Play Modern Combat with Mouse & Keyboard

Search This thread

Andreas527

Dec 29, 2011
Having trouble making this setup work for Shadowgun as you can see in the video.

I am trying to play the version of Shadowgun that was included in a bundle from Gamestop when I purchased my ASUS Transformer Prime using the ASUS matching keyboard dock and a mouse and the USB/BT JoyCenter app with its USB/BT Joy2Touch plugin. I believe I am having issues because Shadowgun automatically switches to gamepad mode with no onscreen touch movement controls when the tablet is placed in the dock, and I see no way to force touch controls which I believe are necessary for the USB/BT app to allow a mouse and keyboard to work. Anyone have a workaround for this?

Good find.. Think that that can be a little hard to fix for the developer, more of a game and tablet "problem" . You can always write a post at his forum so he maybe can find mod.

Edit. Did se that you already done so,
Asus Prime & Tapatalk

Last edited:

Fireplug

Aug 4, 2010
With the developers help, a most responsive fellow, we determined it was my Microsoft 4000 wireless USB mouse that was being recognized as a gamepad for some reason. Actually, a Logitech wireless mouse I have as well is also being recognized as a gamepad.

When I use any number of wired mice they all work flawlessly. So still not sure what it going on completely (as why some folks can use wireless mice, but I cant) but it works so well with my Logitech wired mouse, I am happy!

UPDATE

upgraded to latest version of Shadowgun... not the gamestop one... and wireless mice work now. Must map fire and reload (#8 and #7) to left and right mouse buttons though in app.

Last edited:

irishtexmex

Sep 27, 2010
Austin, TX
With Renaissance THD coming out in June the whole prospect of this excites me greatly... :D

~~~~~~~~~~~~

^ - What I had before, so people can see my mistake

Sidenote: Does anyone know how to embed a youtube video? This isn't working for me. :/

Last edited:

Fireplug

Aug 4, 2010
UPDATE

In Shadowgun issue with AWSD keys being mapped to both movement and weapons that developer Poke will fix in next update. In the meantime just use arrow keys to move and don't map left joystick to AWSD in this game. Really loving how responsive Poke is. Fully deserves the $5 for this awesome program unlike anything else available. I mean, how awesome is it that I was playing Shadowgun with full mouse and keyboard support in 3D on my 65 inch LG HDTV through hdmi yesterday!!

sbeanie

Oct 22, 2011
I'm having an issue getting the Touch Edit mode to activate with the keyboard. It activates perfectly with an xbox controller but doesn't want to with the prime's keyboard :( Anyone have a solution?

EDIT: Ok, I got the Touch Edit mode to activate but I don't think I can map any of the keys for some reason. It seems that the numbers/letters from my keyboard aren't working. Any ideas on how to fix this?

Last edited:

evilcuber

Aug 3, 2010
Toronto
Will it work if I use the MC3 files downloaded from my phone and put it on the tablet so I don't have to redownload everything? I will still be using the latest version of the app though. like my phones MC3 version was 1.0.1 and i backed up all the files but my tablets version is 1.1.0 so i dono if i can use my phones files on my tablet

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using XDA Premium App

Last edited:

ryanbell

Jun 6, 2010
Feature to Add + issue

Features to ADD

Reset to Defaults. (All key Bindings)
Restart Dameon Button in the app ( This will allow you to restart the process without having to exit the app and restart it again.)

Issues.
Mouse move doesn't return to starting point, So Mouse Feels like a D -PAD Rather then a mouse any known fixes for this ?

keep up the good work.

Last edited:

Makrilli

Dec 12, 2011
Features to ADD

Reset to Defaults. (All key Bindings)
Restart Dameon Button in the app ( This will allow you to restart the process without having to exit the app and restart it again.)

Issues.
Mouse move doesn't return to starting point, So Mouse Feels like a D -PAD Rather then a mouse any known fixes for this ?

keep up the good work.

You can reset to default by applying the file in import

Also, how can I map mouse movement and mouse clicks.

Other issue, how can I make joystick to scroll smoothly, for example i want to map one joystick so I can look around in gta iii etc I can do it already but it moves just a bit and not smoothly

And if it matters, I'm running virtuosprime

Sent from my sgs2 running cm9

guardianali

Dec 18, 2009
You already can. There's a post showing how to downgrade to .15....root...then update back to .21 and keep root. All without unlocking bootloader too.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda premium

emwu13

Dec 3, 2010
Thanks to the dev Poke64738 We now can play all of or favorite game using the keyboard dock and mouse.

Really easy to setup and all you need to know can be find inside the app. And there is also a support forum were you can get help and instructions from the dev. He answer question really fast and is helpful.

- You Need root
- USB/BT Joystick Center 6
- USB/BT Joystick2Touch AddOn 3
- Support forum

I feel like some kind of noob but nevermind.... ;)

Today I bought USB/BT app and get this add-on...
Trying to configure keyboard and my ms wireless mouse but even with help frim the app its not very clearly for me to get this working :(
Please make the movie step by step how to configure keyboard and mouse so i/we can use it like you....
...anybody please :)

from Prime or SGS+ using Tapatalk 2

emwu13

Dec 3, 2010
Somebody can do a movie tutorial how to configure USB/bt app to play with keyboard&mouse please....

from Prime or SGS+ using Tapatalk 2

xTRICKYxx

Jun 30, 2011
Jericho
www.youtube.com
I feel so scammed. I bought this and it doesn't even work...

The support forum is not really that great.

Dear OP, please make a tutorial...... Tried a wireless mouse, and no controls registered. Also a wired mouse did nothing as well.

Reactions: emwu13

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Thanks to the dev Poke64738 We now can play all of or favorite game using the keyboard dock and mouse.

Really easy to setup and all you need to know can be find inside the app. And there is also a support forum were you can get help and instructions from the dev. He answer question really fast and is helpful.

- You Need root
    - USB/BT Joystick Center 6
    - USB/BT Joystick2Touch AddOn 3
    - Support forum

Im going 2 be entirely honest I love the Idea but even through the forums there is no step by step tutorial and nothing is helpfull. I purchased this app about the same time I got my tf201 and never understood how to set keys etc. It would be awesome if you could make a video explaining how you map things and how its saved etc.
    Ive played it on my phone before and have a titanium backup of it. Is it possible to restore it with the app for the prime so i dont have to repeat playing the same levels?

Sent from my HTC Vision using xda premium

You could try installing DataSync or SaveShare on your phone and sync it that way.
    With Renaissance THD coming out in June the whole prospect of this excites me greatly... :D

Sidenote: Does anyone know how to embed a youtube video? This isn't working for me. :/

Only instert the the last part of the youtube link. The ones i have maid bold

www.youtube.com/watch?v=sJkw4buDoyQ

Asus Prime & Tapatalk
    I feel so scammed. I bought this and it doesn't even work...

The support forum is not really that great.

Dear OP, please make a tutorial...... Tried a wireless mouse, and no controls registered. Also a wired mouse did nothing as well.