[Q] Rooting LG G2

Search This thread

savagebeast02

Apr 29, 2014
Ive been looking everywhere to find out if someone has answers, im trying too root my lg g2. I just installed the OTA 4.4.2 software version (VS98024a). It gets all the way too the part where i can apply update through the abd, but when i click that, i hear the windows noise telling me my device disconnected. I still tried to install it, but it would not send the information over to my phone. I used the ioroot25, but it still doesn't work. Can anyone help me out?

Vaibhav Chauhan

Feb 17, 2014
Dahod, Gujarat
Ive been looking everywhere to find out if someone has answers, im trying too root my lg g2. I just installed the OTA 4.4.2 software version (VS98024a). It gets all the way too the part where i can apply update through the abd, but when i click that, i hear the windows noise telling me my device disconnected. I still tried to install it, but it would not send the information over to my phone. I used the ioroot25, but it still doesn't work. Can anyone help me out?

i think this can help you
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2633150

es0tericcha0s

May 6, 2010
mobilemojo5280.com

Caution: That is a guide for the At&t version of the G2. OP is trying to install VZW G2 software, so hoping he is using the VZW version of it.

So, you HAVE been able to update, or you have not? How are you trying to update if it is not working for you? You tried to use ioroot25 on 4.2.2 or 4.4.2? What was the error or where did it stop before failing? Have the correct drivers on the PC?

In general, the more details we have, the easier to help. Just saying "It didn't work" is not helpful for troubleshooting.

Reactions: Vaibhav Chauhan

savagebeast02

Apr 29, 2014
I have been able too update my phone with the OTA. So my phone is running the 4.4.2. I used ioroot 25, the rooting fails when the root.bat is supposed too send the files too my computer. When I hit the apply through adb, that's when the computer makes the sound that my phone was disconnected. My computer will send it, but phone doesn't receive it for some odd reason. I hope I gave enough information, my bad about last time.

Sent from my VS980 4G using xda app-developers app

es0tericcha0s

May 6, 2010
mobilemojo5280.com
You sure you have the drivers for adb mode installed properly? Do you have USB Debugging enabled? If you open CMD prompt and change directories to the ioroot25 folder that has the adb program in it and run:

adb devices

does anything returns?

savagebeast02

Apr 29, 2014
Yes, I've followed all the directions and watched videos, and when i open cmd prompt, it does state that a device is connected. I just don't understand what I'm doing wrong. Like I said I've followed all directions exactly how they state, downloaded all the drivers.

Sent from my VS980 4G using xda app-developers app

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Caution: That is a guide for the At&t version of the G2. OP is trying to install VZW G2 software, so hoping he is using the VZW version of it.

So, you HAVE been able to update, or you have not? How are you trying to update if it is not working for you? You tried to use ioroot25 on 4.2.2 or 4.4.2? What was the error or where did it stop before failing? Have the correct drivers on the PC?

In general, the more details we have, the easier to help. Just saying "It didn't work" is not helpful for troubleshooting.