Otterbox

Search This thread

drtnsnw

Sep 27, 2009
I have the defender and love it!! VZW threw it in when I picked up my Rezound. Way nicer than my wifes on her iphone. Rubber stays put, covers for the ports and nice rounded edges.

Chris

flexor224

Nov 4, 2010
Phoenix,AZ
I ordered one last night directory from Otterbox. I had one on my DI and loved it. I'll post pics when it comes in. It looks pretty nice in the pictures. The cases Verizon had sucked. I got a gel case for temporary. Guy said I had 14 days to return it as long as it wasn’t all beat up. Only Otterbox case Verizon had was the defender. And that's just too much case IMHO.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk

con247

Retired Recognized Developer
Sep 1, 2010
Ann Arbor
I am not sure what to do. I can either order an otterbox and hope it comes before thanksgiving and have it delivered to my house or I can have it delivered to me at school but I will be almost a week without a case then

UHF3

May 22, 2010
Did they have the commuter in stock in the store?

Just got off the phone with V got an early upgrade to the Rezound and the fellow asked if I needed to order a case. They only had the Ottterbox Defender. I had already ordered a Commutter direct from Otterbox. The two shall meet on Monday and become one. :)

con247

Retired Recognized Developer
Sep 1, 2010
Ann Arbor
Not sure if it will be delivered by wednesday or the friday after thanksgiving. I am not sure if I should ship it to school or my house where I will be next week.

platinumrims

Dec 28, 2010
Also just ordered mine. Mad they dont have faster shipping options. Defender is way to large for me lol. (That's wut she said) but I ordered the commuter yesterday so i should have it early next week. Its looks good IMO. Hopefully it feels just as good..

I also hope maybe it will have a cover for the camera. As the battery plate doesn't... Scared my lenses is gonna scratch and give me nexus quality pictures :-(

xderekaustinx

Jan 22, 2010
Dallas, TX
I picked up the defender yesterday, and actually really like it. I generally get the commuter as well, but it has a great feel to it. It makes the buttons MUCH easier to use, which is a huge plus in my opinion. It also offers a very good screen protector that doesn't take away from the screen clarity like the protectors VZW sells.

We will have to see how long I can do with the rubber picking up lint (which it does, quite a bit actually)...but I have to say I like it better than all the other cases I've tried at my local Verizon store.

shmio

Mar 20, 2007
I have the otterbox commuter series for my rezound. Love it. They've turned me into a serious fanboi. Fit is absolutely flawless. The hard plastic shell is great too. I'm not using the screen protector.

If you're on the fence regarding this case...don't be.

Best phone accessory I've owned.

platinumrims

Dec 28, 2010
I have the otterbox commuter series for my rezound. Love it. They've turned me into a serious fanboi. Fit is absolutely flawless. The hard plastic shell is great too. I'm not using the screen protector.

If you're on the fence regarding this case...don't be.

Best phone accessory I've owned.

Otterbox has been my #1 for a long time. All their cases are great. And their warranty is too. Does the commuter have any kind of cover for the camera lense? Or is it thick enough to not be an issue?

shmio

Mar 20, 2007
Otterbox has been my #1 for a long time. All their cases are great. And their warranty is too. Does the commuter have any kind of cover for the camera lense? Or is it thick enough to not be an issue?

Nothing physically over the lens. However it does offset the lens roughly a 1/16th of an inch. Enough so you can slide it across a table without worry. It's the same with the screen. I don't use the included screen protector so that offset is key.

Last edited:

platinumrims

Dec 28, 2010
Yea I noticed that my delivery date changed from the 22nd to the 25th... PisseD. Was gonna cancel. But I can't find them anywhere else that ships faster. So I guess ill wait lol :-\

etjrowe

Oct 22, 2007
Virginia
Has anyone tried the Commuter? I think the defender would just be more than I need. My only major problem with this phone is the WORTHLESS flush mounter buttons. I always almost drop my phone trying to use them. I know at least one person has said that the Defender makes the buttons much easier to use, can anyone attest to this being the same on the Commuter? From the picture they look nice and raised like on the Defender, but I want to be sure, as right now whatever case I get will be based largely on making the buttons easier to press.

Also, how does that membrane on the Defender work? Is it just a sheet of plastic connected to the case rather than stuck to the screen? Wouldn't dust and/or moisture get trapped under there?

Top Liked Posts