[ROM][NIGHTLY] CyanogenMod 7 Nightlies Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

akfelipe

Feb 11, 2011
Interesting when I tried rolling back from ics to gingerbread or froyo I get some recovery errors(will try again though), I though Odin was the only way..

Sent from my SGH-T959 using XDA

ovar

May 29, 2009
GR, MI
Anyone else have SOD issues? Once in while my phone will go to sleep and not wake up. I have to hold the power button down to reboot it or pull the battery.

Using latest nightly with Streamline Kernel.

johnnycs

Jul 26, 2006
Anyone else have SOD issues? Once in while my phone will go to sleep and not wake up. I have to hold the power button down to reboot it or pull the battery.

Using latest nightly with Streamline Kernel.

I think I got the SOD today. Didn't use my phone for a few minutes, pulled it out of my pocket and couldn't get the screen on. No keys responded. Even long pressing on the power battery didn't work. Had to pull the battery.

FaultException

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jan 13, 2012
I experienced SOD this morning.

Sent from my SGH-T959 using Tapatalk 2

On CM7 or CM9? If you haven't rebooted yet, do this with ADB:
Code:
** If you're on WINDOWS: **
adb shell cat /proc/last_kmsg > C:/result.txt

** If you're on LINUX: **
adb shell cat /proc/last_kmsg > ~/Desktop/result.txt

Post C:/result.txt or ~/Desktop/result.txt on pastebin and link it here.

Last edited:

MurdockBaracus

Oct 7, 2010
So Cal
Android System

Is anyone else seeing Android system eating up battery? Im on nightly 4/21 and it seems to be running smooth but I've got 30% drain from Android System.

Edit: kwapd0 has reared its ugly head in full effect! Back to give my battery a proper fu**ing! Ugh!!!

Last edited:

johnnycs

Jul 26, 2006
I'm also on nightly 4/21, but no drain from Android system. However, it looks like external GPS options are missing from the GPS Source menu. Is this happening for anyone else?

Edit: Never mind, the GPS settings fixed after a reboot

Last edited:

tbrar

Sep 22, 2010
SOD in Apr 17 nightly

Hi FaultException,

My phone SOD'd today. I can't post pastebin link as the output of

adb shell cat /proc/last_kmsg > C:/result.txt
is more than 500kb and pastebin doesn't let me upload it. I have zipped the file and attached it here. I did this before rebooting so I hope this helps with SOD issues.

Thanks

Attachments

• result.zip
    110 KB · Views: 4

java230

Jun 3, 2009
Ok here is my issue. I was on the 3/17 nightly, bad tunnel phone, but mostly only on incoming calls. Internal speaker was very loud, to the point of distortion.

Flashed the newest nightly, now tunnel phone is gone, but I can't hardly hear the speaker at all. Speaker phone is fine.

Any ideas?

FaultException

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jan 13, 2012
CyanogenMod for the Vibrant currently contains intermittent issues with the emergency dialing system. I strongly urge you NOT to use CyanogenMod on the Vibrant until they can be fixed. No more CM9 nightlies will be produced until that time.

Help by testing a test CM9 build for it

Please take any conversations regarding other kernels to their proper threads.

Last edited:

ovar

May 29, 2009
GR, MI
For all those have SOD issues, do you use profiles in SetCPU? I noticed the issue occurring when I set a profile to down clock my phone when the screen turned off. I removed the profile and have not had an issue since.

---------- Post added at 12:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:49 PM ----------

Is anyone else seeing Android system eating up battery? Im on nightly 4/21 and it seems to be running smooth but I've got 30% drain from Android System.

Edit: kwapd0 has reared its ugly head in full effect! Back to give my battery a proper fu**ing! Ugh!!!

I am seeing the same thing. What is kwapd0? How do I stop it from f***ing my battery?

Last edited:

ovar

May 29, 2009
GR, MI
I could really use some help on this kwapd0 process, it looks like it's involved with memory swap. How do I stop it from f***ing my battery?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts