[TESTING] Rootfs for Blackstone - new keymap (11.4.2011)

Search This thread

hrk7474

Feb 2, 2011
You should be able to swap back and forth by simply deleting or re-adding this parameter. I've tried both setups on a single data.img and it worked every time.

Just booted with the new kernel and played some audio which worked FINE, as expected. Everything still working (exept GPS since i'm back to GBX0A again).

As for the buttons, I'll try it out later, but i'm sort of used to how it's set without the startup mod. And if i just call that one button 'Toolshed' instead of 'Home' it's all very straightforward. :p
And from past experiences i see no reason not to take your word for it. Thanks again!

skyplay

Mar 6, 2007
I've added option to choose Home and End Call buttons behavior. See the UPDATE section of the first post for details. You'll find the new rootfs and new kernel build there.

I've only 24 hours experience in using Android. Your latest updated files help me solve a big problem in using FRX06: incoming calls were always hearing busy tone. Now replaced with your two files, incoming calls can go through, though the caller has to wait a bit longer time when I can notice and pick up incoming call, as compared with WinMo 6.5 in Blackstone. Your great work is much appreciated. Thank you.

g3rm0

Feb 20, 2010
I've only 24 hours experience in using Android. Your latest updated files help me solve a big problem in using FRX06: incoming calls were always hearing busy tone. Now replaced with your two files, incoming calls can go through, though the caller has to wait a bit longer time when I can notice and pick up incoming call, as compared with WinMo 6.5 in Blackstone. Your great work is much appreciated. Thank you.
It's good to hear it's working (more or less) as it should. I can't take the credit for all of this because I'm providing only small modifications suitable for our device. Most of the work (well, almost all of it) was done by the other devs involved in this project.

Sent from my MSM using XDA App

Reactions: nasko_spasko

skyplay

Mar 6, 2007
It's good to hear it's working (more or less) as it should. I can't take the credit for all of this because I'm providing only small modifications suitable for our device. Most of the work (well, almost all of it) was done by the other devs involved in this project.

yes you're right, all hard work count!

Using another 24 hours, it hangs in one occasion: using wifi to browse Internet, and the webpage is simple without flash, but need to login something, need to take away battery to off and on again. Two more unsuccessful bootup after executing haret from WinMo. And one unsuccessful photo shot when enabling GPS on camera screen. Last, weaker reception (no signal) than using WinMo , in exactly the same locations.

One more novice question: are all apps downloaded from Market automatically installed in SD card? Thanks

mickeystar

Aug 2, 2010
yes you're right, all hard work count!

Using another 24 hours, it hangs in one occasion: using wifi to browse Internet, and the webpage is simple without flash, but need to login something, need to take away battery to off and on again. Two more unsuccessful bootup after executing haret from WinMo. And one unsuccessful photo shot when enabling GPS on camera screen. Last, weaker reception (no signal) than using WinMo , in exactly the same locations.

One more novice question: are all apps downloaded from Market automatically installed in SD card? Thanks

yes it does

hrk7474

Feb 2, 2011

All apps downloaded from market are installed into data.img, to be specific.
If you want to save the apk files you can use Titanium Backup after you install the apps.

jbiton

May 9, 2009
Notification

wondering if the difficulty I faced to slide down the notification bar is still existing in this package as FRX06 or not.

Thanks very much g3rm0 because I took your root and kernel to try it with GBX0A and I will feedback

jbiton

May 9, 2009

Sent from my MSM using XDA App

I do really appreciate your amends. And I think its really a revive for Blackstone section after too much abandoned it. But can you please tell me the 11-04 kernel and root are for GBX0A OR FRX06

g3rm0

Feb 20, 2010
wondering if the difficulty I faced to slide down the notification bar is still existing in this package as FRX06 or not.

Thanks very much g3rm0 because I took your root and kernel to try it with GBX0A and I will feedback
Difficulty with sliding notification bar can be caused by bad touch screen calibration (at least that's my theory). Try to use some very old kernel to calibrate the screen again and see if that helps.

I do really appreciate your amends. And I think its really a revive for Blackstone section after too much abandoned it. But can you please tell me the 11-04 kernel and root are for GBX0A OR FRX06

You can use them with both builds ;)

Reactions: jbiton

jbiton

May 9, 2009
Difficulty with sliding notification bar can be caused by bad touch screen calibration (at least that's my theory). Try to use some very old kernel to calibrate the screen again and see if that helps.

You can use them with both builds ;)

Thank you, no need for that I took the calibration file from the GFX0A because it was satisfying for me, and paste it in the FRX06 and working great.

for the kernels, I realized that

jbiton

May 9, 2009
CWM rootfs

g3rm0 ,
Thanks for this rootfs, I always take it with me to any build for its key mapping, I really like it,

but of course I can't use it in CWM rootfs, npkboot1.6 has been released with a new rootfs, can you please amend it as this one, so as to be used in CWM builds with the same key mapping and your modifications to best suit blackstone.:):)

xUmaRix

Apr 24, 2008
Kuala Lumpur
for neopeek just add
Code:
elif /bin/grep -c 'physkeyboard=blac' /proc/cmdline >/dev/null; then
	echo "USING BLACKSTONE NAVI"
	cp -f /init.etc/keymaps/blac_navi_pad.kl /etc/keymaps/raph_navi_pad.kl
        cp -f /init.etc/keymaps/oldqwerty_microp-keypad.kcm.bin /etc/keymaps/microp-keypad.kcm.bin
else

in your init file and save.reboot from CWM and you will have it all set

Reactions: jbiton

jbiton

May 9, 2009
for neopeek just add
Code:
elif /bin/grep -c 'physkeyboard=blac' /proc/cmdline >/dev/null; then
	echo "USING BLACKSTONE NAVI"
	cp -f /init.etc/keymaps/blac_navi_pad.kl /etc/keymaps/raph_navi_pad.kl
        cp -f /init.etc/keymaps/oldqwerty_microp-keypad.kcm.bin /etc/keymaps/microp-keypad.kcm.bin
else

in your init file and save.reboot from CWM and you will have it all set

should I add that to initrd file?? so if this is the required one, should I paste the code above and paste it in that file through note pad, I am sorry but I don't know much in development.

xUmaRix

Apr 24, 2008
Kuala Lumpur
it is not initrd.you boot your phone into CWM.Then from cmd.
Code:
adb pull /init .
#Edit your init using Notepad++
adb push init /
adb shell dos2unix -u /init
adb shell chmod +x /init
power off your phone and restart it again

jbiton

May 9, 2009
it is not initrd.you boot your phone into CWM.Then from cmd.
Code:
adb pull /init .
[COLOR="Red"]#Edit your init using Notepad++[/COLOR]adb push init /
adb shell dos2unix -u /init
adb shell chmod +x /init
power off your phone and restart it again

mmmm, I am very sorry, But I am not a developer :)---- so you mean to boot into android and search for any terminal to write down these commands ?? because I can't find any cmd in Android.

for the highlighted command above, is this a part of code(I don't think so) or this is a hind for me???

Please I need more explanation for the whole scenario.

jbiton

May 9, 2009
Dear guys,

Why up till now, we don't have an updated kernel of 1291 for blackstone, enabling my location, other kernels are enabling this but they weren't designed for blackstone.

ypsmav

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jul 10, 2009
EU
Hi G3rm0,
Would you update your roofts with the latest versions available on XDAndroid.com? (roofs 20110516-2d0bb0f kernel: 20110522_213148)
Those are working really good on my blackstone, but missing the JB's audio stuttering patch.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This thread is dedicated to enhance/optimize Blackstone button layout.

I've started this thread because I would like to test rootfs image made especially for Blackstone. For now it's about the new key mapping. We (the Blackstone users) were missing the "Recent Apps" menu until recently when Stickman89 made some progress in this area but unfortunately he retired. Now his rootfs is outdated and this is where I took over. My rootfs is a modification to the latest official one and includes the new key mapping. The goal here is to have "Recent Apps" menu AND power button fully functional at the same time (and possibly merge upstream when the work is done here).

Native Android device is required to have at least 5 buttons. They are: Power/Sleep, Vol Up, Vol Down, Home, Menu, Back. Our device has 6: Power/Sleep, Vol Up, Vol Down, Call, Home, Back, End Call. This means we can have all the buttons like in Android device only if we sacrifice Call or End Call. Call is also used to do BT voice dialing and I don't want to break this option when BT will be fixed. End call on the other hand is only needed to end calls and there are other ways of doing this (map power button in Accessibility menu or use on-screen End call). I've decided to have Home button acting as a menu and End Call as a home key (because it really doesn't change much except End Call is the real HOME now).

Here's how the new button layout looks like:
    blac100keymapdone1.jpg

**UPDATE: 11.4.2011**

You can now have Home button working as HOME and End Call button being MENU. To try this simply add: physkeyboard=blac to your startup.txt cmdline. Without this parameter button will be mapped like in my previous rootfs (see picture above).
    As a bonus I've cooked a new zImage + modules. Nothing really dramatic - just bringing JB's audio shuttering patch to the latest official kernel.

/UPDATE

[LEGAL BS]
    THIS IS WORK IN PROGRESS. IT IS VERY UNLIKELY TO CAUSE ANY DAMAGE BUT BE AWARE: YOU CAN USE IT only AT YOUR OWN RISK. I CAN'T BE HELD RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE TO DATA AND/OR HARDWARE CAUSED DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY BY MY RELEASES
    [/LEGAL BS]
    TROUBLESHOOTING (if one step doesn't help - move to another):
    1. Backup your data and delete data.img.
    2. Format your SD card.
    3. Use the latest official rootfs (if it's working report it here).
    4. Try the latest Xdandroid release (other builds my not be compatible).
    5. Find the setup (kernel/system/rootfs) that works fine.
    6. If it's still not working - ask here.
    here is the new rootfs with home key remap for blackstone...by Tiad8 (www.tiad8.com)

http://www.multiupload.com/QU64ZCHN8M

Threadjacking = way to go. I gave you guys instructions on how to update keymap on neopeek/tiad8 builds and this is how you repay me. This thread was meant to test changes so they can be used in the future official xdandroid rootfs releases.

BTW. The rootfs you posted is likely to cause issues because tiad8 broke compatibility with builds other than his own.
    With your kernel + rootfs, I can't have geolocalization anymore on Froyo X red.
    Gonna try the last "official" rootfs.

It's doubtful at best that if you change rootfs you can continue calling it froyo x red. This is based in stock FRX05 XDAndroid, which I encourage using.

Anyway, it works perfectly for me, try updating QuickGPS within WM before booting Haret
    I've added option to choose Home and End Call buttons behavior. See the UPDATE section of the first post for details. You'll find the new rootfs and new kernel build there.