[Q] Xperia S Camera(Photo) choppy

Search This thread

elevation_2

Aug 26, 2011
Hi Guys,

Just got an Xperia S. I have an issue with the camera. The video is very choppy when taking a picture. Its like I'm shooting the picture in night mode(And I'm not). All settings are default.

Now when i record video its perfect.

Its kind of hard to explain so I've made a video of it which is attached.

Just like to mention that in the camera settings my "Focus mode" setting is greyed out when in the photo mode.(Don't know if this is significant.

My exposure is set to 0. If i bring it all the way down to -2 image isn't choppy anymore but it becomes way too dark.

Anyone else having this issue? Any idea if this is an issue or is the camera like this?

Would it be possible to delete the camera app and reinstall it?

Thanks in advance

Attachments

• IMG_0488.MOV.zip
    3.5 MB · Views: 80

awf

May 9, 2008
Hi Guys,

Just got an Xperia S. I have an issue with the camera. The video is very choppy when taking a picture. Its like I'm shooting the picture in night mode(And I'm not). All settings are default.

Now when i record video its perfect.

Its kind of hard to explain so I've made a video of it which is attached.

Just like to mention that in the camera settings my "Focus mode" setting is greyed out when in the photo mode.(Don't know if this is significant.

My exposure is set to 0. If i bring it all the way down to -2 image isn't choppy anymore but it becomes way too dark.

Anyone else having this issue? Any idea if this is an issue or is the camera like this?

Would it be possible to delete the camera app and reinstall it?

Thanks in advance

Change to normale mode ;-)

Sent from my Sony Xperia S (LT26i)

Inferno187

Nov 1, 2008
Can you post some pictures taken with the phone showing your problem?

Edit: nvm, I thought he meant photo quality since the thread title implies this, but he means video.

Last edited:

eugenius8

Mar 16, 2012
mines the same :S also when i press down the camera button during standby it'll take a pic, but when i do it with the home screen on, it doesnt take one...anyone got the same problem?

elevation_2

Aug 26, 2011
Can you post some pictures taken with the phone showing your problem?

Edit: nvm, I thought he meant photo quality since the thread title implies this, but he means video.

No i mean the photo quality. When I'm in the camera app its very choppy. Ive returned the phone and waiting on a new unit so i don't have any pictures i took indoors on me but heres 1 which were taken outside. Even in daylight theres a sort of haze.

Attachments

• DSC_0007.jpg
    DSC_0007.jpg
    261.3 KB · Views: 262

GT35pro

Dec 21, 2011
SINGAPORE
Www.gt35pro.blogspot.com
No i mean the photo quality. When I'm in the camera app its very choppy. Ive returned the phone and waiting on a new unit so i don't have any pictures i took indoors on me but heres 1 which were taken outside. Even in daylight theres a sort of haze.

Are you using a transparent casing? I have a transparent casing on mine and the flash reflects off it into the lens. Just remove the casing and it will be ok, or shoot without flash.

---------- Post added at 06:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:33 PM ----------

Yeah tried that still same issue.

Update: When I'm in sunlight its fine. Its only when I'm indoors/low light that this happens even though the setting is set to manual and not automatic.

When it is dark, the phone automatically slows shutter speed to increase light to the sensor. This causes the choppiness. This is the disadvantage of a camera phone vs normal camera where you can control the shutter speed.

DevilsArc

Dec 21, 2011
Sydney
I had the same problem but I solved it, by wiping it!! I just had some smoo on the lense is all make sure it's clean

Sent from my LT26i using XDA