly @navyjosh and @Maromi. You've got yourself 6 testers, please release an alpha build of Xposed x86_64 that we can test for you, I'm sure the community as a whole would also appreciate it as 64-bit Intel handhelds become more common and Androidx86/RemixOS more popular. Plus I hear google will be releasing Andromeda soon, which based on the descriptions I've heard at least, sounds quite a lot like RemixOS, both functionally and aesthetically so maybe an Xposed x86_64 release would be of some use there as well.

moriel5

Jul 20, 2013
Google Nexus 4
Nexus 7
You heard it here @rovo89. @moriel5@veaceslav@tripper22@tiaxdaun, and possibly @navyjosh and @Maromi. You've got yourself 6 testers, please release an alpha build of Xposed x86_64 that we can test for you, I'm sure the community as a whole would also appreciate it as 64-bit Intel handhelds become more common and Androidx86/RemixOS more popular. Plus I hear google will be releasing Andromeda soon, which based on the descriptions I've heard at least, sounds quite a lot like RemixOS, both functionally and aesthetically so maybe an Xposed x86_64 release would be of some use there as well.

I also know about other guys over at the Remix OS forums who will may be willing to test it as well.

tripper22

Feb 13, 2008
We know you are busy @rovo89 and we greatly appreciate all the work that you do. Can you let us know what we can do to help you make this a reality? Thanks.

wangiles

Feb 17, 2008
would really be a big help if @rovo89 is willing to help on this. The only thing that's really maximising my tablet usage.

about the device for @rovo89 compilation; can't we just crowdfund this project? I'm sure there are willing desperate x64 intel device users around. (like me. hehe)

tiaxdaun

Jul 18, 2016
It saddens me that this thread has been open for half a year, and has recieved so much support from potential testers, yet no response from @rovo89 since it was opened. I was reminded of this thread when I very recently switched back from RemixOS to Android-x86, and attempted to install Xposed again. Using v87 and 6.0-RC2 I made it farther than I previously had on any other x86_64 version of Xposed, though it admittedly wasn't far. This time around I only had to edit one line in the flash-script instead of 5-6 to stop it from immediately quitting, and when it claimed the package was not for my architecture it returned "Wrong Platform: x64 This file is for: x86". This was a pretty large step up from my last attempts (with both RemixOS 6.0, and Android-x86 6.0-RC1) where it mistakenly claimed my architecture was ARM even though I had Android installed on a machine running an i3. This was most likely a bug or bodge of some sort in Android-x86 rather than anything to do with xposed, but in either event that is a tiny step closer. I still hope @rovo89 either develops an x86_64 specific version of Xposed or includes x64 support into the existing x86 version in the future, seeing as I am stuck with the infamous post-MK3 bootloader SGH-i337 as my only actual mobile, and am thus very restriced in my ability to test or build more involved software on android outside of an Android-x86 installation. On top of that 6.0-RC1 32-bit has some very serious bugs that leaves it unusable on my machine, 6.0-RC1 64-bit not only suffers from most of the same bugs, but also isn't compatible with Xposed, and 6.0-RC2 32-bit has issues with the installer that prevent it from properly booting on my machine (the installed OS not the installer), so my only real chance to develop system tweaks or module based software is if we get an x86_64 version of Xposed. :(

Reactions: brainvision

tiaxdaun

Jul 18, 2016
So, here's a little tid-bit: during my last attempt to install Xposed something caught my eye before I rebooted to encounter a bootloop, the line "cp: .//system/lib64/libart.so: file not found" so I decided to comb through the flash-script.sh file, and found something interesting:

echo "- Placing files"
install_nobackup /system/xposed.prop 0 0 0644
install_nobackup /system/framework/XposedBridge.jar 0 0 0644

install_and_link /system/bin/app_process32 0 2000 0755 u:eek:bject_r:zygote_exec:s0
install_overwrite /system/bin/dex2oat 0 2000 0755 u:eek:bject_r:dex2oat_exec:s0
install_overwrite /system/bin/oatdump 0 2000 0755
install_overwrite /system/bin/patchoat 0 2000 0755 u:eek:bject_r:dex2oat_exec:s0
install_overwrite /system/lib/libart.so 0 0 0644
install_overwrite /system/lib/libart-compiler.so 0 0 0644
install_overwrite /system/lib/libart-disassembler.so 0 0 0644
install_overwrite /system/lib/libsigchain.so 0 0 0644
install_nobackup /system/lib/libxposed_art.so 0 0 0644
if [ $IS64BIT ]; then
install_and_link /system/bin/app_process64 0 2000 0755 u:eek:bject_r:zygote_exec:s0
install_overwrite /system/lib64/libart.so 0 0 0644
install_overwrite /system/lib64/libart-compiler.so 0 0 0644
install_overwrite /system/lib64/libart-disassembler.so 0 0 0644
install_overwrite /system/lib64/libsigchain.so 0 0 0644
install_nobackup /system/lib64/libxposed_art.so 0 0 0644
fi

Now the first thing you'll notice here is that this is where the actual installation occurs in the script. Allow me to direct your attention to the middle of that block, the line
followed by the installation of a few 64-bit components. I dug around my filesystem for a couple of minutes and found that I do indeed have the file
/system/lib64/libart.so
(thankfully :p) so I checked the system folder contained in the flashable zip, and sure enough, no /lib64/libart.so. Now this may just be junk code left over from the ARM64 version, seeing as of the three version the ARM64 is the only one to contain a lib64 folder, however it does seem odd that this code would be left in for the ARM and x86 copies.

Reactions: brainvision

Psipherious

Apr 27, 2012
You guys can count me in as another tester for x86_64 alpha/beta version.
I've got a Xiaomi Mi Pad 2 running Lollipop 5.1.1 that I would love to test Xposed on.
Bring it to us @rovo89 !!

darren1

Oct 31, 2010

Psipherious

Apr 27, 2012
Update Jan 19th, 2017:
First of all, the files you linked me directly to, unfortunately none of them have updater-binary's in them, but if you search through the post you can find updated zip files for 5.1.1 that does have the updater-binary.

That zip is available here: https://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=67250977&postcount=40

Anyway, I tried that one and sadly it has caused a bootloop.

Unfortunately I'm unable to get a logcat of it due to a dual-boot setup that doesn't allow me to access my TWRP without booting to recovery from within Android.

If I can resolve that problem though (something I'm still working on separately) then I'll try this again down the road and get a LogCat.

If we get any official alpha versions compiled by @rovo89 I'd be willing to give those a shot on my existing setup as well.

tony8077616

Jul 23, 2014
Taichung
I could try to compile it, but I don't have a device for testing...

Sir
In Taiwan's Asus ZenTalk forum has compile Xposed x86_64 v87 SDK23,use with Zenfone2(the other version SDK21 and system-less mode also compile),which CPU used with Intel x86_64.

Flash its x86 also can used on x86_64

It also test good on Zenfone2

compiler also in XDA:
https://xdaforums.com/member.php?u=1813976

Follow his Link on ZenTalk:
https://www.asus.com/zentalk/tw/thread-194569-1-1.html

Last edited:

youling257

Nov 16, 2013
Sir
In Taiwan's Asus ZenTalk forum has compile Xposed x86_64 v87 SDK23,use with Zenfone2(the other version SDK21 and system-less mode also compile),which CPU used with Intel x86_64.

compiler also in XDA:

do you know 64K32U and 64K64U ? 64 bits kernel 64 bits userspace

Ruben Craveiro

Feb 18, 2015
Lisboa
Sir

compiler also in XDA:

no updater binary ... error / Edit you couldve said it's a .bat file for windows..

sindanggalak

Mar 2, 2017
Hello, I have been trying to Install Xposed on 5.1.1, but i seem to have no success in doing the same.
The error i am getting after flashing xposed-v87-sdk22 is "Xposed is not(yet) comapatible w:crying:ith Android DK 22 or your processot architecture.(armeabi-v7a).
CANNOT LINK EXCECUTABLE Dependencies : library "libdvm.so" not found"
Please help me out as soon as you can.
Please gv me the link to download necessary files too.

Berdi86

Mar 23, 2013
Schmalkalden
i have a Android X64_64 Bit original device , wit a original dualboot. Now i have rooted it with magisk systemless root, TWRP 2.8.7blaa is also working, but i don´t find a fitting XPosed framework zip for Intel X86_64bit! ****! all xposed frameworks are for arm64 or intel X86... PS, the OS is Android 6.0.1, called Marshmallow SDK23...
Has anyone a idea how to solve?

---------- Post added at 09:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:52 PM ----------

update: i tested to flash many intel x86 versions of xposed framework zip. wrong android version or wrong platform is the only result.
but i have Android 6.0.1 and intel X86...

Reactions: jonathankags

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I could try to compile it, but I don't have a device for testing...
    Are there any plans for an x86-64 Xposed?
    For the 64 bit Android-x86 and 64-bit Remix OS.
    You heard it here @rovo89. @moriel5 @veaceslav @tripper22 @tiaxdaun, and possibly @navyjosh and @Maromi. You've got yourself 6 testers, please release an alpha build of Xposed x86_64 that we can test for you, I'm sure the community as a whole would also appreciate it as 64-bit Intel handhelds become more common and Androidx86/RemixOS more popular. Plus I hear google will be releasing Andromeda soon, which based on the descriptions I've heard at least, sounds quite a lot like RemixOS, both functionally and aesthetically so maybe an Xposed x86_64 release would be of some use there as well.
    would really be a big help if @rovo89 is willing to help on this. The only thing that's really maximising my tablet usage.

about the device for @rovo89 compilation; can't we just crowdfund this project? I'm sure there are willing desperate x64 intel device users around. (like me. hehe)
    I'm willing to test it on Remix OS on my desktop.
    Although as a warning, I barely have any time lately, so results could arrive after some time.
    There is also Android-x86, which I'm sure that someone could use for testing.

About Remix OS, I'm sure you know, but it's API22.
    Android-x86, again I'm sure that you already know, has both API22 and 23 (6.0.1RC).
    Pheonix OS is also API22.