Razr eol

Search This thread

sRDennyCrane

EOL just means it won't be available new anymore. At that point, when stock runs out, it'll be off the shelves and off the website menus. It will still be available (for awhile) as a reman item. Support will continue. The Droid X, released mid-July, 2010, just got an update a couple days ago.

The Razr Maxx will probably be around until November and then it will be EOL, too. By then, the next new shiny thing will have been released. This is the normal cycle of products these days.

MillionManMosh

Dec 2, 2010
What piece of consumer electronics isn't made to be disposable? Aside from kitchen appliances and desktop PCs, almost everything in your house is made of plastic, soldered and glued together, closed off with oddball Torx sizes and labeled "not user serviceable".

I get the feeling that even my car wasn't made to be worked on. Anyone who has changed a headlight in a late model Mazda (and others, I'm certain) knows what I'm talking about.

So instead of service professionals we have extended warranties and refurbishment depots. This is nothing new and certainly not exclusive to the Razr.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    What piece of consumer electronics isn't made to be disposable? Aside from kitchen appliances and desktop PCs, almost everything in your house is made of plastic, soldered and glued together, closed off with oddball Torx sizes and labeled "not user serviceable".

I get the feeling that even my car wasn't made to be worked on. Anyone who has changed a headlight in a late model Mazda (and others, I'm certain) knows what I'm talking about.

So instead of service professionals we have extended warranties and refurbishment depots. This is nothing new and certainly not exclusive to the Razr.
    Do you have a link to this video?

Sure do.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gtyZhwvhqiQ&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Sent from my Galaxy Note (SGH-i717) using XDA Premium.
    I almist got a Razr Maxx, and glad I didn't. Its a nice looking piece of hardware, but knowing now that its not servicable, and that its designed to be disposable, I can't bring myself to get one.

According to sales numbers, the Galaxy Note is top banana.

If I hold a plate up to my ear will that make me top banana too? :D