A very AOSP kang for the Epic 4G Touch. :P :) :D :/ ^_^ edition.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

bubby323

Jul 31, 2010
Michigan City, IN
A very AOSP Kang for the Epic 4G Touch

:p :) :D :/ ^_^ Get it because SMS is working? No? Lame joke anyways. :p

Code:
#include 
 * Your warranty is now void.
 * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
 * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
 * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
 * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
 * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
 */

IMAG0001.jpg

The moment you have all been anxiously awaiting has come.

Without further waiting, I give to you Cyanogenmod 7.2 for the Samsung Epic 4G Touch.

This is the output of many sleepless nights over the past two weeks, fixing things, working on the kernel, flashing, logging, and testing.

This is a personal kang compiled by me, using the device files I created using Teamhacksung's as a template.

Currently Working

3G
Data
Auto Rotation
Sound
WiFi
Calls
Camera

Currently Not Working

4G
GPS
Bluetooth
Haptic feedback
External SD not mounting.
Unable to dial emergency numbers (911)

Anything else i missed, that you find please report back here.

Contributers

Bubby323
Deano0714
TCP
AproSamurai (data over 3G)
HaiKaiDo (upcoming SMS fix, pointing in the right direction)
jt1134 (actual code for the SMS fix)
codeworkx (helpfulness)

TeamHacksung
CyanogenMod

Samsung
Sprint

Before downloading and flashing this you acknowledge that there are bugs, and that this is an alpha ROM and in no way finished.

Downloads

RC0

RC1 See change log below.

Google Apps

How to Flash

Boot into ClockworkMod recovery.
Go into Mounts and Storage.
Mount system (or make sure it's already mounted).
Flash update-cm-7.2.0-RC1-epic4gtouch-KANG-signed.zip followed by gapps-gb-20110828-signed.zip before rebooting.

Reboot.
Be patient until the ROM boots to the lockscreen.
Enjoy!

Notes

First boot will take a few minutes, be patient.

Donations

Donations aren't in any way needed or expected, but if you like what I've been doing you can donate to me here.

Last edited:

bubby323

Jul 31, 2010
Michigan City, IN
GPL

Everything involved with this project can be found on my personal github.

The prebuilt kernel source is here, and the device files that I have been working on alot are here.

All of the above, just like the ROM itself are a work in progress, but are useful along with my Twitter to stay in touch with the progress I am making.

You can see all the commits I have made to the device files here, and know the exact minute when I fix something worth while like SMS or GPS (here shortly).

Last edited:

bubby323

Jul 31, 2010
Michigan City, IN
To Be Worked On

GPS
Bluetooth
Haptic feedback
External SD support.

RC1

Fixed SMS and MMS receiving through the stock messaging app. Thanks to HaiKaiDo for pointing me in the right direction and jt1134 for the actual code that fixed SMS and MMS receiving.

Fixed sensors, now you can pull the phone away from your face during a call and see the screen light up like normal.

You will need to disable Google Voice integration to receive SMS and MMS in the stock messaging application.

Last edited:

Epix4G

Sep 14, 2011
phoenix
thanks

Hey bubby and crew thanks for all the work .... will be donating on friday ....

??? link to gapps or does it matter ??? will the ones for ics sandwich 3d work ??

Last edited:
Reactions: majmuni

cidica

Aug 9, 2008
Seattle, Wa
I honestly can't wait till you guys get SMS and MMS working. I've missed CyanogenMod but I'll have to wait since I txt a LOT!

downtrodn

Oct 20, 2009
seems like the zip was removed :(
Bummer. If anyone wants to mirror the file I'd really appreciate it :) its CM7.2!
EDIT... got it. Probly Fromm too much traffic ;)
sent from my Samsung GalaxyS 2!

badname

Feb 8, 2010
somehow i feel like light-autoroatation.zip us not what i came here for, please correct me if im wrong

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    A very AOSP Kang for the Epic 4G Touch

:p :) :D :/ ^_^ Get it because SMS is working? No? Lame joke anyways. :p

Code:
    #include 
     * Your warranty is now void.
     * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
     */

IMAG0001.jpg

The moment you have all been anxiously awaiting has come.

Without further waiting, I give to you Cyanogenmod 7.2 for the Samsung Epic 4G Touch.

This is the output of many sleepless nights over the past two weeks, fixing things, working on the kernel, flashing, logging, and testing.

This is a personal kang compiled by me, using the device files I created using Teamhacksung's as a template.

Currently Working

3G
    Data
    Auto Rotation
    Sound
    WiFi
    Calls
    Camera

Currently Not Working

4G
    GPS
    Bluetooth
    Haptic feedback
    External SD not mounting.

Anything else i missed, that you find please report back here.

Contributers

Bubby323
    Deano0714
    TCP
    AproSamurai (data over 3G)
    HaiKaiDo (upcoming SMS fix, pointing in the right direction)
    jt1134 (actual code for the SMS fix)
    codeworkx (helpfulness)

TeamHacksung
    CyanogenMod

Samsung
    Sprint

Before downloading and flashing this you acknowledge that there are bugs, and that this is an alpha ROM and in no way finished.

Downloads

RC0

RC1 See change log below.

Google Apps

How to Flash

Boot into ClockworkMod recovery.
    Go into Mounts and Storage.
    Mount system (or make sure it's already mounted).
    Flash update-cm-7.2.0-RC1-epic4gtouch-KANG-signed.zip followed by gapps-gb-20110828-signed.zip before rebooting.

Reboot.
    Be patient until the ROM boots to the lockscreen.
    Enjoy!

Notes

First boot will take a few minutes, be patient.

Donations

Donations aren't in any way needed or expected, but if you like what I've been doing you can donate to me here.
    GPL

Everything involved with this project can be found on my personal github.

The prebuilt kernel source is here, and the device files that I have been working on alot are here.

All of the above, just like the ROM itself are a work in progress, but are useful along with my Twitter to stay in touch with the progress I am making.

You can see all the commits I have made to the device files here, and know the exact minute when I fix something worth while like SMS or GPS (here shortly).
    To Be Worked On

GPS
    Bluetooth
    Haptic feedback
    External SD support.

RC1

Fixed SMS and MMS receiving through the stock messaging app. Thanks to HaiKaiDo for pointing me in the right direction and jt1134 for the actual code that fixed SMS and MMS receiving.

Fixed sensors, now you can pull the phone away from your face during a call and see the screen light up like normal.

You will need to disable Google Voice integration to receive SMS and MMS in the stock messaging application.
    Im still here. Working on fixing everything.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using XDA App
    I see you have a link for donations, but no link to source so that people can actually work on this project.

Hilarious.

Anyways, I'll side step your clear intent in this matter to help this community out since I think everyone's a prick anyways; regardless of how many times you've high five'd me in the hallway.

First things first, and I say this outright so you can cover your ass from any legal trouble that might come your way. Mkasick fixed the e911 for all samsung cdma RIL variants that hook into the telephony framework. I must say that it's a bit reckless of you to ask people to test something that you can't even understand in how or if it functions correctly. So do yourself a favor and repo sync and do another build. Don't worry, someone else fixed it for you.

As for the rest of your bugs, and I post this just because I know there is some competence in this community; people who don't outright attempt to sell themselves so that they'd actually work on things:

First thing you'll notice in the radio log when attempting to send an SMS, even when it has content, it'll display that the size is null:
    Code:
    D/SMS     ( 2820): SMS send size=0time=1323675534436

D/RILJ    ( 2820): [0026]> RIL_REQUEST_CDMA_SEND_SMS

D/RILC    ( 2617): [0026]> CDMA_SEND_SMS (uTeleserviceID=4098, bIsServicePresent=0, uServicecategory=0,             sAddress.digit_mode=0, sAddress.Number_mode=0, sAddress.number_type=0, )

The receiver(the other end) does however receive the message, but it, just like what's sent, is null:

Code:
    D/SMS     ( 2820): New SMS Message Received

E/SMS     ( 2820): BearerData decode failed: com.android.internal.telephony.cdma.sms.BearerData$CodingException: illegal duplicate subparameter (0)

E/SMS     ( 2820): Exception dispatching message

E/SMS     ( 2820): java.lang.NullPointerException

E/SMS     ( 2820):      at com.android.internal.telephony.cdma.SmsMessage.parseSms(SmsMessage.java:714)

E/SMS     ( 2820):      at com.android.internal.telephony.cdma.CdmaSMSDispatcher.dispatchMessage(CdmaSMSDispatcher.java:122)

E/SMS     ( 2820):      at com.android.internal.telephony.SMSDispatcher.handleMessage(SMSDispatcher.java:302)

E/SMS     ( 2820):      at android.os.Handler.dispatchMessage(Handler.java:99)

E/SMS     ( 2820):      at android.os.Looper.loop(Looper.java:130)

E/SMS     ( 2820):      at android.app.ActivityThread.main(ActivityThread.java:3835)

E/SMS     ( 2820):      at java.lang.reflect.Method.invokeNative(Native Method)

E/SMS     ( 2820):      at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:507)

E/SMS     ( 2820):      at com.android.internal.os.ZygoteInit$MethodAndArgsCaller.run(ZygoteInit.java:864)

E/SMS     ( 2820):      at com.android.internal.os.ZygoteInit.main(ZygoteInit.java:622)

E/SMS     ( 2820):      at dalvik.system.NativeStart.main(Native Method)

I hope everyone is following along, since this is about as easy as things get.

The problem is that the inputted content from the sender, is not parsed correctly by the SMSDispatcher which is contained in the telephony framework. There are numerous fields that are handled by the RIL, and this simply shows that the sent data is just a little bit different than what the current cyanogenmod samsungril expects.

I haven't completely traced this, as I don't have the device and I've only received what to me seem to be not-compiled-from-source logs.