[Q] HELP SOS! 911 Note 3 Freaking Out

Search This thread

doctorc501

May 12, 2014
Have a Note 3, rooted, flashed Jedi Elite about 3 months ago, works like a champ.

Randomly today during normal usage, phone froze, reset, then gives me this message

"Device memory damaged - the data partition has been corrupted. You need to reset your device to factory defaults. This will erase all the data on your device"

Tried that, didn't change anything (booted right back to the same screen), Went into the bootloader, wiped the cache, no change, tried a factory reset from there, no change, tried 're-rooting' it (a suggestion online), root worked, no change ( still booting to the same screen )

Help! Can't find any help online, in desperate need of guidance.

mdiaz33685

Feb 20, 2009
Tampa, FL
Have a Note 3, rooted, flashed Jedi Elite about 3 months ago, works like a champ.

Randomly today during normal usage, phone froze, reset, then gives me this message

"Device memory damaged - the data partition has been corrupted. You need to reset your device to factory defaults. This will erase all the data on your device"

Tried that, didn't change anything (booted right back to the same screen), Went into the bootloader, wiped the cache, no change, tried a factory reset from there, no change, tried 're-rooting' it (a suggestion online), root worked, no change ( still booting to the same screen )

Help! Can't find any help online, in desperate need of guidance.

if you have no choice, I would recommend flashing through ODIN the new firmware, or which ever firmware you have installed on your phone..

goto recovery,, wipe system, data, cache, dalvik cache, then ODIN your firmware.. this way you will have a fresh clean install, see what happens after that,

doctorc501

May 12, 2014

if you have no choice, I would recommend flashing through ODIN the new firmware, or which ever firmware you have installed on your phone..

goto recovery,, wipe system, data, cache, dalvik cache, then ODIN your firmware.. this way you will have a fresh clean install, see what happens after that,

Tried, everything seemed to go well, but on boot up after flashing the ROM, same screen about corruption of memory.

Seems like I might want to try the re-partition option, which requires a pit file, but can't find the right file (SM-N900T)

steve97ta

Jun 7, 2011
San Antonio, TX
If you Odin the stock room boot into the stock recovery and factory reset. You can also do this in the settings menu under storage. This will wipe your phone

Sent from my SM-N900T using XDA Premium 4 mobile app