SM-N900W8 Canadian 4.4.2 Kitkat for Sasktel/Telus/Bell and Rogers

Search This thread

shant0nu

Mar 28, 2012
Saskatoon
I've managed to successfully install 4.4.2 onto Rogers bell SaskTel and telus Note 3. Modem and CSC from the latest Canadians Carrier and flashed with Odin 3.09 along with TelCel (Mexican) 4.4.2 files below. Download link file in the attached file.
Follow the instructions and have a break for kit Kat.

Also good news is if you don't like to be on 4.4.2 and want to go back you can go back from the 4.4.2 to 4.3 again by just downloading the Carrier specific official Odin flash ROM. This ROM is down gradable.

Good luck all Canadians....:cool:

Download
http://www.mediafire.com/download/plpspx97437w3dw/SM_N900W8_.zip

Last edited:

zerojay

Aug 3, 2010
We don't know yet whether it works on your phones. We are waiting to hear back from someone who took the leap and tried it. Until then I would hold off.

Perform the following at your own risk. I'm not responsible for any mishaps

I've managed to successfully install 4.4.2 onto Rogers bell SaskTel and telus Note 3. I extracted the modem and CSC from the latest Rogers 4.3 and flashed with Odin 3.09 along with TelCel (Mexican) 4.4.2 files below. Download link file in the attached file.

Good luck all Canadians....

Yes, we already do know this works on our phones because several of us have already done it days ago, myself included. It works fine.

Oogar

Apr 9, 2012
Toronto
We don't know yet whether it works on your phones. We are waiting to hear back from someone who took the leap and tried it. Until then I would hold off.

I've managed to successfully install 4.4.2 onto Rogers bell SaskTel and telus Note 3. I extracted the modem and CSC from the latest Rogers 4.3 and flashed with Odin 3.09 along with TelCel (Mexican) 4.4.2 files below. Download link file in the attached file.

OP knows this works as he has been actively posting in this thread already...

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2614772

Just head over to this thread for more information - @shant0nu why don't you update your original post with this link so we can reduce redundancy. No point in having the same conversation in two spots.

rocky272727

Oct 8, 2011
Toronto
Change title - it is not a official update

Thanks for bring it to us.

I would request you not to post incorrect information as this is not a official update. It defeats the purpose of having a forum.

Thanks

Oogar

Apr 9, 2012
Toronto

Not you mention you copy and pasted my post from the other thread. It would be lovely if you could remove this and give credit where it is due.

Thank you :).

Last edited:
Reactions: ☆Jamie☆

rocky272727

Oct 8, 2011
Toronto
Any news for official update over OTA ?

Hi,

Has anyone received update notification via OTA or Kies for 4.4 ?

Mostly all the model have received the update so far, looks like Canadian carries are slower then the rest to push the update.

Please update.

Thanks

Oct 8, 2007
Hi,

Has anyone received update notification via OTA or Kies for 4.4 ?

Mostly all the model have received the update so far, looks like Canadian carries are slower then the rest to push the update.

Please update.

Thanks

Nada !

They have to load all the poop to the firmware first before we get it... I'm betting on next week.

Andres Madrid

Dec 25, 2006
hello i had a question

i has to install the rom from telus, becaouse if i install another, i lost the LTE capability, and i dont know why, i tried to install this rom(telcel) and i had two problems, lost of the lte capability and i was unable to activate by this post (http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2489766), and the second problem was the network lock, so i can use on my network, anybody can help me????

c_est_la_vie

Oct 14, 2013
Toronto, Ontario
I installed this sucessfully on my SM-N900W8, but with problems

Hi everyone, I installed this method on my SM-N900W8 and have successfully updated to 4.4.2 KitKat, but there were some problems:

1- My LTE doesn't work, so I've had to put up with slow data
2- My External SDHC card (64GB Sandisk) wasn't compatible for files such as music, videos, etc.

I installed 4.4.2 right when this thread was posted about a month ago and figured that since the official KitKat update was coming soon, I didn't think I'd have to put up with it for that long, but it's been a while and still we have no KitKat.

I also read that once you flash 4.4 KitKat, you cannot go back to 4.3, is that true with this method, since the 4.3 Kernel is still the same?

I would really appreciate if someone could help me out here!

(In the meantime, I'm going to try my luck with this new 4.4.2 custom ROM that was released for the SM-N900W8: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2648843) (I believe shant0nu here in this thread authored this one!)

p.s. My carrier is Telus, if that matters at all.

hey_joe

Oct 28, 2010
Hi everyone, I installed this method on my SM-N900W8 and have successfully updated to 4.4.2 KitKat, but there were some problems:

1- My LTE doesn't work, so I've had to put up with slow data
2- My External SDHC card (64GB Sandisk) wasn't compatible for files such as music, videos, etc.

I installed 4.4.2 right when this thread was posted about a month ago and figured that since the official KitKat update was coming soon, I didn't think I'd have to put up with it for that long, but it's been a while and still we have no KitKat.

I also read that once you flash 4.4 KitKat, you cannot go back to 4.3, is that true with this method, since the 4.3 Kernel is still the same?

I would really appreciate if someone could help me out here!

(In the meantime, I'm going to try my luck with this new 4.4.2 custom ROM that was released for the SM-N900W8: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2648843) (I believe shant0nu here in this thread authored this one!)

p.s. My carrier is Telus, if that matters at all.

You can downgrade back to 4.3 if you flashed the right files. Read the guide here.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    So essentially this gives you stock kitkat with 4.3 modem? Does it wipe data? Trigger Knox?

Sent from my SM-N900W8 using Tapatalk

Not you mention you copy and pasted my post from the other thread. It would be lovely if you could remove this and give credit where it is due.

Thank you :).