[Q]S-OFF to S-ON to S-OFF? (sending away for warranty)

Search This thread

murf43143

Oct 29, 2007
Hello,

I have to return my phone to HTC for a cracked screen warranty and I had to go back to everything. I now have a stock backup on there, re-locked the bootloader, removed the "tampered" and the only thing giving me away as far as I can tell are SUPER SU in the drawer which I can uninstall and the "S-ON" in the bootloader.

If I go back to S-ON for warranty issues does anyone see it being a problem to S-OFF soon as I get it back?

Thank you,

an0ther

Sep 21, 2013
Going back to s_on throws a security flag.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

murf43143

Oct 29, 2007
Going back to s_on throws a security flag.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

What are you talking about "throws a security flag" and is it only able to be checked by hooking up to a computer?

I am full stock right now with S-OFF and would hate to send it in for repair and get charged a **** load plus then charging me for shipping just because I kept it S-OFF.

Thank you,

BerndM14

Apr 8, 2014
What are you talking about "throws a security flag" and is it only able to be checked by hooking up to a computer?

I am full stock right now with S-OFF and would hate to send it in for repair and get charged a **** load plus then charging me for shipping just because I kept it S-OFF.

Thank you,

He means the tampered flag and a security warning could pop up, read this thread

As for the rest, if you weren't prepared to pay any costs as a result of the actions you took, you probably shouldn't have taken them in the first place...You should always weigh out the pros and cons when it comes to these things and prepare for it well in advance anyways. I almost saved up the same amount of money the device itself costs for "Just in case" :rolleyes: