[MOD][8.0+][Updated] MIUI 12 Live 'Super' Wallpapers ported to any Android device!

Search This thread

Emanuelefulco

Oct 24, 2014
Sorry, but where is the crater?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200506-130456.jpg
    Screenshot_20200506-130456.jpg
    208.7 KB · Views: 1,552

Orphee

Jan 31, 2008
Google Pixel 8
Just awesome !
It works great on Samsung S20 !
For thoses who it doesn't apply on lock screen, it happens for me to, just try to apply it until it works. For me it does the trick.

balcis

May 31, 2011
I'm using Mi Lite 9 (CC9) with MIUI 11. When I click wallpaper on settings it directs me to mi themes app. It doesn't let me select these super awllpapers so I installed google wallpaper app. It works for home screen (animations etc) but it can not change lock screen wallpaper (animated or not, or super wallpaper or any other).

Is there anybody going through this and has a solution? help please.

balcis

May 31, 2011
Hello, same here. First of all thanks for you work. I'm using it via Google Wallpaper app but it doesn't change lockscreen wall, only home screen. Any solution to this? Device Mi 9 lite (CC), MIUI 11 up to date.

For those who are in my situation I may have found a workaround. I opened MI themes app, and downloaded any livewallpaper and set it for home and lockscreen. After that I've opened Google wallpaper app and selected superwallpaper and it worked.

Dankotat

Sep 8, 2015
Thanks, lock screen wallpaper works in POCO too .
You must download and apply a live wallpaper from the settings and then apply the miui 12 wallpaper using the Google gallery or nova.

linuxct

Social Contributor
Aug 10, 2012
Is AOD features something that'll be worked on or is it literally just impossible, either way thank you so much for these!

If you are a ROM developer, I can provide you with instructions on how to implement these into your ROM, but for any other user out there it simply won't be possible.

Nice work but, there's any chance to add a new mirror?

Currently trying to upload them to XDA DevDB! Won't take too long. I will edit this post once it's done.
The XDA file uploader is broken, it doesn't let me upload files larger than 30MB for some reason... I will find somewhere else to host a mirror. Please be patient!

A new mirror has been provided, you can check the link in the OP @MathePro!

That's nice so I already downloaded all of them so I assume install it like any other apk? or need be put in system/app or system/priv-app?

Yup you can install them just like any other APK.

Last edited:

moSess

Nov 3, 2007
Queens
Samsung Galaxy Z Flip 4
Slim Chance Question

I have this working great on my Note 10 Plus. I have a monster LG V20 that i use as a dedicated music player:cool: running a 7.0 stock custom ROM for stability and battery savings.Any chance of Andy 7.0 support?? Had to ask! Thanks in advance @linuxct

YK RAJ

May 23, 2014
Hi @linuxct
You've done very good work on MIUI 12 wallpaper, due to your port we can use it on Poco's MIUI 11 Rom without problem.
But can you please make an app or Modify a live wallpaper which can Capable of Setting Up Of Multiple Live Wallpapers..like some live wallpaper can change after a period of time or period of unlocks??
That would be great...
Thanks in Advance.

Reactions: bad_request

linuxct

Social Contributor
Aug 10, 2012
I have this working great on my Note 10 Plus. I have a monster LG V20 that i use as a dedicated music player:cool: running a 7.0 stock custom ROM for stability and battery savings.Any chance of Andy 7.0 support?? Had to ask! Thanks in advance @linuxct

Nope, already tried that, specifically tried running them on a Shield Tablet on Android 7.1+ and it wouldn't let me run it. Sorry.

Hi @linuxct
You've done very good work on MIUI 12 wallpaper, due to your port we can use it on Poco's MIUI 11 Rom without problem.
But can you please make an app or Modify a live wallpaper which can Capable of Setting Up Of Multiple Live Wallpapers..like some live wallpaper can change after a period of time or period of unlocks??
That would be great...
Thanks in Advance.

I mean it could be possible, but I couldn't tell whether the user installed more than one of the APKs from this Super Wallpapers collection, or whether they only have 1 single APK installed, in order to do the rotation... So it's not really contemplated.

YK RAJ

May 23, 2014
I mean it could be possible, but I couldn't tell whether the user installed more than one of the APKs from this Super Wallpapers collection, or whether they only have 1 single APK installed, in order to do the rotation... So it's not really contemplated.

Okay..but i meant to be make(just suggesting) an Wallpaper launcher which can slideshow the Live wallpaper...I don't know if it is possible or not..
Because I'm using Backiee Wallpaper app(https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.good2create.wallpaper_studio_10) which can slideshow wallpaper on Android.
Anyway thanks..For your hard work?

adviksinghania

May 6, 2020
India
Hi @linuxct, I followed the instructions on the XDA Portal page and tried installing it on my Nexus 5(hammerhead) but it doesn't seem to work. The apk files were installed succesfully then I went to Google Wallpaper app and scrolled down to the Live Wallpapers section and tried applying the wallpapers one by one but all I could see was was a black background. I tried using the system wallpaper picker (I'm using Lineage OS 17.1 Custom ROM by @z3DD3r) but it didn't work either. I tried selecting "Home Screen Only" or "Home Screen and Lock Screen both" and clearing the cache or uninstalling and reinstalling the apks but nothing worked. Any help would be appreciated.
Thank you so much for your work. :)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

After being featured on the XDA-Developers.com portal, today I bring you an update to my well known collection of Super Wallpapers, ported straight from MIUI 12.

Features included with these wallpapers:
    • Ported straight from MIUI 12. All features available in the original MIUI 12 APKs, with the exception of AOD, are available as well in these.
    • Adapted to work on AOSP-based ROMs. Thanks to some custom code I wrote, the unlock effects now work on any Android 8.0+ device.
    • Offers a wide variety of wallpapers to choose from. You can choose from astonishing green sceneries like the ones present in the Forest wallpaper, or submerge yourself in the red abyss of Mars, stopping by North Pole's cold Glaciers. (NEW!) And now with the addition of Saturn, you can check two new beautiful renders of it, one showing its rings in horizontal and the other showing them in vertical.
    • NEW! Code reworked from the ground-up. With proper help of a VCS tool, all code is now shared among all APKs of each version, making it easier for future updates, and who knows what more surprises to come... ;)
    Known limitations we have in mind so far:
    • AOD wallpapers won't work nor apply on any device, no matter it being Xiaomi or any other brand. This is due to a restriction with these being signed with my own key instead of your device's OEM platform key. If you are interested in including these in your ROM, please contact me and I will gladly assist you on re-enabling AOD features. Please, only contact me if you are a ROM developer.
    Versions available:
    We currently have the following options available:
    • A set of three wallpapers, named "Default", "Forest" and "Glacier" in the case of Earth.
    • A set of three wallpapers, named "Default", "Central Mountains of Hale Crater" (exclusive!) and "Evergreen Garden" (exclusive!)
    • A set of two wallpapers, named "Vertical" and "Horizontal" in the case of Saturn (exclusive!)
    These options come as well in three different variants (except for the Saturn wallpapers):
    • Default, which behaves just like Xiaomi intended these wallpapers to be, following your system dark theme and your clock to go dark or bright accordingly.
    • An "Always light/bright version", which is modified in order to make these wallpapers stay bright no matter the time of the day or your current system dark theme status.
    • An "Always dark version", which is modified in order to make these wallpapers stay dark no matter the time of the day or your current system dark theme status.

This makes 9 wallpapers for each, Mars and Earth, plus 2 variants for Saturn, which makes a total of 20 live Super Wallpapers included.

Want to see how they look like?
    EdUNitB.jpg
    77s0cMO.jpg
    DwYd3Z8.jpg
    Zqnv8jx.jpg
    NpCrxWe.jpg
    RDvfB8Q.jpg

QUeNsa7.jpg

DOWNLOAD THE LATEST VERSION HERE!
    (all APKs in a folder) | last updated 2020-08-11

Follow me on Twitter to stay up-to-date
    and get sneak peaks of upcoming works!

XDA:DevDB Information
    [MOD] MIUI 12 Live 'Super' Wallpapers ported to any Android device!, App for the Android General

Contributors
    linuxct

Version Information
    Stable Release Date: 2020-08-12

Created 2020-05-06
    Last Updated 2020-08-13
    Before someone says it, yes, I'm very aware the "Evergreen Garden" wallpaper in both Always Dark and Always Bright versions looks more like an Earth-ish wallpaper rather than a Mars one... But Xiaomi included it inside the Mars Unity assets, so it couldn't be helped. The only thing I did was unhiding it.

As it turns out, that was an issue on my side. The APKs for 'Evergreen Garden' Always Dark and Always Bright versions have just been updated to look the way they should! Enjoy.

---------------------------------------

As a side note, if you are currently using MIUI 11 and wish to use these wallpapers, please check the post quoted below by @balcis in order to get them fully working, including on your lockscreen!

For those who are in my situation I may have found a workaround. I opened MI themes app, and downloaded any livewallpaper and set it for home and lockscreen. After that I've opened Google wallpaper app and selected superwallpaper and it worked.

----------------------------------------

I've just published another wallpaper y'all might like. It's a port from FlymeOS' 8 Live Wallpapers, and they work on Android 5.0+.
    You can check a preview of how it looks in this tweet: https://twitter.com/linuxct/status/1272953346371063814
    You can download it from here.

Enjoy it!
    Hello, same here. First of all thanks for you work. I'm using it via Google Wallpaper app but it doesn't change lockscreen wall, only home screen. Any solution to this? Device Mi 9 lite (CC), MIUI 11 up to date.

Hey everyone,

I've just published another wallpaper y'all might like. It's a port from FlymeOS' 8 Live Wallpapers, and they work on Android 5.0+.
    You can check a preview of how it looks in this tweet: https://twitter.com/linuxct/status/1272953346371063814

And, you can download it from here.

Enjoy it!

I just released the a new version of both Mars and Earth's Super Wallpapers!​

Features:
    • New scenes: Greece's Navagio Beach, Italy's Dolomites, Pahrump Hills and Bahram Vallis.
    • Single, self contained APK for all previous and new scenes.
    • Added a new custom-built configuration activity that lets you choose which scene to display in-screen.
    • The wallpaper follows your system theme and time of the day.
    • Sunrise and sunset will have special effects in some of the scenes (when the device's set to light mode).
    NOTE: This new version does not contain a dark/bright toggle and a separate APK will not be provided for them.

If you would like keep your device in dark mode during the entire day, but let the wallpaper change according to the time of the day do the following:
    • Enable Dark mode in your screen/customization Settings
    • Enable the Schedule option (if your device has it), and set it to a custom schedule.
    • Set the start time to 4:00am and the end time at 3:59am.
    This way, you will effectively have dark mode enabled the entire day, while preserving the wallpaper brightness changes.

If you want to check out some screenshots and previews, check the Twitter thread!

Download the new Earth Super Wallpaper APK here.

Download the new Mars Super Wallpaper APK here.