X-reality to work on boot loader unlocked

Search This thread
Dec 17, 2013
Bangalore
Hi experts

Can anyone helps me in sorting out to work x-reality engine on boot loader unlocked ,i am currently in .757 built version and doomKernel v16 installed ....

Jonas740

Apr 17, 2014
They fixed that amongst other things to work with unlocked bootloader since 4.4 I belive.

Sent from my C6903 using xda app-developers app

eclyptos

Jun 14, 2008
Planet Earth

eclyptos

Jun 14, 2008
Planet Earth
strange ,how in the world does x-reality will not work in locked bootloader ?

I didn't said it was not working on Locked Bootloader, I just said I did not saw any difference so I was never bothered to check after Unlock Bootlader if the X-Reality still working. It's a tweek for improve the image quality but only on phone, if you put your picture on PC there will be no more X-Reality so to me this kind of tweeks are useless. My only concern is Bionz Processing as this really can compromise the quality of your pictures.

You are on Unlocked Bootloader so if you want check, see the link I posted or type on XDA Fix X-Reality, maybe I missing something.

Last edited:

Jonas740

Apr 17, 2014
Placebos i would say. An image processing chip like Bionz for mobile is much needed in order to convert the cameras raw data and make it for instance a jpeg. This is how it works in all cameras. If that wouldn't be there then the camera wouldn't work at all. That was the case before 4.3 right?

I spoke to a Sony technician saying that "unlocking a bootloader won't change the phone, but custom software will and that might brick your phone" he admitted that they've had problems before 4.3 but that has been solved now. And I had to pull that out of him kinda. I asked alot of questions that people kinda just speculate about because I want hard facts. He wasn't that keen on saying much more but I gave him my email address anyway.

Interprete this how you want, I don't wanna be held responsible for anyone might bricking their phones. Just forwarded what's told to me.

Sent from my C6903 using xda app-developers app