[ROM][STABLE][UNOFFICIAL] Oxygen ROM 2.3.2 (Android 2.3.7)

Search This thread
G

GuestK00248

Your stock kernel is bad. It's laggy and slowly. Golendleaf 111016 works very well, i love his kernel.

Another thing... in your next release, can you change "/system/lib/egl/egl.cfg" in
1 1 android
0 1 adreno200

With froyo doesn't work but with GB works very well! ;)

Thank you for your job! ;)

Last edited:

SWEATTAIMI

Oct 19, 2010
W4ZT3D
Well hello!

This is my attempt to port oxygen rom (and i think i've done a pretty good job) on our lgp500.
Please remember this: anything that is written here or in the unwritten law of common sense can and will be ignored.
Now let's get to the facts:

• Oxygen ROM is a highly optimized AOSP rom with only a few added features. I also intend to keep it that way. There will be no added features unless the good people from Oxygen want to add them. The rom is like this for a reason. So requests like "can you add theme manager?", "can it make me coffee?" will be ignored.
  • This ROM is for old baseband only. I see people on this forum have a hard time understanding this so i'll write it again. This ROM is for old baseband only.
  • No need to flash GAPPS now... included in zip file
  • There is no need for screenshots since this is basically AOSP. So just look around for some AOSP screenshots.
  • I am not responsible for any damage to your phone. You chose to flash the ROM it's your responsibility.

Now as for how to flash it:
copy to sd->wipe data, cache, dalvik->flash (i flashed with clockworkmod, but might work with others)
No need to flash gapps now... Included in zip

--------Link-------
http://www.multiupload.com/DPGXVARCTU <--- v0.a2 2 nov 2011
--------------------

Changelog and bugs in second post.

I'd like to thank:
  • mik_os for his wonderful job porting cyanogen. Also his port was the base for this port so big thanks to him
  • mikegapinski for pointing me in the right direction
  • the wonderful people at openetna for sharing their sources. That's where most of the bugfixes came from
  • the oxygen rom team for creating this great rom

Congrats man, =) i see ur still alive on xda! ill try this rom, i know u can port more, keep continue! // Reards

G

GuestK00248

On my phone:

Oxygen 0.a2 + Goldenleaf 111016 = 51.1FPS while CM 6.5.8 + Goldenleaf 111016 = 46.4FPS! Oxygen ROCKS!

please read my last post! ;)

{ 480/600MHz SavagedZen }

slipkn0t

Jul 7, 2011
Dubai
the only difference between this rom and miks cm7 is that this one has fewer apps installed in the system ? is there anything else ?

thanks

cupliz

Apr 19, 2011
Peace
lol i get 60FPS with mik's rom :)

btw y do u need increase in min freq if u r not overclocking?? :/

Like franco said that 480 and under it consume same volt and ampere... so why not use 480 if u know that faster?

As my experience, set min oc to 480 is make your phone accelerate good, and less lag...

This rom is like andy's rom, even the purpose of rom.. not mik rom...

Sent from my LG-P500

sam razzy

Oct 12, 2011
Ma sweet home
I found one bug.... I'm sure this is a bug.. Cuz I faced this bug more than 20times..! When I open gallery it will load gallery properly... afta the second time... gallery doesn't open.. it just making me disturbed... afta restart only one time I can open.... but second time the bug discovers back. . . I'm using this Rom as daily.. but this bug annoying. :'(

Sent from My Optimus one using Popdogz Oxygen aosp ♥

popdog123

Retired Recognized Developer
Dec 25, 2010
Hmm maybe send me a logcat output when the crash happens?

Sent from my LG-P500 using XDA App

sam razzy

Oct 12, 2011
Ma sweet home
Hmm maybe send me a logcat output when the crash happens?

Don't u have this problem...? Just pls find it... just open gallery using picsay...!! Yu will find it wen yu open second time using picsay..!! Pls... u don't know how to make logcat... I Donn have adb

popdog123

Retired Recognized Developer
Dec 25, 2010
No mate I don't, sorry... I need some sort of bug report to fix it. Maybe reinstall picsay...

Ozadroid

Oct 19, 2011
Whoa!! its amazingly fast :D

got a score of 1895 on antutu benchmark. overclocked at 480-729 \m/
will try more overclock after sometime.

mahn! i will press thanks and also i am writing THANKS. complete the awesome work and release a stable version. good luck :)

Ozadroid

Oct 19, 2011
1 Ques! y is it showing MOD="unknown" ?

Attachments

• screenshot-1320356438312.png
    screenshot-1320356438312.png
    34.2 KB · Views: 151
G

GuestK00248

With this settings??? Impossible. 60fps with 480/600mhz is impossible. I use this settings because there isn't giant battery drain. For my quotidian use, OC is useless.

lol i get 60FPS with mik's rom :)

btw y do u need increase in min freq if u r not overclocking?? :/

GonDr

Mar 21, 2011
Egypt, Alexandria
rasoulallah.net
is it support RTL Language ?

---------- Post added at 12:26 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:24 AM ----------

I found one bug.... I'm sure this is a bug.. Cuz I faced this bug more than 20times..! When I open gallery it will load gallery properly... afta the second time... gallery doesn't open.. it just making me disturbed... afta restart only one time I can open.... but second time the bug discovers back. . . I'm using this Rom as daily.. but this bug annoying. :'(

u can use quickpic for now from market

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Well hello!

Please read this post regarding the development of the rom: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=29811287#post29811287

This is my attempt to port oxygen rom (and i think i've done a pretty good job) on our lgp500.
    Please remember this: anything that is written here or in the unwritten law of common sense can and will be ignored.
    Now let's get to the facts:

• Oxygen ROM is a highly optimized AOSP rom with only a few added features. I also intend to keep it that way. There will be no added features unless the good people from Oxygen want to add them. The rom is like this for a reason. So requests like "can you add theme manager?", "can it make me coffee?" will be ignored.
    • This ROM is now for new baseband only (as of v2.2). I see people on this forum have a hard time understanding this so i'll write it again. This ROM is for new baseband only.
    • No need to flash GAPPS now... included in zip file
    • There is no need for screenshots since this is basically AOSP. So just look around for some AOSP screenshots.
    • I am not responsible for any damage to your phone. You chose to flash the ROM it's your responsibility.

Now as for how to flash it:
    copy to sd->wipe data, cache, dalvik->flash (i flashed with clockworkmod, but might work with others)
    No need to flash gapps now... Included in zip

--------Link-------
    Change log, news, downloads, bugs, sources, donations, all available on the new blog.
    http://oxygen-for-p500.blogspot.com/ <--- v2.8 19 may 2012
    --------------------

Discussion thread http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1326151 (thank you sweetnsour)

Here is a nice review made by mr Brett Wagner http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9RAcnco5LUE

Changelog and bugs in second post.

I'd like to thank:
    • mik_os for his wonderful job porting cyanogen. Also his port was the base for this port so big thanks to him
    • mikegapinski for pointing me in the right direction
    • the wonderful people at openetna for sharing their sources. That's where most of the bugfixes came from
    • the oxygen rom team for creating this great rom

Useful links:
    Changelog is now available and maintained in the google code project wiki.
    Hello again (after a long while)

I'm sorry for my absence but as i said my studies were kind of overwhelming for a while... Anyway, i return here with bad news.

I will not continue to work on Oxygen for the following reasons:
    - I simply don't have the time to do it and it also does not help me at all with what i'm studying (i'm a med student :D )
    - Oxygen 2.3.2 (GB) has reached a state where it is very stable for most of the users. I know there are still small bugs here and there but most of those are app related or simply features of stock AOSP GB that people don't like, but that really is the Google way. I am very proud of what i've done and glad that people enjoy it and use it daily.
    - I (personal opinion) believe that GB is the most we can squeeze out of this phone without sacrificing stability or performance. I think ICS is just not going to happen on this phone like GB is. There are a few ICS roms out there for our phone but none of them are nearly as stable or as fast as GB (not because of the developers of those roms of course, but because of lack of proprietary software that is in use in GB)
    - I don't have a powerful enough computer to make fast builds. There is nothing more frustrating than compiling 5-6 hours of code and putting it on the device just to see that it's not working. Horrible...

Thank you all for a great ride. It has been an honour to bring this rom to P500. I will still be here on the forum to answer any questions you may have and to enjoy the work that devs do.
    Care for some updates?

On Oxygen ICS i managed to fix wifi, ril, mass storage and gps... still to come: live wallpapers, camera...

Now i just need a nice new kernel for it...

Fixes will also come for Oxygen GB. Stay tuned :)
    New GB version uploaded. You can find both the download and the changelog at the usual location. Please check out the issues on the google code page and report on the ones that mention "NeedTesting". Hopefully this will be the last GB release.
    It's been a great run but it's time to work on ICS :D